How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

01-07-2012
Power to the 99%

yoox
Just ordered this in my usual size at a deep discount ... looks like it should fit!
Attached Images
File Type: png Lanvin blouse Yoox.png (88.7 KB, 1 views)

01-07-2012
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionista-ta View Post
Just ordered this in my usual size at a deep discount ... looks like it should fit!
Very nice! Where did you get it?

I've started the new season today.

My SS season-list added up to 23 items. 7 presents and 16 purchases.

- 8 dresses
- 3 bags
- 3 pairs of shoes
- 2 bottoms
- 2 jackets
- 5 tops

It sounds like heck of a lot. My goal for the new season will be 10 purchases and I think it will be easier to stick to my goal this time, since I only have 5 things on my musthavelist this time. For SS I had 10. My musthaves are.

- A white tee
- A black blouse
- A black clutch
- A black dress (tight, jersey, draped in the stomach area, long sleeves and good with both a jacket over, should work with both heels and flats).
- A black wool coat, if I can find the right one.

01-07-2012
Power to the 99%

^ Found it at Yoox. I don't remember seeing this style ...

I see your list is very black and white

01-07-2012
backstage pass

Working on my fall list but I already have quite a bit on there!

- cobalt blue sweater with cow skulls - preordered
- neon cross body bag in yellow - ordered
- vampire lips sequin sweater in grey
- cobaltish blue short sleeved sweater
- black shell
- grey/black patterned pants
- tulips on black velvet loafers

I've also ordered two statement necklaces from etsy that I hope work
out and I might get a danijio cuff. Small etsy and consignment purchases I think
I'll exempt. I'm also listing items on eBay and that is such a pain it makes me
want to shop much more carefully!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

02-07-2012
trendsetter

Quote:
^ Found it at Yoox. I don't remember seeing this style ...

I see your list is very black and white
It looks very nice and exclusive.

B&W works for me. That way I do not have to put a lot of thought in to the colourscheme of my buys, to make sure everything goes together. Only out 5 of 23 SS items were coloured

02-07-2012
backstage pass

Hey Fashionista, that's a lovely top! Looks very much like you! Congrats! Did it arrive yet?

I ordered my last S/S12 piece today. As I had planned, I got another piece in the sales. It was a dress by Alexander McQueen that was absolutely not affordable in its original price but that I had hoped to get all season. Now it was 70% off and finally moved into the price category that felt okay... I had to get it! I resisted buying anything else in the sales though... So much lovely new stuff is coming into the shops so I want to start concentrating on the new season. S/S is officially over by today... ;-)

I'll do a recap about the season later this week and then I'll try to think about the next season, too.

02-07-2012
Power to the 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betinapple View Post
It looks very nice and exclusive.

B&W works for me. That way I do not have to put a lot of thought in to the colourscheme of my buys, to make sure everything goes together. Only out 5 of 23 SS items were coloured
Thanks. (It's Lanvin btw. A lot of the current season stuff is already 100% sold out everywhere, so I'm excited to find it, in a color that was produced this season, at 70% off! At least ... there was a color this season called Mauve--whether it's really the same or not, I don't know.)

Lots of people just stick with neutrals ... the nice thing is, if you decide to go with more color later on, all these pieces will work with color too

Last edited by fashionista-ta; 02-07-2012 at 12:57 PM.

02-07-2012
backstage pass

Betinapple: I think buying lots of B&W stuff is definitely clever! No wonder your outfits always look well I just can't do it... I loooove things in strong colors. And I don't think black is the most versatile neutral for me. I used to buy lots of black but I concentrate more on navy, camel and cream colors nowadays.

Tata: Oh, is that the Lanvin you are planning to wear for your brother's wedding? Or were you thinking of a dress?

02-07-2012
Power to the 99%

^ It used to be that I never wore black because it's not really my color--I used brown as a neutral. I grew tired of that, though, and now it's all black and no brown. I still don't think black is so great next to my face. I get a charge out of color. I find it interesting, fun, uplifting ... and the different color families become like little collections in your closet. The coral, the purple, the red ...

R&N, yes, I'm shopping for my brother's wedding. Waiting for the blouse to arrive ... if it works, I'm probably then looking for a narrow black skirt to go with. And then I was thinking new shoes since I got such a great deal on the blouse Seems like MiuMiu has the cutest shoes this season.

I still have the dress I wore to his last wedding, thus the separates ... I think they'll be a lot more useful, and I'm using this as an excuse to buy something really great--I hope

This is my 2nd piece for the season btw ...

Last edited by fashionista-ta; 02-07-2012 at 07:19 PM.

03-07-2012
trendsetter

Regarding colour schemes: I would really like to be able to work crem, camel and navy like you RedandNavy, because I like the more "soft" look the give. I just do not see it working for me. And thank you for the nice compliments

@RedandNavy: do you have any pictures of the dress?

@Ta-ta: very nice with a solid discount. What kind of shoes are you thinking of pairing it with for the wedding?

03-07-2012
backstage pass

Tata and RnN, you two are doing great with sales. My problem is I end up buying too much
that I would pass on at full price, and well too much generally. So in the spirit of this thread
I sent back two shipments I ordered on sale that were mediocre when I tried them
on.

I am tempted by a certain bag on eBay right now - its an evening bag and god knows I have
enough of those. Still I might make an offer and see since sales are slow and it is a collector's
piece. I'm also decluttering my own closet on eBay right now!
Posted via Mobile Device

03-07-2012
Power to the 99%

^^ As far as shoes, likely something with an open toe and some kind of heel, maybe MiuMiu. First comes the skirt ...

04-07-2012
trendsetter

Quote:
^^ As far as shoes, likely something with an open toe and some kind of heel, maybe MiuMiu. First comes the skirt ...
Sounds like a plan

I think my strategy for this season will be trying to buy only 1 item each month and saving the last four slots for the sales/unexpected things. Hope I'll be able to stick to it. The biggest obstacle is thrift stores, which I'll try to stay away from at home, but still go to when I visit my parents, since the stores there have really nice stuff.

04-07-2012
backstage pass

SO MANY GOOD SHOES RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!! These are perfection. I was going to stack my KG sandals but I think it would be good to keep those flat and for special occasions and then use these as everyday shoes. As soon as I get the money for them they are mine hopefully. They are only available in my size now...

solestruck.com

05-07-2012
backstage pass

Hey everyone!

The dress was being delivered to me on Tuesday but I was out for a two day trip (in the Alps, it was beautiful). So it should be delivered again today. As soon as I know it fits I am going to post a picture.

Tata: Sounds like a lovely plan for your wedding. I LOVE Miu Miu shoes. I'm making good experiences with my Miu Miu pumps I bought in spring 11, I've been adapting to them now and they serve me very well. I also have to pair of Miu Miu shoes on my online wish list. For me, they are among the few designer shoes that seem to fit my foot (they are not that narrow around the toe area). One pair I really admire right now is a pair on nude open toe pumps from Miu Miu with a bow.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#3, 45, french, piece, wardrobe