How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
11-07-2012
  376
Power to the 99%
 
fashionista-ta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Hardly ever at Barney's
Gender: femme
Posts: 13,479
^ The right dress would be OK, it just can't be $3000! We'll see what I find ... will go shopping this weekend.

__________________
There's a need for more individuality today, and my job is to cater to women, not dictate to them.
--Alber Elbaz
 
 
11-07-2012
  377
trendsetter
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Denmark
Gender: femme
Posts: 1,301
Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionista-ta View Post
^ The right dress would be OK, it just can't be $3000! We'll see what I find ... will go shopping this weekend.
Sounds very interesting!

 
13-07-2012
  378
front row
 
ShoestringTravel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: here, there, and everywhere
Gender: femme
Posts: 242
Betinapple, I think you should go for the sunglasses!

 
13-07-2012
  379
trendsetter
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Denmark
Gender: femme
Posts: 1,301
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoestringTravel View Post
Betinapple, I think you should go for the sunglasses!
Ordered them wednesday. Fingers crossed they will arrive today or tomorrow! I really hope they fit my face.

 
14-07-2012
  380
backstage pass
 
RedandNavy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Switzerland
Gender: femme
Posts: 742
Awww, congratulations on ordering the glasses, Betinapple. In case they don't fit, don't send them back. We might make a deal

Ta-ta: Christina Hendricks sure doesn't sound bad... Bad maybe not for a wedding.

Down coats
: Thanks for your recommendations! I'm actually not really feeling like looking for a down coat in summer, I think I'll postpone that decision till September/October. I mean it could be something else than a down coat but it should work with really cold weather and snow... I've seen a few down jackets that look fine to me but I can't bring myself to order one now. Didn't see anything on sale either.

 
14-07-2012
  381
trendsetter
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Denmark
Gender: femme
Posts: 1,301
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedandNavy View Post
Awww, congratulations on ordering the glasses, Betinapple. In case they don't fit, don't send them back. We might make a deal

Ta-ta: Christina Hendricks sure doesn't sound bad... Bad maybe not for a wedding.

Down coats
: Thanks for your recommendations! I'm actually not really feeling like looking for a down coat in summer, I think I'll postpone that decision till September/October. I mean it could be something else than a down coat but it should work with really cold weather and snow... I've seen a few down jackets that look fine to me but I can't bring myself to order one now. Didn't see anything on sale either.
You're so cute According to fedex' tracking system they will arrive monday. Can't wait!

I understand your thinking about coats. I don't really feel like looking for one ATM either - I want summer! I do, however, think I've found out the kind I want. I think I'll be going for a cape. I've always wanted one, and it should go well with both all of my feminine and retroinspired outfits, and my pistols, which is my favourite footwear for winter.

 
14-07-2012
  382
Power to the 99%
 
fashionista-ta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Hardly ever at Barney's
Gender: femme
Posts: 13,479
barneys, nordstrom
Well, I had an incredibly successful shopping trip today!

Got a skirt and shoes for the wedding, and also found the replacement shoes I need for fall. Also some lingerie. For everything but the skirt, I also got double points. Did I mention I got a fabulous parking place right in front of Barney's? Thank you shopping gods

The skirt is navy with black silk lace down the sides like a tuxedo (back view so you can see the darting).
Attached Images
File Type: png Nordstrom Miu Miu.png (64.6 KB, 1 views)
File Type: png Nordstrom oxford.png (58.1 KB, 137 views)
File Type: png barneys nina ricci skirt.png (169.4 KB, 3 views)

__________________
There's a need for more individuality today, and my job is to cater to women, not dictate to them.
--Alber Elbaz
 
14-07-2012
  383
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
 
Belowen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Australia
Gender: femme
Posts: 25,850
It's still too early for me to be thinking about looking at my Spring/Summer wardrobe for the year, but I have a friend's wedding coming up in November that I will need a new outfit for. I saw this Olga Berg bag on an Australian brand sale website this morning and HAD to snap it up at $19.95.
brandsexclusive

Now I need to start thinking about a dress to match. Something appropriate for a tropical climate (possibly very hot &/or humid) in a colour that suits me and a style that I'll be able to re-wear. I was thinking of wearing a maxi dress but this clutch seems like it would suit more of an empire waisted cap sleeve floaty skirt style dress. Hmm.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 35cdg.jpg (27.0 KB, 1 views)

__________________
 
15-07-2012
  384
trendsetter
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Denmark
Gender: femme
Posts: 1,301
@Ta-ta: gorgeous stuff! Do you have a pic of the front of the skirt?

Love the shoes. Are the heeled ones Miu Miu? The heel is very 1920s. The flats are gorgeous as well. Where are they from?

@Belowen: I love that bag. So femine and elegant. I think you are right about dress choise. I think a matte silk dress would look gorgous with the clutch - maybe worn with silver shoes as well.

I bought my first AW item. It was not on my list, but I'm quite happy with it anyway. It is a grey full skirt (my favourite kinda skirt), in a viscose/wool mix. It literally costed next to nothing (4 dollars) at an outlet. I have two similar ones in black and red that I use all the time, and think this grey one is going to be great for fall.

 
15-07-2012
  385
backstage pass
 
RedandNavy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Switzerland
Gender: femme
Posts: 742
Ta-Ta: Absolutely love both shoes!!! I actually have the same Miu Miu peep toes on my wish list, but in beige. How do they feel? Miu Miu shoes are my favorite, they have great styles and are relatively comfortable to my foot.

The flat ones are also great. Cool style! I'd love to have something like that (but maybe not black and white for me). Great stuff, congratulations!

Belowen: that's a pretty bag! Great purchase, too!

 
15-07-2012
  386
V.I.P.
 
lucy92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Gender: femme
Posts: 12,152
fashionista-ta, i love the wedding outfit. do they call those heels "banana" heels? i dont own any heels like that. i think the skirt and shoes would look amazing with a lacey top!

i'm afraid of purchasing shoes with any bits of white on them.

i'm thinking about purchasing some sort of oxford type shoes. might head down to the john fluevog store here and see what they have. that brand is still very expensive - the last time i purchased shoes from them was the 90's.

__________________
Large Avatars for Everyone!
Status: Online
 
15-07-2012
  387
Power to the 99%
 
fashionista-ta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Hardly ever at Barney's
Gender: femme
Posts: 13,479
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betinapple View Post
@Ta-ta: gorgeous stuff! Do you have a pic of the front of the skirt?

Love the shoes. Are the heeled ones Miu Miu? The heel is very 1920s. The flats are gorgeous as well. Where are they from?

@Belowen: I love that bag. So femine and elegant. I think you are right about dress choise. I think a matte silk dress would look gorgous with the clutch - maybe worn with silver shoes as well.

I bought my first AW item. It was not on my list, but I'm quite happy with it anyway. It is a grey full skirt (my favourite kinda skirt), in a viscose/wool mix. It literally costed next to nothing (4 dollars) at an outlet. I have two similar ones in black and red that I use all the time, and think this grey one is going to be great for fall.
Thanks, betinapple, and congratulations on your bargain!

Here's a picture of the front of the skirt. It's Nina Ricci, which seems to fit me pretty well. (That's two of us who've bought Nina Ricci in the last month or so!) The shoes are Miu Miu and AGL.
Attached Images
File Type: png Barneys Nina Ricci skirt front.png (157.7 KB, 1 views)

__________________
There's a need for more individuality today, and my job is to cater to women, not dictate to them.
--Alber Elbaz

Last edited by fashionista-ta; 15-07-2012 at 10:30 AM.
 
15-07-2012
  388
Power to the 99%
 
fashionista-ta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Hardly ever at Barney's
Gender: femme
Posts: 13,479
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedandNavy View Post
Ta-Ta: Absolutely love both shoes!!! I actually have the same Miu Miu peep toes on my wish list, but in beige. How do they feel? Miu Miu shoes are my favorite, they have great styles and are relatively comfortable to my foot.

The flat ones are also great. Cool style! I'd love to have something like that (but maybe not black and white for me). Great stuff, congratulations!

Belowen: that's a pretty bag! Great purchase, too!
Thanks, R&N They feel great, or they wouldn't have come home The heel seems to be a very comfortable height (and I appreciate that she's doing them a little lower, but so beautiful). I haven't seen the beige here--just pink, black, navy, and I think a magenta or something like that. From what I've seen so far, Miu Miu seems to have the best shoes of this season. This is my first pair of both the lines I bought.

Thanks, lucy--I don't know what the heel is called What is a Cuban heel? I'm not sure ...

I tried on several lace tops, but wasn't able to find one that was quite right. The sleeves and collar of one blouse were just perfect ... the rest of it less so ...

The white is really ivory, and really beautiful Italian leather. Because it's only on top, I'm not worried about it ...

I noticed right away that there is a great selection of flat oxfords this season (as well as tuxedo inspired shoes). If you want some, now is definitely the time. I really like these because even though they're inspired by men's footwear, they are definitely a woman's shoe. If you remember the Lanvin oxfords I returned last season--that was my complaint, that they really looked like a man's shoe on my foot. They probably look cute in a size 5 or 6 ... anything that gives me a cross-dressing vibe, I just cannot deal with

__________________
There's a need for more individuality today, and my job is to cater to women, not dictate to them.
--Alber Elbaz
 
15-07-2012
  389
Power to the 99%
 
fashionista-ta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Hardly ever at Barney's
Gender: femme
Posts: 13,479
PS It came to me! It's a Louis heel.

__________________
There's a need for more individuality today, and my job is to cater to women, not dictate to them.
--Alber Elbaz
 
16-07-2012
  390
trendsetter
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Denmark
Gender: femme
Posts: 1,301
My new skirt



Also, my sunnies arrived today. I absolutely adore them! Will show you pictures as soon as possible

 
Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#3, 45, french, piece, wardrobe
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"


 
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:27 AM.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
TheFashionSpot.com is a property of TotallyHer Media, LLC, an Evolve Media LLC company. ©2014 All rights reserved.