How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

01-01-2012
trendsetter

I use brogues with dresses and skirts I think it adds a really nice touch, especially to my a line skirts.

02-01-2012
backstage pass

And my jacket arrived!! Lucky me!

It's as beautiful as I always imagined and it fits me very nicely. I can't believe how much look I've had with online shopping this season! I got nearly everything I wished for at the beginning of the season and only sent back one of total seven items. Nice The jacket is a dream and will hopefully live with me through many seasons!

Pics by stylebop.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg moschinocandc.jpg (54.6 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg moschinocandc2.jpg (48.9 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by RedandNavy; 02-01-2012 at 05:59 AM.

02-01-2012
rising star

^ The jacket looks lovely RedandNavy. I really like the toggles and the fur trim - it looks nice and warm!

I'm kicking around the idea of adding one more item to my Spring/Summer (non-existent) list - black leather sandals. Specifically, flat sandals, as I have a bit of a gap in my wardrobe, I think. I tend to wear sandals with at least a kitten heel, but there have been times I wanted a flat sandal and I've found myself faced with either rubber thongs or the brown pair I have, but these are also more of a plain thong style, which seems more geared toward the beach to me. I did purchase last year a pair of flat sandals that have bronze, copper and pewter straps, but I'm wondering if I might get more life out of black.

These are the black sandals I'm considering:

Credit: Net-a-porter

Thoughts? Should I stick with the metallic flat sandals that have a similar look? I don't believe they are leather, so there is the fact that they will wear out eventually, plus they might not go with everything I would want to wear, as the mixed metallics give off a bit of a bohemian vibe, which isn't exactly my style. On the other hand, I already have a pair of flat sandals, and could probably try to make them work. I really like the look of the black sandals, but I'm trying hard to resist the impulse buy.

I've also added a straw bag to my list, but I'm a bit skeptical I'll find what I'm looking for, as the only straw bags I ever seem to find are too big and tote-like.

Last edited by ATM1985; 02-01-2012 at 09:43 AM. Reason: clarity

02-01-2012
Power to the 99%

^ I find metallics to be a nice neutral, but on the black--why not?

Try Kate Spade for straw bags of all sizes. I haven't looked in lately, but with resort, you might be able to find something now.

Congrats on the coat, RedandNavy I like how the waist is nipped in at the back, nice design.

02-01-2012
backstage pass

Oh, this should have read "luck" not "look". For some reason I tend to make very strange mistakes on here, I guess I'm always way too excited But thank you for your nice words on the coat! I really like it, it seems to be designed for my body type.

ATM: I like the sandals you posted. However, personally I think metallic sandals can be more versatile and flattering. Depends on the rest of your style though and probably on your body, too. I think the nice thing with metallics is that they blend in more with your skin. I also have flat sandals on my (not yet existing) spring / summer list.

02-01-2012
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATM1985 View Post
^ The jacket looks lovely RedandNavy. I really like the toggles and the fur trim - it looks nice and warm!

I'm kicking around the idea of adding one more item to my Spring/Summer (non-existent) list - black leather sandals. Specifically, flat sandals, as I have a bit of a gap in my wardrobe, I think. I tend to wear sandals with at least a kitten heel, but there have been times I wanted a flat sandal and I've found myself faced with either rubber thongs or the brown pair I have, but these are also more of a plain thong style, which seems more geared toward the beach to me. I did purchase last year a pair of flat sandals that have bronze, copper and pewter straps, but I'm wondering if I might get more life out of black.

Thoughts? Should I stick with the metallic flat sandals that have a similar look? I don't believe they are leather, so there is the fact that they will wear out eventually, plus they might not go with everything I would want to wear, as the mixed metallics give off a bit of a bohemian vibe, which isn't exactly my style. On the other hand, I already have a pair of flat sandals, and could probably try to make them work. I really like the look of the black sandals, but I'm trying hard to resist the impulse buy.

I've also added a straw bag to my list, but I'm a bit skeptical I'll find what I'm looking for, as the only straw bags I ever seem to find are too big and tote-like.
I think that black leather looks great on tanned skin! I'm really pale, however, and try to steer toward something like tan or metallic. But we're talking about Twilight-the-movie-style pale. I'm with Ta-Ta--go for it!

03-01-2012
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoestringTravel View Post
I think that black leather looks great on tanned skin! I'm really pale, however, and try to steer toward something like tan or metallic. But we're talking about Twilight-the-movie-style pale. I'm with Ta-Ta--go for it!
Yeah, definitely not tanned at all either. I'm definitely skirting into Twilight pale! But, I like the contrasting look of black and pale skin. I think metallics tend to look better with a tan. I guess everyone has different thoughts on that!

And thanks for the Kate Spade suggestion, fashionista-ta. I hadn't thought of her line - I always think straight leather for her, I don't know why. I'd love to find something smaller and structured, like this (although not exactly like it - not a huge fan of the brown, just more the concept of it):

Credit: chickendinnercandybar.blogspot.com

03-01-2012
Power to the 99%

^ I've had a similar bag from Kate Spade, but without the taper. The top and handle were cream pigskin. I don't see straw on their website, but if you have a store near you, they should have a lookbook showing what's next. I also have a Valentino straw bag, and Gucci does some nice ones too. Also Michael by Michael Kors always has some straw--I have one now, and had one other one. The styles there are not as structured, but the size is right (I like a medium size bag).

04-01-2012
backstage pass

Okay, I've started doing my spring/summer list.

Somehow way too many items have landed on it, so I will have to limit myself later. But generally I'll try to go on with my "1 item per month, 2 items during sale month policy". Concentrating on my "item of the month" has worked well for me. So sad a season doesn't have 20 months though...

General remark about the season: I'll try to go on with vibrant warm colors plus navy, camel, brown as neutrals. Somehow I feel I'll need a few print items this season though. I'm usually more of a solid girl but I love a bit of a print from time to time. It must be a fun yet rather repetitive print though. Somehow I feel attracted to print by DvF recently or even by Tory Burch. Oh, and I might be the only girl in the world but I loved Thakoon spring/summer. So the American designers will be in my focus this season.

So here is my list:

2 dresses: One wrap dress by DvF, I've been longing for one for two years now. It's time to focus on that. Plus one short sleeved dress that can be worn to the office and parties that aren't too formal.

1 Cardigan: I feel like I could need at least 5 but I'll try to find a great one that I wanna wear all season long.

1 pair of light wool trousers: I finally got my pair of denim, now I have to do the same with the wool trousers... Lord, me and buying pants is a sad story.

1 casual jacket: My life has become more casual but I tend to wear old stuff during casual days. I want a casual jacket that makes me feel great on the playground. A nice denim jacket or wind breaker - depends on what makes me fall in love.

1 blouse: For work, still can be fun and colorful though.

1 polo shirt: for casual days, in a vibrant color.

1 short sleeved work top: In a more neutral hue for a change...

1 swimsuit/bikini: I have two in mind that I want. Let's see which one will make it.

And then there are the shoes...... I really do need more comfortable summer shoes. That's a much more difficult topic than winter shoes.

1 pair of perfect pumps: Still looking for the perfectly chic yet perfectly comfy pair. Seems to be hard to find for me.

1 pair of flat sandals: Don't have any.

1 pair of loafers: The most comfy shoe for me and I need to update my old ones sooner or later. Preferably in navy or brown or camel.

1 pair of metallic ballerinas: Need more shoes that go with everything...

Now I'm aware that's not realistic but money will make a limit to it anyway So I'm curious as to what I'll get.

04-01-2012
rising star

I just bought to pair of shoes! One for everyday and one for a night out! I really like them!

Alexander Wang & Isabel Marant

Further I'm still looking for:

1 pair of chic sneakers

1 black dress/tunic. Something that I can wear as a dress but also as a tunic

1 rose gold watch. Maybe the Marc Jacobs version

1 colorfull sweater. To bring color into my wardrobe

Severall basic tops and tees of a good quality. Any ideas?

04-01-2012
Power to the 99%

^ You might look at Michele's rose gold watches ...

06-01-2012
backstage pass

I want a marc rose gold watch too!

06-01-2012
backstage pass

I love your new shoes justlikesushi!

I've yet to find any good basic tops. I don't want to settle so I think I may wait til closer to spring and keep an eye out for something that works. Instead I decided to invest in Marc Jacobs Daisy perfume and some Chanel makeup for the moment. Which pretty much wiped out my clothing allowance anyways so I have time to think what I want clothing-wise.

06-01-2012
windowshopping

I have been lurking around for ages... I am currently undergoing a wardrobe and style transformation of my own - started last May.

As soon as I have my base wardrobe completed I hope to be able to follow this principle too. At the moment though I'm still in the process of culling everything that does not fit anymore, is not the right style, that is worn out or that was just a mistake purchase in the first place.

It's a long but fun process

06-01-2012
rising star

Bought one more thing for F/W. I hadn't planned to, but I stumbled across the perfect work pumps by Ferragamo on sale yesterday, with only one pair left in my size. I had to snap them right up, because I've been searching for an oxblood and/or cordovan colored pump for work for ages. A bit pricey still, but I've had great luck with my all leather pumps for work, just diligently taking them in to the shoe repair whenever they look worn. My other cheaper, trendier shoes have gotten busted so quickly from all the walking I do on the street to and from court.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#3, 45, french, piece, wardrobe