How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

11-09-2012
Power to the 99%

Just stopped by to note that I ordered some lingerie--a couple replacement pieces (in one case, I've already discarded the item to be replaced ) It's rather risky to order a bra you've never worn before online, but I want to try one without underwire--hard to find in my size. Hopefully that will make the fit easier ... we'll see. Fingers crossed ...

13-09-2012
backstage pass

I have chosen my September item and it arrived today! I recently organized my wardrobe and had to give away my beloved fall coat because it simply looked too worn and old. It had an empire waistline and I always got compliments when wearing it, so when I spotted this Carven coat in a very similar style and in a lovely color I decided to get it. It will be very nice in fall and on warmer winter days, especially over dresses.

Coat: Carven
Pics: MyTheresa.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg carven_mantel1.jpg (92.2 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg carven_mantel.jpg (16.3 KB, 3 views)

13-09-2012
trendsetter

@RedAndNavy: oh my gosh. It is gorgeous. Very sixties and such a nice colour.

13-09-2012
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betinapple View Post
@RedAndNavy: oh my gosh. It is gorgeous. Very sixties and such a nice colour.
Thank you! I really like it, too. I just showed it to my hubby and he loved it, even if he can be quite sceptical sometimes The best thing is that it looks perfect with my favorite two fall/winter dresses. I'm really happy how my latest purchases all seem to "fit in". I've really changed the way I shop since I came here. I'm not buying a "beautiful item" anymore. I'm buying a piece for something bigger, if you know what I mean. I'm much more focusing on the wardrobe nowadays, and it really helps.

13-09-2012
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedandNavy View Post
Thank you! I really like it, too. I just showed it to my hubby and he loved it, even if he can be quite sceptical sometimes The best thing is that it looks perfect with my favorite two fall/winter dresses. I'm really happy how my latest purchases all seem to "fit in". I've really changed the way I shop since I came here. I'm not buying a "beautiful item" anymore. I'm buying a piece for something bigger, if you know what I mean. I'm much more focusing on the wardrobe nowadays, and it really helps.
I surely know what you mean. I've had the same experience.

13-09-2012
Power to the 99%

Congratulations, R&N I like those pleats at the top, very pretty.

I noticed in Lucky magazine an offer to put together a custom shopping list for you if you send a Pinterest board showing your personal style, and tell them your size, shape, and coloring. I was curious to see whether they would come up with anything I liked or not, so I did this. It says an editor will be doing it, but I strongly suspect that means unpaid intern. Hopefully I have given them a nice challenge

I didn't quite understand Pinterest, so I was rather surprised when I put this together right before bed for just me and them and got up the next morning to find I had 56 followers So I quickly made some adjustments

Will let you know what I hear. My expectations are not high, so if the list includes stuff I want, I will consider that a pleasant surprise

Don't know if anyone else who reads this thread also reads the magazine, but I have noticed they've been featuring more high-end stuff than before. Prominently featured in this issue or the last was a Dolce needlepoint skirt for $38K+

13-09-2012
backstage pass

Red&Navy, the silhouette of that coat is fantastic! I love it. The blue will go with everything.

I just ponied up for three classic cashmere pieces even though I have enough sweaters to last until my dying day...

One black one-sleeve cashmere sweater and one black short-sleeve cashmere sweater. And one navy short-sleeve cashmere sweater. All from J.Crew. I think their cashmere is the best balance of price and quality, and I really like the fit of their "cashmere tees" which is what these are, although they're certainly thicker than t-shirts.

14-09-2012
trendsetter

Do any of you have experience with anniel shoes? I have my eyes on a pair of ballet flats.

14-09-2012
backstage pass

Thank you, Gleam and ta-ta. Now at least I do have a reason to look forward to cool weather...

Betinapple: No idea about the shoes, I have never tried them.

14-09-2012
front row

I'm interested in how the lucky magazine thing goes. I'm really curious as to how it'll turn out and what they'll recommend.

14-09-2012
Power to the 99%

^ Me too Haven't heard anything back yet ...

15-09-2012
front row

just had a very succesful shopping trip - I bought some plants for the garden at the weekly flower-market, and (not at the flower market) a pair of black jeans. they're from Hope Stockholm, have a higher waist (the most comfortable and flattering for/on me), are somewhere between straight and skinny, not too stretchy and not too card-board-y... yes! I also tried on some items that I'd been eyeing, a Vanessa Bruno sweater and an Acne top, and while I love the design of those pieces, I did not love them on me, and I can just forget about them now I've tried them on. it's all progress

15-09-2012
Power to the 99%

nordstrom
^ I know what you mean, and congratulations on the jeans! There is nothing better than a perfect pair of black jeans ...

Nordstrom lured me in with triple points and the offer of $50 off, so I decided to go shopping for the gloves I need for this winter. Got these lambskin ones, as well as some tights and fun shoes that were pretty inexpensive but have a good walking heel ...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Isaac Mizrahi shoe.jpg (47.8 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Kate Spade lace hose.jpg (7.2 KB, 102 views)
File Type: jpg lambskin gloves.jpg (77.5 KB, 1 views)

16-09-2012
trendsetter

Great gloves Ta-ta. I really need some as well, to go with my cape.

16-09-2012
front row

^ thanks, fashionista-ta! good to hear you got some good new purchases as well. those tights are great!
I'm very happy with my new jeans, they will fit right in with the rest of my wardrobe and definitely serve a purpose. the 'shopping for something bigger' that RedandNavy talked about is definitely something I've been trying as well - to shift my attention, when shopping as well as when getting dressed, from single items to outfits.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#3, 45, french, piece, wardrobe