How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

07-10-2012
rising star

thank you for your post.

this is what I've bought this season, for now ...

coat:

jacket:

boots:

07-10-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marusenka View Post
thank you for your post.

you need to provide a credit for every image you post here. please credit or your posts will be deleted.

___

i also worry that people think i'm wearing the same thing all the time but only when it comes to footwear. thats because i've purchased some doubles of footwear (i have a hard time finding flats that are comfy so once i find a good pair i stock up) i also like to be lazy and leave shoes at work. and i keep leaving the same ones there.

this year i'm going to follow the advice i see in every high heel shoe story i've read that suggests alternating heel height every day. it can be a hard habit to break out of.

07-10-2012
Power to the 99%

Quote:
thank you for your post.

coat:

jacket:

boots:
Those look good to me The leopard stands out, and I like the quilting on the jacket ... maybe what you're wanting is to stretch a little beyond your usual style. Is there anything you've been wanting to try, but haven't yet? What about adding some red?

lucy, that reminds me of what one of my coworkers told me about someone she used to work with ... she actually kept a shoe rack with 20 pairs of shoes at work!! Maybe you're not leaving enough shoes at work

08-10-2012
rising star

#541 credits:

coat - zara.com

jacket - zara.com

boots - mango.com

sorry.

08-10-2012
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionista-ta View Post
Is there anything you've been wanting to try, but haven't yet? What about adding some red?
I like red but just on someone else, it's not my color. purple and emerald green are my colors but beside of that two - black, black and black.

maybe that's a reason why I look like I'm always in a same clothes - I have 20 black tights and every season I'm buying black boots and black bag ... I would like to add some color but because of my hair/eyes/skin only few colors suits me.

08-10-2012
backstage pass

Quote:
I like red but just on someone else, it's not my color. purple and emerald green are my colors but beside of that two - black, black and black.

maybe that's a reason why I look like I'm always in a same clothes - I have 20 black tights and every season I'm buying black boots and black bag ... I would like to add some color but because of my hair/eyes/skin only few colors suits me.
Hm, can you describe your hair etc colors? I'm pretty sure u can learn how to choose flattering colors... If black really suits you, that would mean u can wear other strong colors. Maybe u try to focus on learning what looks good on u?

Another strategy of mine is to accezorise. I try to buy at least one piece of jewellery or a scarf per season. Any black sweater becomes different with a diferrent statement accessory. For example I wore the same cardigan twice last week but with a different scarf and for me it felt like a different look.

08-10-2012
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedandNavy View Post
Hm, can you describe your hair etc colors?
dark brown hair, blue eyes, pale skin.

08-10-2012
backstage pass

Quote:
dark brown hair, blue eyes, pale skin.
Have u tried colors like white, ice blue or an intense Ocean Blue? Maybe an intense, coolish green as well? There would certainly be some great red as well, you just have to find the right shade...

Whatever, I think u shouldn't have to buy a black bag season after season... This is the kind of thing that should last at least five yrs, if not longer... Maybe u should try to find other stores/Brands? My experience with stores like Mango and Zara is that many of their stuff isn't meant to last, so u have to replace often. U don't necessarily have to buy any of the big expensive designers but there are plenty of mid-priced brands that sell lasting stuff. And the longer it lasts, the easier it is to actually follow a 4-5 pieces concept and feel happy with it.

The animal print looks like a good idea!

08-10-2012
backstage pass

Oh, and don't worry, you don't need many colors. If u add white, grey and one color that really suits u, that would be great already. But why have 20 black tights? Buy two and add some fun tights for example. And try to find more statement shoes, that really helps!!

08-10-2012
Power to the 99%

Quote:

There can be other reasons besides coloring that colors just feel right to you, I think ... maybe these match your aura I'm sure you can wear more colors, but these are the ones you really like.

So, why not buy a purple or green bag? Bring more of those colors in ... if you like leather, buy a leather piece in one of those colors. I have a plum suede skirt that I really like ... When you're thinking of buying something black, think of buying it in one of your favorite colors instead.

You could also add texture. Most of my tights are black too, but I have lace ones, I've had paisley ... there's ribbing, dots ... I'm sure there's something out there that will work for you.

PS I see we're both posting the same advice about tights ... you see we must be right

Last edited by fashionista-ta; 08-10-2012 at 09:03 AM.

08-10-2012
backstage pass

Oh, I didn't really realize that u already mentioned Green and purple as colors that u like ;-) so stick with those.

I have a pair of leather pumps with a silver / black lace print... Maybe u could try something like that? Don't go too basic all the time, add some risk and fun. If u don't want to spend big money on something of the kind look at scarves, tights, hats etc to update a black wardrobe.

08-10-2012
rising star

fashionista-sta and redandnavy, thank you very much for your help.

08-10-2012
backstage pass

Quote:
fashionista-sta and redandnavy, thank you very much for your help.
Well, in the end u and only u will find the answers! But why don't u stay with us? Discussing my purchases has really helped me... Though I still feel like I have to learn a lot to make this concept here work.

08-10-2012
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedandNavy View Post
Well, in the end u and only u will find the answers! But why don't u stay with us?

I will stay here ... I just need to purchase something first.

I need more self-confidence and I wish my english is better, much better, so I can discuss properly.

08-10-2012
Rebaptising my badness

marusenka, you mentioned you like red (but on others). Have you tried small accessories in this colour, like earrings or bracelets or even a small scarf tied to a bag maybe? I love red but I always felt it was a bit too strong on me (or maybe I just feared the attention it would draw) so I started buying small red leather accessories as a way to getting used to the colour and learning how to coordinate it with other colours. Now I feel comfortable enough that one of my favourite cardigans is actually red.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#3, 45, french, piece, wardrobe