How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

19-10-2012
Power to the 99%

^ Hmm ... I know what you mean. Would you prefer if we PMed the Pinterest link to those making lists for us?

20-10-2012
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionista-ta View Post
^ Hmm ... I know what you mean. Would you prefer if we PMed the Pinterest link to those making lists for us?
I think personally I'd prefer when those who are interested in contributing just exchanged the Pinterest links. After all, a wardrobe is something very personal and a bit of a mistery... But I'd gladly exchange ideas and think this would be wonderful! I'm already adding pins with my stuff and wishes.

Last edited by RedandNavy; 20-10-2012 at 04:36 AM.

20-10-2012
Power to the 99%

Here's a link to the new thread ... http://forums.thefashionspot.com/f58...l#post11168337

22-10-2012
backstage pass

My husband got me a new bag this weekend for my birthday! It is a pleated leather tote bag by Prada with silver hardware. I've liked this ruched leather style for some time but they only had it in gold hardware. Glad I held out!

And I wore my crazy Lupfer sequined sweater this weekend which was a major F/W purchase. Got compliments from two strangers!

I'm trying to otherwise limit my shopping until I get a load of clothing I don't wear anymore to the local consignment shop, who is holding a check for me anyways.

23-10-2012
backstage pass

HELLO! Sorry I don't show up or contribute as much as I feel I should. You ladies are always in my mind. I just wanted to update you guys on some boots I bought last year for my bday. They are definitely a 4 to 5 piece situation for me. I paid 60 for them but they were obviously worth way more. I write about them because I had a hard time getting in and out of them. This year I spent an additional 60 getting zippers added. If these had been disposable shoes I might have just written them off but because I bought quality I was able to add the zips and feel I will have them forever!

23-10-2012
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by salomelovesjohn View Post
My husband got me a new bag this weekend for my birthday! It is a pleated leather tote bag by Prada with silver hardware. I've liked this ruched leather style for some time but they only had it in gold hardware. Glad I held out!

And I wore my crazy Lupfer sequined sweater this weekend which was a major F/W purchase. Got compliments from two strangers!

I'm trying to otherwise limit my shopping until I get a load of clothing I don't wear anymore to the local consignment shop, who is holding a check for me anyways.
Markus Lupfer sweater sounds great! Love those design!! I just don't really remember which design you got?

Aw, congrats on the bag! Any pics?

24-10-2012
trendsetter

After getting a gentle reminder of this thread by a certain someone () I thought I would just drop in.

Me and my boyfriend moved to a new apartment a couple of weeks ago so I have been busy packing, unpacking and decorating. On the bright side my 5PFW with a twist project is so easy ATM since I want to spend my money on furniture - not clothes.

In the beginning of October I did however purchase a black woolen sweater - Benneton like planned. I love, love, love it already and have worn it several times. Actually I am wearing it right now. It goes with everything.

Right now I'm trying to focus on accesories since I discovered that right now what I mostly need is the fun stuff that makes all the basics look good. I've already bought a black beanie with a (faux)fur pompom and I am contemplating buying a pink baret - since I wear my maroon and green ones all the time.

24-10-2012
backstage pass

Aldn: Sounds great with your boots! It's always great to invest in what you already have, appreciate it and keep it in circulation. Congrats and keep posting!

Betinapple
: Thanks to the person who sent you that reminder :p Good to see you here! Awww, moving is so inspiring, isn't it? You never are so careful with your home like in that time when it's fresh and new and you have to freedom to place everything the way you want... Have fun with that! And great accessories are such a great thing. They can make every look interesting indeed...

Me: I realized that my closet is getting emptier and emptier... And I don't mean that in a bad way. I've been more consequent with taking out things that I don't wear and I've bought less - and surprisingly, it does work Also, I've been wearing my new Carven coat a lot recently and I got several nice comments on it.

24-10-2012
trendsetter

@Aldn: it is so nice when you have that kind of experiences!

@RedandNavy: Is is FANtastic! Nobody hates cleaning like I do, but everything is so nice and pretty so I've gone cleaning crazy to keep it that way

Glad to hear that your wardrobe is getting better - even without shopping. I've had the same experience. Before moving I felt like having nothing to wear and now I feel like I have so much styling-possibilities that I do not know how to choose. I can easily understand all the nice comments on your coat - it is gorgeous!

24-10-2012
i'm almost ready..

After much lurking - and too many days now sick at home - I think I've decided it's time to post here. i love the idea of this thread.. i can't say i have any 'rules' when it comes to building my wardrobe, or how many pieces i let in each season, but i am continually trying to steer myself away from quick buys and toward more deliberate purchases that will have a proper place in amongst my other things.

i also naturally purge myself of clothes fairly often....which i rarely regret.. and i find very helpful in trying to create a more focused, coherent collection of things. there's nothing better for me than those moments in front of my clothes where i feel like there are so many possibilities, because everything 'works' together. i wish i had more of those moments...

I think I'll start with my wishlist for this winter... not all of it realistic (okay, most of it not...as i have a big trip coming up next week with some very indulgent dinners already booked ) but it's a place to start!

illesteva leonard II sunglasses [norsestore.com], camilla bag by steven alan [stevenalan.com] and this 'wood' sweater by hope [nuji.com]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg illesteva_leonardII.jpg (15.0 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpeg steven alan_camilla.jpeg (18.3 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg wood sweater_hope.jpg (40.2 KB, 0 views)

25-10-2012
trendsetter

@Adorefaith: welcome! I aggree - having the feeling that you've got endless outfit possibilities is the best.

Great bag - every woman should one one like that. Goes with everything. If I were to buy only one thing, that would be it.

27-10-2012
backstage pass

Thanks ladies!
I have recently been spending a lot on home decorations as I am going to start having in person parties for my online shop. So I had to sort out my room and the garage where the shop will be. It's been fun! So can totally feel betin.
Red: Love that your closet is progressing swimmingly.
Adore: Very cool chic items you will have forever!

30-10-2012
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldn View Post
Thanks ladies!
I have recently been spending a lot on home decorations as I am going to start having in person parties for my online shop. So I had to sort out my room and the garage where the shop will be. It's been fun! So can totally feel betin.
Red: Love that your closet is progressing swimmingly.
Adore: Very cool chic items you will have forever!
I love decorating! It takes time however since I only want quality stuff and love danish furniture design from the 60s so I'm spending a lot of time bidding on auctions these days.

Sounds exciting about your shop. What do you sell? I think people starting their own businesses are so brave.

I did however get tempted by a Tommy Hilfiger blouse in my local thrift store. It costed next to nothing and looked exactly like the kind of blouse I was hunting this spring (white, Peter Pan collar, puffed sleeve) and costed next to nothing so it went with me home and became my 10th item this season.

This means that I shouldn't do anymore shopping untill january but I have my eyes on two pairs of statement ballet flats, something I have been meaning to add to my wardrobe. The one pair is red and the other silver glitter. I just can not figure out which ones to get and even though I have the money I just feel it would be irresponsible to get both

31-10-2012
backstage pass

Hey Adorefaith! Welcome to this thread and good luck with chosing your pieces! The bag looks great, very classic and beautiful. Do you plan to get it? I also clean up my closet regularly and I still feel like maybe I should empty it more :p When I first read somewhere that you should clean out your closet to have more possibilities I didn't believe it, but now I know it's so true! For me the most important thing is to learn to focus on a style though because only if you focus the whole concept can work.

Winter outdoor jacket: I went ahead and ordered that teal jacket I talked about in the shopping list thread... I just ordered it now so it should be with me in a few days... I wasn't really sure whether I should get it because I'm not 100% sure it will flatter my body (I'd have this doubt with any down jacket since they seem to be tricky for me). But I looked around in stores for a better piece and just didn't find anything that remotely felt like it would perfectly fit in my wardrobe. So.... I decided to give it a try. I think the color will be so great for me and the price is okay (compared to the other one I considered). The only question mark is the fit since those jackets seem not to be easy to wear. But I'll never find out without trying it on. So we will see.

Last edited by RedandNavy; 31-10-2012 at 09:47 AM.

31-10-2012
backstage pass

Betin: That's great. It's nice to have a unique aesthetic. I want to incorporate old rugs and tables. It's mostly vintage but I have some new mixed in and hope to add more now that this is my full time job. It's scary sometimes but it feels right.
Your blouse sounds super cute! And like you said it was thrifted.
Red: I love teal. I know what you mean about the down jackets being a little trickier. Hope it works for you.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#3, 45, french, piece, wardrobe