How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

05-11-2012
backstage pass

I had to wait until November to get my October item I'm getting so pacient when it comes to waiting with my purchases

My down jacket arrived today and I'm so relieved!!! I was doubting whether it would really suit me since it looks a bit bulky in the pictures on farfetch. But it is great!! It's quite short but that's a very good thing for me/my body. The color is gorgeous, actually more beautiful than I expected even. It's a teal with a greenish shimmer, very nice! And it's cut is very close to the body and with a special curve in the back. And it's extremely light weight yet so warm! I'm so happy I found this one since getting a down jacket that actually suits me has been so difficult...

Now I feel I can go back to buying more pleasant things than down jackets With my Carven coat and my new down jacket I feel like I'm ready for any winter days.

Pics: Farfetch.com, jacket by Moncler
Attached Images
File Type: jpg moncler1.jpg (278.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg moncler2.jpg (46.3 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by RedandNavy; 05-11-2012 at 12:16 PM.

06-11-2012
Power to the 99%

^ Glad you like the jacket! Looks like they did a really good job with the design/waist emphasis at the back.

06-11-2012
Fashion Designer

It looks really good for a puffy jacket

09-11-2012
backstage pass

The only people I spread karma to are in this group. LOL. I wanted to give some to redandnavy for her jacket! Love the color!

10-11-2012
backstage pass

Thank you, aldn, you're sweet! And thanks to daniellat, too!

Tata: I love the detail in the back and I like that it's cut is really close to the body. I have been wearing it a few times already and it felt very right. How is your search for a cardigan going?

12-11-2012
rising star

thats a very pretty jacket, for a down jacket. i really like the color and the back part.

so i finally bought my 'ultimate' clutch. i finally made up my mind to get a black patent clutcch instead of a silver one
it will be more versatile, i guess.

so no more clutch for me for seberal years, and mebbe i will not want another one as this is very classic imho ( the bbj cluch by ysl).

too bad i got it several days after peice increase..., but at the end i think its still worth it.

cant wait for it to aarive!

12-11-2012
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by floodette View Post
thats a very pretty jacket, for a down jacket. i really like the color and the back part.

so i finally bought my 'ultimate' clutch. i finally made up my mind to get a black patent clutcch instead of a silver one
it will be more versatile, i guess.

so no more clutch for me for seberal years, and mebbe i will not want another one as this is very classic imho ( the bbj cluch by ysl).

too bad i got it several days after peice increase..., but at the end i think its still worth it.

cant wait for it to aarive!
Congrats on your clutch! I bet you will love it. I have the "y-mail" clutch from YSL and the quality is impeckable. I rarely use my other clutches anymore.

14-11-2012
backstage pass

Oh, floodette, so glad you like your recent clutch! I LOVE those YSL clutches, so simple yet so elegant and timeless! Congrats!

Betinapple, I didn't remember you actually got the YSL mail clutch. I remember you talking about it though! It's lovely, too!

Remember I always talked about a burgundy fur vest I preordered in May? Well, seems it actually finally arrived at NAP and it should be shipped shortly. My November item is about to arrive...

14-11-2012
Power to the 99%

^ Very exciting!

I haven't looked any more for a cardigan ... Christmas is coming up, plus the 10x points at Nordstrom's event, where I'm planning to stock up on tights and other staples ... I really ended up having to toss out a lot of tights last season, so I definitely need to replenish! It's just now gotten cold enough to wear them regularly ...

14-11-2012
backstage pass

Love the puffer coat's cut and color. And the YSL mail clutch is lovely and well made.

I've been thinking about how many expensive things aren't necessarily well made. Then again I have a pair of Burberry flats that I've worn to death and might resole for the second time.

I've been meaning to post but TPF will not let me post from my home computer - no idea why not!

Here is my new bag, the leather isn't shiny, just my bad photo skills. It is so soft I keep petting it.

Picture taken by me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bag.JPG (33.1 KB, 156 views)

14-11-2012
backstage pass

Here is my other recent purchase. A top by Warehouse that I ordered from ASOS. I love animal prints and it has a bit of a texture, the faux necklace isn't something I usually go for but I really like it on this to which I can wear with black slacks & a cardigan for work or by itself for going out.

The sweatshirt is velour and I ordered the one with the sacred heart, but I think I'm returning it for the crosses, since the heart didn't look like it would wear well at all. I really want a nice cozy, but fun sweatshirt. I found myself looking for one in my closet and getting stuck in on of my husband's sports themed sweats. UM......

The velour says dry clean only but it is a cotton/poly blend so I imagine that hand washing is ok? Thoughts?

I ordered a few other things, but most of them probably won't work out. This time of year I sort of stock up, but I want to only get things I'll really use instead of looking in my closet at great "deals" that I never wear.

Pictures from (top picture) revolveclothing.com and asos.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg revolve wildfox.jpg (60.3 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg warehouse top.jpg (12.0 KB, 155 views)
File Type: jpg wildfox heard sweatshirt.jpg (11.3 KB, 155 views)

14-11-2012
Rebaptising my badness

I've been drawn to mixing neutrals with bold colours for quite a while now, but only recently this became apparent to me, as I realised that this concept has been informing all of my purchases for the past year or so. In keeping with that, two of my most recent purchases were a long, emerald green pleated A-line skirt and an indigo T by Alexander Wang t-shirt. Now I'm on the lookout for an orange accessory, preferably a long necklace. I was toying with the idea of buying an orange cardigan but I decided it would be too much, at least right now. I think an accessory will make me warm up to the colour a bit faster and I'll feel encouraged to use it more often - although I am guilty of owning a pair of orange flats that I have probably worn twice in a year (for a good reason though - they look incredibly precious and I was afraid I would ruin them on the less than perfect sidewalks around my city).

16-11-2012
backstage pass

I preordered it in May and finally got it today... My McQ Rabbit Fur Vest. And so it is my November item

I never owned a fur vest before so it's quite new and different for me, but I really like that it adds something new to my usual sweater wardrobe.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mcqrabbitfurvest1.jpg (237.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg mcqrabbitfurvest2.jpg (158.6 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by RedandNavy; 16-11-2012 at 10:00 AM.

16-11-2012
backstage pass

Yikes, I forgot to credit the pics: net-a-porter.com

29-11-2012
front row

Well, this year has been a year of purging and rebuilding my wardrobe. Here's what I think 2013 will look like for me, purchase-wise:

12 items for the year:

dark wash skinny jeans
cashmere sweater x 3
gucci duffel bag
hermes scarf
sneakers
cashmere cardigan
k jacques sandals
black leather ankle boot w/high heel (?)
black ballet flats
nice black wool trousers

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#3, 45, french, piece, wardrobe