How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

18-01-2013
Power to the 99%

^ sorry about your hat!! were you able to find a replacement you really like?

19-01-2013
backstage pass

Well luckily it's a Pendleton so I bought the same exact hat. LOL.

19-01-2013
Eat me, drink me

Well, I've fallen off the wagon! 4-5 pieces was a bit unrealistic for me but I did keep on that mentality. However, 2 things have happened - I've changed my job and I've gained a loooooot of weight. My clothes fit really tight now so I don't wear a lot of my stuff. I've been focusing on creating a mini-capsule/uniform for wearing to work instead, and I've had to buy more basics and pieces. On the other hand, I focused on getting a good bag and some shoes; things I can still wear well when I manage to go back to my usual weight.
It's been a bit exhausting, but I'm hopeful I'll go back to normal soon.

19-01-2013
Power to the 99%

neimanmarcus
well, can't find a photo of the ballets i bought today ... they may be too new. it's this captoe ballet style in this cognac nubuck/snake color scheme:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg color scheme.jpg (7.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg shoe style.jpg (5.7 KB, 1 views)

20-01-2013
front row

in the last month, I've gotten a lot of 'smaller' items - some new yoga trousers, some socks, underwear, that type of things. they were/are very welcome and functional, but it means I've been shopping a lot. it doesn't feel good, somehow... maybe because I've gotten many items but not a lot of stuff that I really * love *. love is not something I look for in an item like yoga pants but still... while I know that it isn't really, it feels out of control.

I did, however, take my favorite winter coat to a tailor for a new lining. it was worth every penny! I also got some shearling-lined sneakers. they were on my 'list' for this winter, and I'm really very happy with them - they've kept my feet nice and toasty during the cold spell we've experienced lately.

20-01-2013
Power to the 99%

neimanmarcus
thanks, twistelette finally found a pic--it was hidden as an alternate color. love getting new linings, it's a great trick
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Lanvin brass brown.jpg (16.0 KB, 1 views)

20-01-2013
Rebaptising my badness

^Lovely colour and shape.

20-01-2013
Power to the 99%

lanvin
thanks, nemova

just ordered these as well ... assuming these work out, this will be the shoe splurge i was planning for spring. so, two pieces down

some years ago, there were several lanvin pieces sold with flower brooches similar to this ornament, and i kept a picture of one of those flowers on my inspiration board for years. so i knew i should get these ...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Lanvin flower ballet.jpg (22.7 KB, 4 views)

21-01-2013
trendsetter

Gorgeous shoes Ta-Ta. I can easily understand why you want those floral Lanvins. They are divine.

I feel more ready than ever to really do this and even though I have taken January and February off from my 5pfw project I haven't really been shopping much. This month I have only bought stockings and a silk slip and the only must have for february is a white wool sweater from Benneton since I am using the black one everyday atm. Maybe I should buy a coloured one as well. They are my favourite staple these days where temperatures have hit a minus 16 degree celcius in Denmark.

I want my shopping seasons to follow the actual seasons, therefore I have this two month break and my spring season will start the first of March. My shopping list is still under construction but is very short.

Also I got a sowing machine for christmas so I am planning on making a lot of stuff myself.

21-01-2013
Power to the 99%

^ thx, betinapple i think in the past few days i've looked at the complete selection available online (not counting the secondary market)

i generally take breaks too at various points throughout the year ... sometimes, like for me right now, a change or occasion necessitates shopping, no matter what's in the stores. but generally i like to follow the merchandise & shop when selection is good. right now it doesn't seem to be. i was kind of amazed how little i found to choose from ...

your silk slip sounds nice!

i do like some color in the wintertime--i find that wearing it cheers me up (and probably others too). i find polka dots cheerful too ...

21-01-2013
front row

Good luck, Aldn re: job interview!
So sorry to hear about your injury, Ta-ta. Love the Lanvin flats.

I've been good in that I've stuck to my list of 12 items for the year, but in the first month of the year, I've managed to get six of them!! (ha ha.) Well, one reason being is that I got the least expensive 6 items, and ones that I needed to replace holes in my closet. The rest of the year will be devoted to saving for the remaining items, and knowing that they'll be useful to purchase next fall as other things start to wear out.

It's a weird feeling, though, sitting there and thinking, "I don't need anything. I don't need anything. I have everything that I need." 2012 was all about clearing all of the clothes that no longer fit, or didn't work with my current job/lifestyle, and rebuilding from nearly ground zero. It was so liberating to donate the stuff that was depressing me--clothes from when I was skinnier, stuff that hadn't worn out yet but I couldn't bear wearing because I had bought it in a moment of compromise rather than love (i.e. polyester--ha!).

2013 looks like it will be adding a few items and replacing a few others, but now whenever I walk by my open closet, I smile and think how much I like reaching out and putting on every item in there. It by no means is full of designer clothing, but each item fits and looks nice, is appropriate for my lifestyle and job(s), and makes me feel good when I wear it. It also fits into a wardrobe scheme which I'm slowly developing.

21-01-2013
Power to the 99%

^ yay, good for you that sounds wonderful ... & totally agree that if something is bringing you down, it has got to go!

and thanks they say every cloud has a silver lining ... i think mine is these shoes enjoyed wearing the captoe ones i already have today. the snake has this metallic finish that is just mesmerizing to look at--or maybe it's just me

21-01-2013
trendsetter

@Ta-ta: I do not really need a break since I feel more ready than ever to really do this, but it is nice to see that I do not go crazy just because I can.

I tend to choose black, whites and greys for the winter season but somehow I have been longing for colour. If Benneton can provide me with a great coloured sweater as well I guess I'll buy it. A burgundy one would be nice. I have been wearing the black one so much that it really needs some company.

How goes with your finger? It sounds really painful but those cut Lanvin flats should be a comfort somewhat I guess

22-01-2013
front row

that sounds great, shoestringtravel. if everybody had a closet that made them feel that way, the world would be a better place

betinapple, I tend to dress in black and greys in the winter as well, with some deep midnight blues mixed in as well. but I am longing for more colour as well, with everything outside being in Neutrals... the final item I want to get for winter is a wool sweater or cardigan, and I am contemplating a dark teal one, from samsoe & samsoe. it's 50% wool and 50% acryl though, and I am not sure how well that fabric will wear. if it was 100% wool, there would be no question

22-01-2013
front row

I want to do this and I feel like I could, too. My only problem is that my wardrobe is in a severe lack of basics: last year I realised I was about to finish my Masters and, due to never having had a job, I didn't have more formal, work-appropriate attire. I'm slowly replacing my jeans for trousers, and being smarter when it comes to shopping: shirts rather than tees, colours that actually suit me, things that can be both dressed up and down, etc.
So I think soon I could do this, but I need a more solid wardrobe before I get to it. Anyone faced/facing the same problem?

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#3, 45, french, piece, wardrobe