How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

13-02-2013
tfs star

^I can't see it any longer either:/ I know what you mean about midi and leg length If I only had Kate Moss' ankles...

Trying again:

(source: promdressesdirectory)

13-02-2013
trendsetter

@Eizhowa: I think it is in my head. I have real slim legs. But I'm short and therefore I do not think it works.

Still no picture

13-02-2013
tfs star

I have no idea why it isn't working... So much work for a tiny picture * throws arms in the air * If you still can't see it - it is her black Sabrina dress. She wore flats. Source: promdressesdirectory
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hepburn_Sabrina.jpg (125.9 KB, 1 views)

13-02-2013
trendsetter

@Eizhowa: finally! So pretty. Maybe I should just try and pull it off even though I am no Audrey Maybe I should put the pumps on hold.

13-02-2013
backstage pass

Hi everyone!

Thanks for the recommendations about the denim jacket.I already bought my Feb item anyway so I have some more time for thinking... Which is awful cause I really feel like shopping... I always get the impression that it is especially hard at the beginning of the season to stay focused - when all those new options come out. I might have to try more of a "shopping in clumps" strategy but I fear that if I shop four pieces now I cannot keep myself from shopping during the rest of the season. So... waiting till March.

In my wish to reinvent my wardrobe I have bought a new "accessory" though... Red lipstick! I haven't been using red lipstick for several seasons and recently felt like trying it again. And I'm loving it right now! It is so cool how it can transform a simple sweater into something more glamourous! Love little things like that which don't cost a fortune but still make you feel different.

I love the look of ballet flats and skirts btw. My legs are definitely not my strongest assets but I still wear it sometimes. Feeling comfortable in your clothes is beautiful, too

Btw, thrilled to see some teal on the fall/winter runways...

13-02-2013
front row

^I agree with your post completely! Red lipstick is awesome, you can wear the simplest outfit with it and make it look chic and fresh. I love flats and skirts too, and I wear them all the time, even though it makes me look even chubbier. And teal is one of my favourite colours for winter!
By the way, if you're still looking for that denim jacket, I would wholeheartedly recommend this one from ASOS: http://www.asos.com/ASOS/ASOS-Denim-...lr=Vintageblue It's amazing value at a great price, really nicely made, the quality is great... It's thick and oversized, you can go down a size if you'd like it to be more fitted. They have a Petite version as well. Definitely one of my staple pieces for this spring.

Now I just have to tell you guys that I found the perfect T-shirt! I had been deciding between a Gina Tricot one and one from T by Alexander Wang, when I stumbled upon one in Zara and it's really lovely. It's slightly sheer and oversized, so I can wear it off the shoulder if I want too. The material is viscose, though, but I don't care, it feels great. And just 14,95€! I might get it in grey and white too. I'm still building a basic wardrobe and I don't have ONE t-shirt.

zara.com

13-02-2013
trendsetter

@Juliette: I love flats with skirts as well. Sometimes I just come across an outfit where heels would be better but maybe that is not for me.

Great tee! I think viscose is a very good fabric. I've heard bad things about the Gina Tricot t-shirt, so maybe it is a good thing that you stayed away from those.

13-02-2013
Power to the 99%

^^ you could try one from each brand in different colors, and see which you want to make a staple ...

13-02-2013
front row

Juliette, I love that tee and have been eyeing it too I feel like black tees can be dressed up or down so easily.

Regarding skirts with flats: I never wear midi skirts because they make me look stumpy (I'm tall but not exactly skinny), and I rarely wear heels because well, I'm already tall and our pavement is a disgrace. So I always wear flats and I find it a perfectly fine look

13-02-2013
trendsetter

@Barbaraa: I love my midiskirts! Actually I prefer those or at least something just above the knee. I'm a prude

13-02-2013
front row

Betinapple, from what I've seen, they look lovely on you The ideal lenght for me is right above the knee, anything shorter I don't feel good with either!

14-02-2013
front row

Thank yo, Betinapple! What did you hear about the Gina Tricot shirts? I was thinking about taking fashionista-ta's advice and getting one from each, but if they're really that bad, maybe I'll just get the Zara shirts, they are really lovely.

barbaraaa You should get it! It's really nicely made... Zara has another great T-shirt at the moment, but the edges are raw and I didn't like that as much. This one takes the cake!

As far as midi skirts go, I would LOVE to wear them, but I haven't found the perfect one yet. I fell in love with one at Zara last S/S, but it looked really weird on me. Since I'm so pear shaped, I think I need a highwaisted one. Will have to find one this year, I'm on the lookout.

For spring, I already have a few pieces that I love, I'm so excited! I have:
  • oversized lightwash denim jacket
  • leopard print trousers
  • perfect black tee
  • black studded leather jacket
  • 2 x white skater dress (one is lace/eyelet, and the other is a weird material I can't really describe... I need so many because I live in them at work!)
  • the perfect hot pink/neon pink lipstick

My next buys will probably be a few pastel nail polishes and I really need to get that silk/chiffon blouse, finally! I'm also on the lookout for a few more things, but I'll try my hardest not to go overboard.

14-02-2013
front row

Ohmygosh, sorry for the double post guys, but I just found the perfect striped sweater on the Zara website. I know some of you mentioned you need one too! It's great for spring, because it's part silk and part cotton. And the price is great, 39.95€

I know I'll definitely be looking for it in stores, I hope I find it.

14-02-2013
front row

Hmm, that's still not the ideal breton sweater for me I wanted something like this one from Oasis:

oasis-stores.com

More fitted, thicker stripes, I wouldn't mind the buttons although not mandatory. But the review on it said it was too thin, and the materials say "metallic fibre" (I then realised it had some gold detailing), and I wanted a long-sleeve, so I passed, but that's the look I'm aiming for.

Right now I'm on the look for a nice, basic cardigan for spring. Not too thin (I have lots of those) but not too thick either, in dark gray or black. Above all, not too expensive either, as I'm unemployed, skint, and planning on going to Prague in May. Any suggestions?

14-02-2013
trendsetter

@Barbaraaa: Thx I will rarely go for something shorter than just above the knee either. Just does not feel right even though I am both young and have pretty nice legs (to be frank). I am slightly conservative in that matter.

Unfortunately I am no help regarding the perfect breton sweater. I want one as well.

@Juliette: Some girls on a danish site said that they would go crooked at the seams after washing them a few times. Happens a lot to cheap t-shirts since the manufacturers do not take the placing of the fabric into consideration. If you can sew a full-skirted midi skirt should be very easy to make. Would love to see your skater dresses - I love white dresses for summer and bought the perfect one last year.

Me: walked trough town to day and spotted a 10$ baseball shirt. An item I have been wanting. I was good and walked away since they were not the colour I wanted and the quality was poor. Also saw a pair of black pumps which would probably be perfect if I were to buy a pair. Unfortunately they costed more than half of my budget for the season which I think is quite a lot compared to how much I will use them. I'll keep in mind that they are there and figure out if they are worth it or if I should find something cheaper or wait for the sales.

I am keeping my musthavelist in a prioritized order and right now the thing I need most seems to be a black jacket of some sort which can be used instead of a cardigan during the winter and as a jacket during the summer. It could be a leather jacket which have been on my list for quite some time but I am open to other suggestions since leather jackets often seem to edgy to me (besides from the one I already got which is light pink and with quilted details). What would you go for in my situation? It should be good with anything (not to many details) and with both my ladylike retro and more up-to-date looks. It should look good with both pants, skirts and dresses, where I prefer dresses with full skirts. Therefore it should be quite short.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#3, 45, french, piece, wardrobe