How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

24-02-2013
rising star

Here's my list!

Skirts
- Black tight skirt (too big, may go to the tailor)
- Black leather skirt (too big, this need to be tailored, it’s so beautiful. But I lost a lot of weight and now it doesn’t fit)
- Black full skirt
- Pleated skirt
- Long skirt. Have a long mustard yellow pleated one, it must be tailored

Dresses
- Bodycon dress
- Wool dress
- Floral dresses for summer and winter
- Summer dresses
- More fancy dresses
- Long summer dress

Pants
- Black mid/high rise skinny jeans
- Blue mid/high rise skinny jeans
- Colored skinny jeans (dark green or oxblood)
- Denim shorts
- Fancy shorts

Shirts and blouses
- Sheer shirts
- White silk shirt
- Black silk shirt
- Flannel shirt (great for layering in winter)
- Denim shirt

Tops
- Breton navy and cream/white ¾ top
- Basic long and short sleeved white, grey and black tops
- Silk sleeveless tops (black and white)

Knitwear
- Cable knit sweater
- Navy blue sweater (may be replaced)
- Chunky cream/beige sweater
- Black cardigan

Jackets and blazers
- Grey blazers
- Black blazer
- Faux leather jacket

Outwear
- Navy peacoat
- Black wool peacoat
- Checkered wool peacoat
- Navy blue parka with faux fur on the hood
- Faux fur leather jacket
- Trench coat

Shoes
- black leather Chelsea boots
- black suede pistol/Chelsea boots
- patent oxfords
- brown oxfords
- black velvet loafers
- white ankle boots

Bags
- evening bags (navy blue and clutch)
- black leather bag
- brown leather bag
- medium messenger bag
- small everyday bags (white and black)

Accessories
- rayban black wayfarer
- wool beanie
- faux fur hat
- fedora/boater hat
- silver necklace
- gold necklace
- maybe a ring (I’m not used to wear rings)
- scarves

24-02-2013
Power to the 99%

^ it looks like you're in pretty good shape & have a reasonable shopping list

do rings bug you? have you worn them in the past?

24-02-2013
rising star

^ yes! they bug me a lot, my fingers start to itch and I don't feel comfortable.
I never wore jewellery until last year when I bought some necklaces. Braclets and watchs are difficult to find because my wrist are soo thin everything is big and falls.

24-02-2013
trendsetter

^ I have the same issue too, so I'm constantly wearing the same Hérmes bracelet which will fall apart on me someday and I solve the problem with watches the way I get additional wholes in the leather strap made.

It never gets easier, you just go faster. (LeMond)

24-02-2013
Power to the 99%

^^ then i'd just say no to rings

with a leather band, you can have extra holes punched. you can also have links removed. a clamp bracelet style watch would be ideal--and there are bracelets like that too.

i wear rings & earrings, but no bracelets & rarely necklaces.

25-02-2013
scenester

^^^ I'm the exactly opposite. I wear two thin rings on my middle & ring finger + a thin little rhinestone on neon green string bracelet.
I seldom wear anything else on my wrists (other than a Cartier watch passed down to me, worn on special occasions) because I find it cuts my arm off.. so unfortunate.

25-02-2013
trendsetter

@Barbaraa: Great list. You are very specific! I could have put more items on my list but I wanted to go with just the basics. Things that could be a very small but yet useable wardrobe. What kind of wrap dress do you want? I love them since they really suits any kind of female body (IMO) but somehow whenever I try one on I feel like it does not fit my age. Am I crazy?

@Carolina: I do not think that your musthavelist is long at all. Good idea about taking your skirts to the tailor - much better than buying something new. What does your wardrobe look like? Can you easily see all of your clothes? Maybe that would help. I must admit though that I have been wearing the same combinations a lot this winter. Partly because I get tired and therefore lazy but also due to the fact that I do not have enough winter apropriate clothes. Not very wise for one living in a country where winter takes almost all year.

Seems like you have quite a nice wardrobe allready.

@Tata:

Sweaters: Sounds good that they will wear better but I am not sure how I like the sound of nylon. Hm. Thx for your answer though. Found a sweater at a real good price and I am considering getting it even though it almost will be out of season.

The bag: Do you know the name of the bag? Sounds cute!

@Rachelle: Welcome! I go for natural fabrics like wool (cashmere, merino, lambswool) and cotton (but blends since they last better then 100% cotton). I also love viscose. It is soft I do not get hot like when wearing polyester and it is not as fragile and difficult to wash as silk, which I used to buy a lot. I love how silk feels but it is to impractical for me I guess.

@Juliette: What do you use now that you do not own a classic everyday bag? I aggree with Ta-ta it IS a great investment. I use mine all the time. But some people do seem to get along quite well without one.

Must say it is so nice with all of the activity!

25-02-2013
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionista-ta View Post
have you tried rubbing them gently with a damp cloth? i was wondering if you could use saddle soap, and the answer is yes ... http://www.ehow.com/list_7341053_way...t-leather.html
Hmm, I might try that but I think it's more serious than that. They have some serious scratches but thank you anyway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betinapple View Post
@Barbaraa: Great list. You are very specific! I could have put more items on my list but I wanted to go with just the basics. Things that could be a very small but yet useable wardrobe. What kind of wrap dress do you want? I love them since they really suits any kind of female body (IMO) but somehow whenever I try one on I feel like it does not fit my age. Am I crazy?
I know what you mean, some wrap dresses just feel fit for an older audience... mostly when they have a pattern, I think. But yes, they're very flattering. I can't wear anything too tight because I have weird idented hips, and I find wrap dresses do work! I'm not sure what kind of dress I want, the red dress and the wrap dress I want might end up being a single dress

Edit: Oh, and I might have found my breton sweater:

mangooutlet.com

Last edited by barbaraaa; 25-02-2013 at 08:48 AM.

25-02-2013
front row

^That sweater is gorgeous!

Betinapple I have three big bags that I wear all the time, one black Birkin lookalike from Orsay, a studded black bag from Zara and a brown one from Bags & More. I also have a yellow/green smaller bag, a quilted patent black handbag, and my hot pink clutch. I get by quite well with them, but on an everyday basis (if I'm not going to work or school), I don't like carrying big bags, which is why I'd rather invest in a small one. If you have any suggestions other than the ones I had in mind, feel free to let me know!

25-02-2013
trendsetter

@Barbaraa: unfortunately I get that feeling when wearing a black wrap dress as well. Somehow it feels off. Such a shame.

Good idea combining the two dresses! Think that would be chic.

That sweater looks perfect. Actually so perfect that I had to check it out. I am a bit concerned how it will wear though, since it is mainly cotton.

25-02-2013
trendsetter

@Juliette: Sounds like you are sort of well covered. Are you happy with the bags you've already got for school and work? Do they fit your style? Are they worn and therefore needs replacing?

25-02-2013
front row

Hm, I know what you mean about the cotton. They don't hold shape as well... I usually prefer cotton sweaters to wool because, living in Portugal, winters aren't very hard and wool can be a bit too heavy/suffocating, so I wasn't considering that.

25-02-2013
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbaraaa View Post
Hm, I know what you mean about the cotton. They don't hold shape as well... I usually prefer cotton sweaters to wool because, living in Portugal, winters aren't very hard and wool can be a bit too heavy/suffocating, so I wasn't considering that.
I will probably go for cotton as well (although I am open to the possibility of buying a woolen one), but I would go for a blend (silk/cotton, cotton/viscose). I think they wear nicer.

25-02-2013
front row

Like I mentioned in the combinations thread (go post in there, people! :p), my black skirt REALLY needs replacing. I have a black skater skirt but it's very flimsy and not structured at all. Do any of you know of any nicely structured skirts in black? The length should be somewhere between mini and midi. It can have regular pleats, box pleats... Even a skater skirt would be okay, but it has to be thicker. Please help, because I've looked through numerous sites and stores and really can't find anything.

25-02-2013
front row

I think Zara had one like that... not sure about the quality or the length, however, as I didn't really care for it.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#3, 45, french, piece, wardrobe