How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

04-03-2013
backstage pass

Boots: Actually I love my riding boots. I'm really short but I never felt they made me look shorter... Quite the contrary. I feel very comfortable in them. But sometimes I don't put them on because I'm too worried they get ruined in the snow and with the salt on the streets...

Denim jacket: I went ahead and ordered the Acne denim jacket... Hope it'll be with me in a few days I'll let you know if it fits!

04-03-2013
front row

I do agree some people seem to look taller/leaner in riding boots... they just don't do the same for me. It could be because I have pretty thick calves (swimmers body) and they make them look bigger, the same way crew necks make chests look bigger because it's too much fabric covering them.

04-03-2013
trendsetter

Thx for your advice ladies. Guess I'll have to try some on and then think thorougly about it. Wont be purchasing them before fall anyway.

04-03-2013
front row

with boots, it matters so much where the boot 'hits' you on your leg, the shape of the boot, the material, the colour, what you wear them with... if you find a pair that makes you feel great, hurray! if not - there's so much footwear out there that will make you feel good, look good, and keep your feet toasty in winter!

04-03-2013
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistelette View Post
with boots, it matters so much where the boot 'hits' you on your leg, the shape of the boot, the material, the colour, what you wear them with... if you find a pair that makes you feel great, hurray! if not - there's so much footwear out there that will make you feel good, look good, and keep your feet toasty in winter!
You are perfectly right. There are exceptions to everything. I would have never thought that ancle boots would make my legs look great but the pistol boots has a longer shaft and therefore elongates the legs instead of making them look shorter.

04-03-2013
front row

red and navy: I'm kind of excited for you to receive the Acne jacket! it's just so cool here's hoping it'll be just as great on you as it is on its own!

04-03-2013
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistelette View Post
red and navy: I'm kind of excited for you to receive the Acne jacket! it's just so cool here's hoping it'll be just as great on you as it is on its own!
Awwww... Thank you!!! I like that they had small sizes, I ordered a FR34 and hope it will suit me. I'm so excited to receive it. It's always cool when you finally get something you have been thinking about for a long time.

04-03-2013
Power to the 99%

betina, what if you wear a long skirt with the boots?

twistelette, i was reminded of your post when shopping yesterday ... i mentioned in the shopping thread that the miu miu sandals i'd wanted were extremely uncomfortable just to stand in, which makes them an automatic no for me.

but the (female) sa was explaining how she thought my feet could be broken in to tolerate the shoes

now unlike thoreau i'm not automatically suspicious of any occasion requiring new clothes, but a pair of shoes i'm paying for that requires my body to be broken in? you are not speaking my language.

when she brought out some spiked shoes & i said i didn't care for spikes she informed me they are very popular. thanks for the newsflash, i had no idea

04-03-2013
rising star

So as I posted on the shopping list thread yesterday I bought that watercolor tee and today the PERFECT pair of high rise very dark blue jeans, They are sooo flattering, I'm super happy!
My next objective is the beige sweater I've told you

04-03-2013
Power to the 99%

^ yay!! feel free to post in the shopping challenge thread btw ...

05-03-2013
trendsetter

@Ta-ta: That SA sounds horrible! I work at a (mens) store myself and I always mention that you should not buy anything you do not feel comfortable in.

I do not think I would wear the boots with midiskirts. That would truly make me feel short! I would wear them with skirts that goes above the knee, or jeans.

I've actually found a nice pair and am willing to give it a go. But I will have to try some on first.

05-03-2013
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionista-ta View Post
now unlike thoreau i'm not automatically suspicious of any occasion requiring new clothes, but a pair of shoes i'm paying for that requires my body to be broken in? you are not speaking my language.

when she brought out some spiked shoes & i said i didn't care for spikes she informed me they are very popular. thanks for the newsflash, i had no idea
hahaha, oh my... where do people get the idea that this is a good strategy to get people to buy stuff? even costumers who are super sensitive to being trendy don't like to be bullied into it, I would think... I wonder if it's their own ideas, or (more likely I think) if they're being told to sell as aggressively as possible...
I was in Amsterdam last week, and treated myself to some summer coat hunting. I found a really nice one at Filippa K, a sort of pared down trench coat, very cool. (here's a picture of it, from a Dutch online store) I didn't want it to be an impulse buy, so I left it. next week I'll be in Amsterdam again, and I'll decide then. I also tried on some other stuff in other stures (even though I said I wouldn't browse... I'm bad I didn't buy anything, though) and really, every single piece I put on, in whatever store I was in, the SA's said it looked fabulous on me. and I had to point out to them that those trousers really were the wrong size... it was kind of funny, really. but I've never had that experience in my hometown, in Utrecht.

05-03-2013
Automated Thread Manager

This thread is now closed it has a continuation thread Here

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#3, 45, french, piece, wardrobe