How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

17-01-2012
trendsetter

@ATM: thx : it's so great when everything sorts itself out. I've ordered the dress now in size 1. Hope it fits. Ordered it from johnlewis.com

Do any of you have any experience with purchasing stuff from their webshop?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedandNavy View Post
My shoes:

I ordered a pair of cherry sandals... I don't know, I have a soft spot for cherries. I just love cherries. I always fall in love with shirts and tees with cherries on them but I don't buy them cause they feel too childish... :p But I have a lovely silk scarf with cherries. And these shoes... Well, a risky choice. But since I'd never wear a pair of open sandals to work anyway, they are cool for casual outfits. Or what do you guys think, too much cuteness??

They haven't been shipped yet so we will see how I like them when they arrive. Maybe I should have gone for a classic style but hey, sometimes you have to be a bit risky I guess it's the good mix of classics with fun pieces that makes the look So: My January purchase: cherry sandals!
I love them! I aggree with you that cherrys on clothing can make you end up with a look that is a little too youthful, but I bet they will go great with your classic style, which also assures that you do not have to worry about them matching your clothes. Great purchase!

I do have kind of the same problem with some motives though. I love hearts and bows as a motive but sometimes it just gets too girly for me. I like pretty young already for my 20 years of age (and 80 on the inside ) and I do not want to add to this image by wearing to young clothing.

17-01-2012
V.I.P.

RedandNavy, remember you must list a source for every image you post at TFS. please list a source or your posts will be deleted.

i like the sandals. what brand are they?

17-01-2012
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucy92 View Post
RedandNavy, remember you must list a source for every image you post at TFS. please list a source or your posts will be deleted.

i like the sandals. what brand are they?
Oh NOOO! I forgot again! I usually think of it, sorry, but I was in a hurry...

Picture credit for the sandals: net-a-porter.com

They are miu miu.

17-01-2012
backstage pass

Betinapple: Thank you! My husband was a bit sceptical about them but I decided not to listen to him this time I have a lot of rather neutral summer clothes and I think they will work very well with them. I just have to pay attention on the mix I guess. Because I loooove them!

17-01-2012
windowshopping

RedandNavy: Oh my goodness, they are beautiful. And, they'll go with everything! Maybe not magenta. But most things!

It's been forever, but I wanted to update the thread on my progress. I haven't been super faithful to my a/w wardrobe plan (made up way back in August, I think), but I've stayed true to the spirit of the thing, I hope!

Over the past few months, I've stuck to a silhouette of full skirts and streamlined tops, both in separates and dresses. These are two of my favorite outfits. In both, my sister has cut off my shoes, but they're simple red suede heels (the same color as the tights).

I love reading this thread and seeing how others are doing!

Last edited by unminuit; 17-01-2012 at 11:17 AM.

17-01-2012
V.I.P.

unminuit, i LOVE the black dress with the lace detailing. it looks like it fits you perfectly.

17-01-2012
What fresh hell is this.?

redandnavy, I really do like those. And I'm a bit the same as you i, I do like some cutesy items, but I just end up not wearing them. But I do think these will work great with more classic/simple outfits

I actually went a bit crazy this January. But for once I had good sales karma so I guess it was stupid not to take advantage of it. And I do believe that all of the pieces has the potential to becomes classics.

I've just received these navy wool knee length shorts from COS, that I think I will be living in during spring and summer (especially on the colder days) and because of the color and the material I think they will work well worn over tights too. (Though, I have yet to try that).

And I've bought this leather utility dress with no sleeves that can be worn as a top or vest too. I'd been eyeing it for about a year, but hadn't bought it since it was too expensive. Luckily I found it in my size for 50 % off.

I also bought these nude moccasins from Surface to air, unfortunately they are about a size to big, I'll have to get a sole and see if that helps, if not they have to go back. Unless somebody has any other tips on how to solve that problem?

[cosstores.com & fashion156.com]

[asos.com]

Last edited by Tinetush; 17-01-2012 at 12:56 PM.

17-01-2012
backstage pass

Thanks everyone for the encouraging words about my cherry shoes! I hope I will like them when they arrive!

Tinetush, I really like your purchases, expecially the moccasins. Those can be so comfy and yet classic looking! I have a pair of loafers that are my favorite pair of shoes... Shorts are a classic, too!

17-01-2012
Power to the 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedandNavy View Post
My shoes:

I ordered a pair of cherry sandals... I don't know, I have a soft spot for cherries. I just love cherries. I always fall in love with shirts and tees with cherries on them but I don't buy them cause they feel too childish... :p But I have a lovely silk scarf with cherries. And these shoes... Well, a risky choice. But since I'd never wear a pair of open sandals to work anyway, they are cool for casual outfits. Or what do you guys think, too much cuteness??

They haven't been shipped yet so we will see how I like them when they arrive. Maybe I should have gone for a classic style but hey, sometimes you have to be a bit risky I guess it's the good mix of classics with fun pieces that makes the look So: My January purchase: cherry sandals!
Congratulations I think whenever you really love something is totally the time to go for it!! I bet these will make you smile every time you put them on (priceless)!

I have a dog named Cherry ... and also a green apple pendant watch. Fruit motifs are fun :p

17-01-2012
Power to the 99%

O magazine
I was just reading this interview with Steven Tyler and it reminded me of your shoes

Oprah: So you were worried about replacing Simon--or not worried?

Steven: America is a crazy place, Oprah. I thought maybe they might like someone who went, 'You suck, get outta here.' They might be used to that particular character on the show. But then I thought, You know, there's something about me that's enamoring. I thought I'd take a chance with compassion and love ...

Oprah: And playfulness.

Steven: And maybe fun--you know, not too stupid--could be the new black.

18-01-2012
rising star

They aren't to my taste, but it's hard to tell with that picture. Once you get them, post a picture of them on with an outfit. They might be pretty cool on. I'm not sure.

19-01-2012
front row

unminuit, cute outfits! Cheers on finding a silhouette that works for you and sticking to it.

20-01-2012
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belowen View Post
Marc by Marc Jacobs Petal To The Metal Natasha Bag in Black
Black Cashmere V-Neck or Scoop Neck Sweater
Black Ballet Flats
Black Wedge Boots (or round toe wedge heels)
Joie Louvre Silk Blouse in Navy
a black or red pea coat
& another pair of dark denim skinny jeans
I decided to puchase the jeans first because I will get some wear out of them before A/W arrives anyway, plus Forever 21 have a habit of selling out of things that I want really quickly. I re-purchased 2 pairs of the same kind of jeans that I already own from Forever 21, because they fit perfectly and wear well. And at $10.50 per pair I just couldn't resist...

forever21.com
Attached Images
File Type: png Image3.png (71.1 KB, 0 views)

21-01-2012
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belowen View Post
I decided to puchase the jeans first because I will get some wear out of them before A/W arrives anyway, plus Forever 21 have a habit of selling out of things that I want really quickly. I re-purchased 2 pairs of the same kind of jeans that I already own from Forever 21, because they fit perfectly and wear well. And at $10.50 per pair I just couldn't resist...

forever21.com
Great purchase! The great thing about jeans is that even though you buy a cheap pair they will last a looong time. That is my experience, at least.

---

I'm so excited about recieving my dress, hope it'll arrive soon.

Wen't windowshopping yesterday because I had to go try on some shoes. Biiig mistake. Found a really perfect silk shirt marked down to half price. Just don't think I should be buying anymore ATM, since I've already bought an item this month (+ some new underwear, that I needed, and a dress on a gift certificate I had). It would be stupid to let a good quality shirt that would work well in my wardrobe get away, but I do not want to use all my item slots right away. And as always I'm afraid that it's an temporary infatuation even though it is a great classic piece. I hate that I just can't make a decission without having to consider it for ages

21-01-2012
backstage pass

Hey everyone!

My cherry sandals arrived here :p

They are definitely a risky choice, I don't think I own another pair of shoes so playful. I've tried them on with different outfits and while I admit they don't work with all of them, they look great with simple, "serious" outfits. When paired with classy trousers or jeans and a button-down they actually loose some of their cuteness and become more elegant than cute. I love how they look with such simple stuff but I'm also aware they shouldn't be paired with any other "girly", sexy or young looking stuff.

I'll most definitely keep them and try to have much fun with them! I think it's worth taking the risk and play! And if I don't wear them enough, they would also make a nice decoration on my bedroom wall :p So, yep, my january purchase is a pair of cherry sandals.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#3, 45, french, piece, wardrobe