How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

05-03-2013
front row

Thank you for the warm welcome everybody

I created a pinterest, I just need to fill it now... My understanding is that I have to create boards for all the items I own (per season), then create another one for items I am looking for. Is that correct?

I did a purge in my wardrobe 2 years ago and have slowly starting replacing items. I don't have much but it still feels like it will take ages to create my boards..

05-03-2013
Power to the 99%

^ well, there are no rules i have 4 boards--personal style, spring--inspiration/wishlist, my closet & recommendations for others. different people have it structured a little differently--whatever works for you. my closet one is by no means complete, it's just the pix i have. some people use similar pix to what they have.

take it at whatever pace feels right--it is & is meant to be fun

05-03-2013
Power to the 99%

^ i think pretty much all of them have some elastic?? mine do & it's what i wanted so they'd work with tights. before, the leather would stretch & then i could only wear them with bare feet & even so some will fall off if given a chance. this was with other brands ...

the cap toe cost a bit more ... i have one with cap & one without, but they are structured the same--if you look at the pix of mine you can see. these ones really hug your toes, mine have a bit more breathing room. it's a matter of taste, but i like the space. trying them on in person, if you haven't already, you'll see what i mean--just thought i would mention.

ps eva, i realized your images aren't credited ... you just need to say where they're from

betina, what's the budget for your shirt?

^ and can it be crepe de chine?

i see lagarconne has a very simple t by alexander wang one, but it does have very simple patch pockets that are nearly invisible. there doesn't seem to be much chiffon around right now ... is this something you could make yourself?

Last edited by lucy92; 06-03-2013 at 09:29 AM. Reason: merging adjacent posts

06-03-2013
front row

red and navy: quite a group indeed! have fun, sounds like a great week. I'm glad the Acne jacket is such a success!

06-03-2013
trendsetter

@Ta-ta: I would prefer something around 175$ and preferably cheaper, but for the perfect shirt I will go higher. Do you have any pictures of the AW one - or a link?

I have no idea of what crepe de chine is but it looks good! What is it made of? It does not neccesarily have to be chiffon, just light and flowy like the one in the picture I posted.

I love sowing but I do not think I am ready to do chiffon yet - it is a fabric that is very "alive" and therefore very difficult to sow.

@EvaH: that makes sense how long did your bloch flats last? Hope mine will last for quite some time.

------------------

I find a pair of boots I really like and in a pricerange that suits my budget, at a website which offers free delivery and free returns. I am just not sure if I would want to purchase them now.

Last edited by Betinapple; 06-03-2013 at 01:42 AM.

06-03-2013
tfs star

Betinapple: Your blochs might still last a while. Besides the obvious, like weater conditions, the longevity of ballet flats are often dependent on factors such as how you walk and how your feet are. I have weak ankles, and walk very "heel first". This causes great stress on the insides of my shoes and on the heels. The soles wear away quickly and the leather gets damaged, and then I have to get new ones. My flats never last longer than a season I need to learn how to walk properly!

I think lanvin flats look absolutely divine, but I could never justify buying them because of my feet Once the leather gets damaged on my shoes they are trash.

06-03-2013
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eizhowa View Post
Betinapple: Your blochs might still last a while. Besides the obvious, like weater conditions, the longevity of ballet flats are often dependent on factors such as how you walk and how your feet are. I have weak ankles, and walk very "heel first". This causes great stress on the insides of my shoes and on the heels. The soles wear away quickly and the leather gets damaged, and then I have to get new ones. My flats never last longer than a season I need to learn how to walk properly!

I think lanvin flats look absolutely divine, but I could never justify buying them because of my feet Once the leather gets damaged on my shoes they are trash.
This makes sense Also taking care of your shoes (having the heel cap and soles changed in proper time) does a lot I think. My flats tend to last at least a couple of season. I walk oddly as well. When I get the heel cap on my pistols changed it is worn down at the other sides but on the inside it is almost as new.

06-03-2013
Power to the 99%

Quote:

you can get all of that replaced tho. i make sure to watch my heel caps & replace them prior to their being gone. Soles can be replaced--usually i just need the tip though. with maintenance shoes can almost last indefinitely. i always buy mine with an eye to maintenance ...

betina, here's the link: http://www.lagarconne.com/store/item...id=623&pid=622

if crepe de chine is ok, should be lots more options.

06-03-2013
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionista-ta View Post
you can get all of that replaced tho. i make sure to watch my heel caps & replace them prior to their being gone. Soles can be replaced--usually i just need the tip though. with maintenance shoes can almost last indefinitely. i always buy mine with an eye to maintenance ...

betina, here's the link: http://www.lagarconne.com/store/item...id=623&pid=622

if crepe de chine is ok, should be lots more options.
The shirt is so nice but I am not really into the pockets. I like the look of crepe de chine. What is it made of?

06-03-2013
front row

Quote:
ps eva, i realized your images aren't credited ... you just need to say where they're from
Oops just received a warning :/ Those pictures are from net a porter

Bettineaple: my flats lasted for almost 5 years. Hope to make a 10 with those lanvin. I wore them twice, sometimes 3 times a week in fall/summer/early autumn. And just like ta-ta I make sure to be very aware of my shoes and repair tem as often as they need to.

Last edited by EvaH; 06-03-2013 at 09:29 AM.

06-03-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvaH View Post
Thank you. I have heard very good things about Lanvin and even found some pairs I would love to own.
yes, you need to credit all the images you post here at TFS. it is part of our Community Rules. if not your posts will be deleted.

you might also consider delman flats. their shoes are similar to lanvin's at a lower price point.

06-03-2013
trendsetter

Quote:

Bettineaple: my flats lasted for almost 5 years. Hope to make a 10 with those lanvin. I wore them twice, sometimes 3 times a week in fall/summer/early autumn. And just like ta-ta I make sure to be very aware of my shoes and repair tem as often as they need to.
Oh. 5 years will be fine for me, I guess

06-03-2013
tfs star

Quote:

My reaction: Why can't I make mine last that long? I did get a pair of shoes I LOVED resoled twice, but the sole fell of within a week. Twice Does it make a difference that I wore ballet flats 5/week for 8 months straight? I used to hate all shoes except ballerinas

Betinaapple/EvaH: Do you know if Blochs' runs small/large? I fell in love with a pair of Bloch from their online store And I haven't found a march item yet I think these are great, because the heel isn't too large for day time. I might have a harder time trying to wear down that heel compared to the ones on my ballet flats

I am torn between ordering a 37 and a 37,5. I am usually a 37, but according to their chart that would make me a UK5 which I am NOT.

Pintrest/Blochshop

Last edited by eizhowa; 06-03-2013 at 10:03 AM.

06-03-2013
trendsetter

Quote:
My reaction: Why can't I make mine last that long? I did get a pair of shoes I LOVED resoled twice, but the sole fell of within a week. Twice Does it make a difference that I wore ballet flats 5/week for 8 months straight? I used to hate all shoes except ballerinas

Betinaapple/EvaH: Do you know if Blochs' runs small/large? I fell in love with a pair of Bloch from their online store And I haven't found a march item yet I think these are great, because the heel isn't too large for day time. I might have a harder time trying to wear down that heel compared to the ones on my ballet flats

I am torn between ordering a 37 and a 37,5. I am usually a 37, but according to their chart that would make me a UK5 which I am NOT.

please do not quote images

Pintrest/Blochshop
Mine are a 36, which I usually wear. They are a bit tight but since it is leather I prefer them that way.

Last edited by lucy92; 06-03-2013 at 11:19 AM. Reason: do not quote images

06-03-2013
tfs star

Quote:
I will aim to get better at checking my soles and having them resoled. Found out we have a new cobbler in town. Hopefully he will make the sole stay on

Betinapple: Thanks! I'll probably go for 37. Better to get a half a size to small than to big when it comes to leather anyway:p

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#4, 45, french, piece, wardrobe