How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

20-03-2013
Power to the 99%

nordstrom
just stopped by to say that the dolce pants fit perfectly! couldn't ask really for a better fit, and they're extremely well made. could wear them as is, but having the hem taken up very slightly (these are meant to be cropped pants mind you ) so that they are exactly at the ankle. i was impressed that they have a deep hem so they could be let out as well. also got this red top (I don't have one) ... the neckline is pretty. it's kind of a trapezoid i guess, not square. plan to layer it ... assume it will work with one or more of the cardigans i own. these are pieces 4 and 5 for spring ...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg nordstrom red top.jpg (47.0 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by fashionista-ta; 20-03-2013 at 12:39 AM.

20-03-2013
front row

^ that's a great neckline. and yay for the pants!

20-03-2013
backstage pass

Ta-ta: CONGRATULATIONS! I'm so happy the pants are just as great as you thought! How cool! Polka dot pants sound like lots of fun!

Argh, farfetch has 24 hours of free shipping. The two items that are currently on top of my list are from farfetch. But I guess I still wait. I really want to stick to my one item per month rule for the time being.

Those Hunter boots are HOT!

20-03-2013
rising star

Hi all. I've been following this thread for a week or so now, and I think now is the time I join

For the past 7-8 years I haven't been that much into clothes, only wearing basic black, but still liked to accesorize.

With all of this also comes the desire after clothes. But I am not the kind of person to go out and buy a whole bunch of clothes. I am kind of minimalistic both in my taste and in how much clothes I want.

I think I will aim for 1 piece a month. [edited: weight talk is prohibited]

I've made a list over what I've bought this year so far (not counting accesorize):

Basics (which I don't count)
- Dark slim jeans, see pic below (I had no jeans prior to theese)
- Medium blue slim jeans (se above)
- Black jersey blazer (my first blazer)
- Black bolero (was missing one in my wardrobe)

The pieces I do count:
- Black short draped dress
- Black/white sweater-cardigan with silver threads, see pic below
- Black wool and lace top, see pic below

That makes it one piece a month until now, and I'm satisfied.

I am also on Pinterest (tge1985), and I've tried to follow those of you I could find

My body is a plus-size hourglass, with pale skin, medium brown hair and green eyes.

The colors I have in my wardrobe are: black (a lot of it) and grey, but I also have accents of blue, red, white and beige.

I mostly wear dresses and skirts, but am trying out jeans to switch it up.

pic credits: The picture of the top is from miinto.no (the top is By Malene Birger), the jeans are from ASOS.com (their own brand), and the cardi is from lindex.com (their own brand)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Asos Jeans 4.jpg (21.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Blundia1.jpg (5.2 KB, 52 views)
File Type: jpg Lindex Cardigan.jpg (31.1 KB, 53 views)

Last edited by tangerine; 20-03-2013 at 01:42 PM. Reason: weight talk, added credits

20-03-2013
front row

I'm happy for the pants, fashionista-ta. They're very "you" Great top too, I need more red tops in my wardrobe...

And welcome, LaquerLover

As for me: I'm looking for a leather bag on eBay. None of my dream bags, but something that will make do. Nothing interesting came up so far, but I'll keep looking.

20-03-2013
front row

welcome, laquerlover!

20-03-2013
front row

Oh girls, I'm sorry I haven't been posting much in the last couple of days... I see there's a lot to catch up on and that's super exciting. I just got some really bad news. The store where I work is closing, so 7 of us girls will lose our jobs... I'm so sad, I can't even explain it properly. This was literally the best job, with the best coworkers, I loved it so much and I'll miss it dearly. And not only that, but I'll have no income from now on, since my other job is more of an experience thing. Now I want to find something new, but it's so hard in this economy... I just feel so terrible, I really don't want to complain but I find it so hard looking at beautiful things that I won't be able to afford any longer...

20-03-2013
front row

I'm so sorry, juliette. don't feel like you're 'complaining', losing your job is truly afwul, especially one you liked so much. I hope you'll find something else soon!

20-03-2013
trendsetter

@Tata: so great to hear about the pants. If they were to be in the wardrobe of anyone it would be you!

@Laquerlover: Welcome sweetie. So nice to see you here It will be great fun having you in the thread. I would really like to see that draped dress. Sounds like something I could use.

@Juliette: I am so sorry. I can completely understand how you feel. I hope you will find another great job soon. I can easily understand why you do not want to contribute a lot these days, but I find this thread really helpful even when I do not have a dime to spend, since it is not about spending per se.

Me: I am having a small crisis. We just recieved all of the furniture we have ordered. Our livingroom looks absolutely stunning (or, it will once we get rid of all of the packaging) but I am not sure about what to do about the bedroom. My boyfriend has his own firm and therefore needs a home office an therefore we have gotten him a bigger desk. I am not sure if I just plainly do not like how the room looks ATM or if I just have to get used to it.

However, to get to the TFS relevant crisis. Although the wardrobe part of the room looks really nice and will be perfect once I get af shelf for my shoes, somehow my clothing racks has begun looking really messy to me although they are more tidy than ever. I have nothing on them that I do not absolutely love but I have just gotten to a point where I feel like removing all of the things that I do not wear frequently. I just would not know where to start, since I really belive I love them all.

I could start by just removing what feels right to remove and then taking it to the attic for starters untill I figure out what to do. Right now I just feel lost. Advice needed.

Last edited by Betinapple; 20-03-2013 at 04:24 PM.

20-03-2013
front row

I'm very sorry, Juliette. I can relate because, although I got the translations, they're not an actual job, an actual income (150-200€/month), and both my father and I are unemployed - and both without much hope of getting a job anytime soon.
I still enjoy coming to this thread though, because it helps gain some perspective, see what others are into, and help others/get some help, too.

20-03-2013
trendsetter

I see how my "crisis" seems silly compared to your issues Juliette.

I hope you all understood the true meaning of my post and I did not sound super self-absorbed. I did not mean to

Last edited by Betinapple; 20-03-2013 at 04:53 PM.

20-03-2013
fashion insider

There are so many people in here now I don't know where to start.

Betinapple: I think you are in the clear, don't worry Are you sure it is not just the weather that is getting you down? I heard you had some not-so-spring-like weather lately. Whenever the weather is bad where I live I just want to lie in my bed and not even look at my clothes/get dressed/plan.

Juliette: How terrible! That is such bad luck for you. Finding a people you genuinely enjoy working with is such a precious thing. I hope you get back on your feet soon

Barbaraa: Have you tried Etsy? I don't know how much you are willing to spend on a bag "that will do", but they have some really lovely handmade ones in leather You can get some really nice ones for around 100 USD. It is cheap because you aren't paying premium for a name. I got my handbag from Etsy and I love it, but I didn't mind spending a couple hundred dollars more as I consider it my "dream bag". I guess that could be a factor if you are saving up for another "dream" bag.

MissTrine85: Welcome! I think a minimalist could do very well in this thread. Restraint is key

Me: My white blazer died It wasn't very expensive, but I did have it tailored by my seamstress to fit me just as I wanted it to. I wore it all summer with everything. Now I have to replace it. I don't really mind, because I don't care if I buy more than just one item a month like some of you. I just want to not want to buy everything I see!

Recognizing Quality: I am not sure if I read it in this thread or somewhere else, but there is always somebody who is asking "how do I recognize good quality in clothes etc." I just really wanted to bring this up because I sometimes notice very good examples of bad quality at my university. My fellow students are generally very well put together, but you can tell that some of them wear a lot of cheap new clothes instead of quality clothes to achieve their look. When you look at the shirt stitching, it almost looks like ruching And leather jackets should not make plastic sounds when you slip them on and off

What can I say, when you sit in a classroom for hours you will eventually begin investigation what people are wearing

Oh, and I think I have a sixth sense. I can sense the presence of polyester

Last edited by eizhowa; 20-03-2013 at 05:57 PM.

20-03-2013
rising star

Thanks for the welcome all of you

Betina: Well, I am sure the dress is your style. Cos you already got it

Me: Tonight I've been busy with my Pinterest. I really like it, as it gives a great overview of what I have.

- Coco Chanel

20-03-2013
rising star

Juliette: I know how you feel, I lost my (very loved!) job in November because of massive cut-downs. Now, almost four months later, I'm still trying to get a job, but it's not easy.

- Coco Chanel

20-03-2013
Power to the 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by eizhowa View Post
Oh, and I think I have a sixth sense. I can sense the presence of polyester
I think that is what we call a curse

welcome, MissT

barbaraa, agree that vintage/thrifting may be the way to go for a bag. I think patience always pays off ... I do like etsy ... I have just bought more household things there, but i like how it's not as huge as ebay & seems to be less of a mess. maybe also you can find something in your area (in person)?

betina, is there anywhere else the desk can go? maybe you can just accept the wardrobe the way it is on pinterest it looks very nice. how do you have it sorted?

eizhowa, sorry about your blazer--what happened?? are you having a funeral?

and thanks for the nice words about my new pieces

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#4, 45, french, piece, wardrobe