How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

29-01-2013
front row

^Yes, that is a great suggestion! I have been wanting to order from Gina Tricot for ages and I really like the Wilma shirt:

ginatricot.com

Will have to wait to see if they get the one you mentioned back in stock, but this one is a great alternative. I love the fit and it says on the site that it's very soft

I'm joining you on the lookout for a men's watch.Since silver will be my accent colour, I would love to get one. I love this boyfriend style from ASOS (actually own it gold already, which is the only reason I'm hesitant about getting another):

asos.com

I'm also with you on the breton sweater... SO hard to find the perfect one!

Super excited to get my paycheck on Thursday - won't be able to spend too much, since I have to save up for a present (my BF's birthday is in February), but I think I'll get a few things from my list.

29-01-2013
Power to the 99%

bassshoes
juliette, i have that wang T in black & quite like it. on the white shirt, i'd hold out for what you want. here's another shoe option ... bass wear like iron.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bass silver.jpg (12.1 KB, 1 views)

01-02-2013
front row

^Ah, you're lucky to have that shirt Yes, I think you're right about the sheer shirt - I really should wait for one with pockets. And these shoes you posted are lovely...

01-02-2013
trendsetter

I have a lot of basic t-shirts from H&M and they all last me for years. I would never pay that much for Wang or any designer's ones.

It never gets easier, you just go faster. (LeMond)

01-02-2013
front row

^I don't want to either, but I've been looking for the perfect T-shirt for almost a year now and that's one of the only ones I like. I want a really soft one, light, maybe even semi-sheer. LOVE the one you posted in the Shopaholics thread, by the way.

01-02-2013
Power to the 99%

it's def semi-sheer, btw--i was a little surprised when i got it home. i think what you're paying for is the cut (fabric is good too). i find the cut very flattering, & the neckline & pocket are pretty great too.

i wouldn't--or haven't--paid that much for a white T, but black can last several times longer. if you can try this on in person, that would be good ... i seem to recall some variation. tried it on in purple and lt grey (lighter than your pic i think)--black was the real winner.

Last edited by fashionista-ta; 01-02-2013 at 05:11 PM.

10-02-2013
Power to the 99%

i know several people have been looking for a breton sweater ... this month's wishlist in bazaar mentions the cashmere kule by nikki kule for $265.

10-02-2013
Rebaptising my badness

RE: Alexander Wang t-shirts. I have a few (one dark grey, almost black, one light grey, one purple and one indigo blue) and I love them. Everything about them is great - the cut, the fabric, the colour, the fit - and, if you take care of them properly, they will last.

The ones with the breast pocket fit the best IMO, and their fabric is not as sheer as the others. If your wardrobe relies heavily on t-shirts, like mine, these are a worthwhile investment.

Last edited by Nemova; 10-02-2013 at 10:41 AM.

11-02-2013
Power to the 99%

just thought i'd mention that i found & bumped the most reasonably priced designer thread (also includes labels, not just designers), in case you want to participate ...

http://forums.thefashionspot.com/f60...r-43777-6.html

12-02-2013
front row

^Thank you fashionista-ta, I'm going to read that thread now!

I mentioned in another thread that I would like to wear my floral Docs with an A-line black dress. I think I might've just found the one! It's from COS, and is pleated in the back... I love it, but the material is poliester, so I'm not sure if I should get it. But it's seriously perfect otherwise!

cosstores.com

15-02-2013
Power to the 99%

I hate to recommend an ashton kutcher project but just read about his new t-shirt line ... the magazine says the fit is great. pickwickweller.com

if your morals preclude considering these, i completely understand

18-02-2013
girl who fell to earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliette View Post
^Thank you fashionista-ta, I'm going to read that thread now!

I mentioned in another thread that I would like to wear my floral Docs with an A-line black dress. I think I might've just found the one! It's from COS, and is pleated in the back... I love it, but the material is poliester, so I'm not sure if I should get it. But it's seriously perfect otherwise!

cosstores.com
juliette this dress looks so great

lots of designers are using poly-blends these days so it might be ok imo

19-02-2013
front row

^Thank you! I think I'm going to get it, but I'll think about it a while longer. I'm so excited, my first order from COS!

I also took fashionista-ta's advice and put together a list of things I want to buy this year. This is only for accessories, mind you. Here it is:
  • Acne Pistol boots in black
  • Chanel perfume (either Chance, Coco Noir or Coco Mademoiselle, I honestly love them all, but I'm leaning towards Chance as it would be perfect for spring)
  • Michael Kors watch (deciding between silver and rose gold, but will probably go for silver)
  • Alexander McQueen Skull Scarf (in white with black skulls)
  • Ray Ban sunglasses
  • Some stylish eyeglasses (I have a huge prescription and I would like to wear my glasses outside too, the ones I have are really beaten up after six years of daily use)

All this would cost around 1200Ä and I hope to get at least half of the things from my list, that would make me really happy, because I've wanted all of these for years.

I would love to hear any opinions and suggestions about these things, especially the Pistol boots. Does anyone have them? How is the wear, are they worth it? I think they would be the perfect everyday boots for me.

19-02-2013
backstage pass

I have been wearing Acne pistol boots just today!! :p I have a pair in mustard yellow and I love it! They are great since they are so comfortable, still have quite a heel and they look great with many things. Black might be even better with dark tights so this is definitely a great investment piece. The leather is beautiful, too! The only recommendation I have is to go down a half size if you normally take a half size. I think they only come in full sizes. I usually wear an Italian 36.5 and ordered a 37 - next time I'd take a 36.

They are definitely the best shoes for days like today when it's cold and you still have some snow lying around but you want to wear a heel. They are also great for spring and fall. Betinapple owns a pair of black Acne Pistols - so you might want to ask her opinion.

19-02-2013
Power to the 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliette View Post
^Thank you! I think I'm going to get it, but I'll think about it a while longer. I'm so excited, my first order from COS!

I also took fashionista-ta's advice and put together a list of things I want to buy this year. This is only for accessories, mind you. Here it is:
  • Acne Pistol boots in black
  • Chanel perfume (either Chance, Coco Noir or Coco Mademoiselle, I honestly love them all, but I'm leaning towards Chance as it would be perfect for spring)
  • Michael Kors watch (deciding between silver and rose gold, but will probably go for silver)
  • Alexander McQueen Skull Scarf (in white with black skulls)
  • Ray Ban sunglasses
  • Some stylish eyeglasses (I have a huge prescription and I would like to wear my glasses outside too, the ones I have are really beaten up after six years of daily use)
All this would cost around 1200€ and I hope to get at least half of the things from my list, that would make me really happy, because I've wanted all of these for years.

I would love to hear any opinions and suggestions about these things, especially the Pistol boots. Does anyone have them? How is the wear, are they worth it? I think they would be the perfect everyday boots for me.
i know betinapple is also a big fan of her pistols

i think it's a good sign that you've wanted all these things for years ... that should mean they are 'you' & you'll love them for a long time to come.

i don't know alot about kors watches, but i'm sure the info is out there. if you like rose gold, you might also look at michele (i have one that's stainless steel). lots of fans of the skull scarves here.

as far as glasses, here anyway you're far better off buying the frames from the place that will make the lenses, so i'd do a thorough job shopping before buying them separately. i only had one pr of prescription sunnies & i think they were stolen. anyway, shortly after getting them they were gone. i was so disgusted i never replaced them no doubt you will not abandon yours with teenage boys around.

anyway, like your list ... & i think perfume is a good buy as it's such a mood lifter & is definitely part of personal style even though it can't be seen.

Last edited by fashionista-ta; 19-02-2013 at 06:32 PM.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#4, 45, french, piece, wardrobe