How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

25-03-2013
Power to the 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvaH View Post
So much to catch up

Warm welcome to Laquerlover and YoninahAliza, blackcoffee and MissTrine

Ta-ta, great to hear that your pants fit perfectly. Your top is gorgeous, love the colour and those kind of necklines

barbara: your pinterest was worth the wait I really like it And I definitely agree about this thread giving perspective and the help we provide each other. It really is a great thread to join As for the bag, I would recommend etsy as well. I delayed buying my Fendi bag to spend a bit more time building a "solid" wardrobe and replenishing my basics. I will start looking over there for a plain black leather shopper or tote.

Juliette: sending you warm hugs. I am sorry for your job Really hope you will be able to find something that you love as much very soon
As for looking at things you can't buy, I am in the same boat. It's actually very interesting for me because I realise that things I really did love a couple of days/weeks ago are not really that appealing anymore..
This is a great point. Occasionally I find myself liking something that maybe is my old personal style, but not my current one. Or maybe it has some good features, but not my favorite neckline. There can be a real benefit to thinking something over for a little while ...

When I'm physically shopping, if a few hours pass & I can't even remember what the item was that I was considering, I realize forgetting about it was totally right

Yoninah, I think we generally don't count gifts or accessories like scarves, unless it's a major scarf purchase.

I like twistelette's dyeing idea ... you could also dye the shoes a completely different color.

25-03-2013
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionista-ta View Post
jinadaze, I should send you my trimmings to add to the bottom of your pants
Indeed.

It never gets easier, you just go faster. (LeMond)

25-03-2013
Power to the 99%

^ how do you feel about polka dots

26-03-2013
front row

everyone who said nice things about my new coats, thanks!
I love love love the camel one as well, ta-ta - we're experiencing a late cold spell, and the only upside of that is that I get to wear the camel coat immediately. it even makes my 5 euro black wool beanie look stylish

barbaraaa: you're very welcome! I might create a pinterest board myself after all, I have some items that I don't know what to wear with as well!

26-03-2013
front row

betinapple no the nude flats aren't patent, just normal leather ones.
i've been searching for black or grey patent ones but they always miss something special...

thanks for the warm welcome everybody

i'll have to check out everybodys pinterest boards, i love this thread, so many new ideas for me!

26-03-2013
trendsetter

Quote:
This is a great point. Occasionally I find myself liking something that maybe is my old personal style, but not my current one. Or maybe it has some good features, but not my favorite neckline. There can be a real benefit to thinking something over for a little while ...

When I'm physically shopping, if a few hours pass & I can't even remember what the item was that I was considering, I realize forgetting about it was totally right
I think this is very wise. I find pinterest very helpful in that matter as well. I just removed most pins from my "fashion dreams" board. They weren't that interesting any way.

@Blackcoffee: Then I will keep looking I think repetto has black patent flats as a part of their basic collection. I do not have any experience with them though.

---------

ACNE Track boots: went to try them on today. Good move. I really did not like them very much since they are way to pointy for my style. The SAs were very nice, as always though.

I did find a striped sweater that I liked a lot. It is not very thick though and it was made of cotton. Guess it is a summer knit and therefore I am not sure if I should buy it or not. I can layer it, of course and I am planning on buying some wool/silk tops for that purpose. Also I could wear a cardigan over it but I am still not sure wether it would be the right sweater for me. I really like the design though. Classic with a twist.

Also I tried on the white silk shirt I was talking about a couple of weeks ago. The one from H&Ms new brand &other stories. I really liked it and it fit me perfectly. I am still not convinced that the quality of the silk will be good enough (it looked really expensive, and not as thin as the silk shirt I had to return to H&M last year) and if I even want a silk shirt since I am not that good at wearing my other silk items in light colours since they have to be dry cleaned if I get them dirty.

26-03-2013
trendsetter

Quote:
^ how do you feel about polka dots
Perfectly fine by me, since they are B&W.

Betinapple, so jealous you have &other stories there, they don't even ship to my country. So many beautiful stuff that I saw on the website, especially the shoes.

26-03-2013
tfs star

^They are part of HM, aren't they? I am sure they will spread like wildfire.

26-03-2013
trendsetter

That's right, I believe they will.

27-03-2013
trendsetter

They are, and I think you are right Eizhowa

------

An online outlet in my country just marked down some of their things and I've found a couple of basic v-neck pullovers in lambswool that only costs 22,5 dollars. I would be able to get free shipping as well. I am contemplating buying one in light grey since I really have been needing extra warm sweaters.

Last edited by Betinapple; 27-03-2013 at 02:54 AM.

27-03-2013
Power to the 99%

^ sounds like a good idea, since I think you said you had only one that you were wearing all the time last winter ...

27-03-2013
trendsetter

Quote:
^ sounds like a good idea, since I think you said you had only one that you were wearing all the time last winter ...
Unfortunately "last winter" is still now.

I did not have a grey sweater on my wishlist but I ordered it any way. It is such a classic style, the price was insanely low and I really need sweaters. If it is nice I might order one or two more (it was available in dusty pink, red, black melange, lavender, ice blue melange and a dark-puple/navy melange).

27-03-2013
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betinapple View Post
Unfortunately "last winter" is still now.
I hear you...
a good basic knit is always a good thing. it's definitely in the back of my mind to get some for next winter... if this one ever ends...

oh, and I'm on pinterest now as well! my board(s) are very sparse, will upload more images later... I'm 'twistelette' ('twistelette2' to be precise)

27-03-2013
front row

I think it was a good idea too, Betina, especially since "last winter" is still happening for you, you only have one sweater, and it wasn't expensive. It'll probably serve you and stay with you for long

Following you on pinterest already, twistelette!

27-03-2013
trendsetter

@Twistelette: I also had made a note to buy more knits for next winter. Guess now I am ahead Hope it is great.

Following you on pinterest now. I love how classic your wardrobe is.

@Barbaraa:
You are perfectly right. Fingers crossed it will be great when it arrives so I do not have to spend half of what it cost on shipping for no good

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#4, 45, french, piece, wardrobe