How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

27-03-2013
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betinapple View Post
Following you on pinterest now. I love how classic your wardrobe is.
thank you
pinning all the pieces I can find on the internet, I feel incredibly happy with my wardrobe. I like classic stuff, but it shouldn't read too 'old', I like simple, but I don't want to wear bland outfits. I feel like I'm getting better and better at hitting the right note. yay
PM me about that A.P.C. sweater?

27-03-2013
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistelette View Post
thank you
pinning all the pieces I can find on the internet, I feel incredibly happy with my wardrobe. I like classic stuff, but it shouldn't read too 'old', I like simple, but I don't want to wear bland outfits. I feel like I'm getting better and better at hitting the right note. yay
PM me about that A.P.C. sweater?
I think you are doing it perfectly right with all the nice little details like the Veronique Branhquinho top. Also like the very minimalistic feeling about the new coats. I wish I could be so "simple".

I will PM you right away

27-03-2013
trendsetter

Any of you having trouble with pinterest?

I've just pinned something and it shows in my overview but not on the board I pinned it to.

I just changed to the new layout. Don't know wether that is the root of the issue.

27-03-2013
front row

^ that happened to me as well, but when I refreshed the page the pin showed up.
and thank you for your nice words!!

27-03-2013
Power to the 99%

I like how twistelette & jinadaze are both minimalists, but in completely different ways

Did my yoox return today ... in case anyone is interested, shipping is free, return shipping with their UPS label is $6, which is deducted from your refund. (If you accept store credit, return shipping is free.) It was totally easy since I can just take either USPS or UPS packages to the mailroom at work. It was nice that the return label is identical to the original so you can just put it right over and go. Very nice process ... then you wonder why they can't all be like that

Next up ... I need to replace some lingerie and get a white T or two.

28-03-2013
rising star

Fashionista-ta: I agree, shipping should be a lot easier. It is very expensive to ship a package from Denmark, so when I order something online, I often ask myself if this is really worth it, as it will cost me a lot (!) to send back.

I've been searching for white T's as well, but have not been able to find one. I don't have a special preference regarding neckline, but it needs to be completely opaque as I always wear either a black tank or a black silk camisole underneath. And all the ones I've tried on have been semi-sheer.

My lingerie is fully up to date. I've been buying lingerie like crazy from christmas until now. I only wear one specific set, which I have in all colors of the rainbow, so that makes it easy to buy lingerie. The company, Femilet, launches 1-3 new colors every season, which I preorder, so I am always on top lingerie-wise.

Me: I've found out, that I really love lace. I mean, I know I've always liked it, but now I know that I actually truly love it. 3 years ago I had a T from a cheap brand, where the fabric was lace from just over the breasts and also covering my shoulders. I wore that T untill it fell apart. Then I got a H&M replacement (with mesh instead of lace, though), which I've worn at least once a week since I got it in december, and now the fabric is looking a little worn.

So now I understand why I am so in love with my By Malene Birger Blundia top. And I actually feel okay with spending a lot of money on it, because I know from my history, that I will wear it untill it falls apart. And I also know that it will last a whole lot longer than my other ones, as the quality is much better (wool).

I've also bought a black v-neck lace dress to wear for a friends wedding. It is a bit to long, but a friend will change that for me. And after the wedding I plan on getting it sewn into a skirt and a top, as I think I will get more use out of seperates.

And I've bought another lace top, also from By Malene Birger. This is very quickly becoming my favorite brand! It has a lace bodice and mesh sleeves. Very pretty.

So for now I am actually pretty content with my wardrobe.

- Coco Chanel

28-03-2013
front row

I also agree with how shipping and returning should be cheaper and easier... I was just looking into a dress that is on major discount on an online store I like. My birthday is in a couple of days so I was considering it as my mother's present to me. Then I checked the shipping and it's twice as much it was in January quite a turn-off... I guess in a way that is a good thing though, because if I have to pay for shipping I have to ponder what I buy a lot more, and I don't think I would have gotten a lot of wear out of that dress, despite how much I like it.

I think I'll have my mother buy me a white button-up instead. I need one a lot more than a dress anyway, plus that will help me tackle my to-buy list.

I do have to buy underwear, mainly bras. I wish I could buy all the collections of my favourite brands (Cleo by Panache, Panache and Freya!), but that's too expensive for me at the time. Brastop is having a promotion this weekend - that includes half-price shipping... Hmm...

Last edited by barbaraaa; 28-03-2013 at 10:45 AM.

28-03-2013
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbaraaa View Post

I think I'll have my mother buy me a white button-up instead. I need one a lot more than a dress anyway, plus that will help me tackle my to-buy list.
sounds like a plan! maybe check out COS? they usually have some nice white button-ups, and I think their clean & modern cuts fit your aesthetic very well.

28-03-2013
front row

Unfortunately they don't have a store in here They do have ship here, but button ups are something I really have to try on as they're not an easy fit on me (aren't they a hard fit on mostly everyone?). I will definitely check them for other pieces though - I do like their aesthetics

28-03-2013
tfs star

Trine: I tried to access that lingerie website you mentioned(I love lingerie!), but they wouldn't let me see anything because my language was NOR, according to the error-message. Fine, just keep everything to yourselves(the danish)

Me(-me-me-me):
I recieved my Bloch ballet pumps yesterday and I love love love them So comfortable. They seem really well made to and are so cute. Now all I need is for winter to go away We still have a meter deep frost in the ground (I couldn't find a suitable English word for this. I am not sure if there is one).

I didn't tell you up front (I live in constant fear of the words "Out of Stock") but they sell them for 48 GBP on Ebay vs 158 GBP on the website. They didn't even get picked up by customs (I don't know why, maybe because the label was all in french) so they were a real bargain

I also ordered the grey jeans I pinned on my Wishlist tfs board, and the tan belt from my list, and a Vanessa Bruno Athe dress that suddenly appeared in my size after months

I won't receive anything until after Easter, but I hope everything will fit

I also bought a second hand black silk Chloe skirt, but the fit was very odd on me so I think I'll try to sell it on. I have really realized how bothersome Ebay can be since you can't try things on/return them. Hopefully this will prevent me from shopping myself stupid on Ebay in the future.

On shipping/return costs: I have noticed that a lot more online shops offer free shipping/return etc. now compared to before. I think as more online shops emerge, they will become more reasonable due to competition. The store I ordered my jeans from offer free shipping/returns and you don't have to pay custom duties etc. I got several sized to try on. I did the same with the Vanessa Bruno dress, but the return cost like 5 GBP (which is nothing imo).

All pictures from pintrest. Sorry the picture of the belt is cropped, but it was the only one still available on the site after it got sold out:/

Last edited by eizhowa; 28-03-2013 at 12:46 PM.

28-03-2013
rising star

Barbaraaa: Do you know bravissimo.com? They have Panache, and often on sale.

Eizhowa: Here is a link to the lingerie from another site http://www.femiletinshop.dk/shop/fem...op-23226p.html

We also still have winter in Denmark. There will be coming more snow tonight. My birthday was this monday, and it was only 2 degrees. Last year it was 17!

Are you from Oslo? Sorry if it's to personal. I just love Oslo, have been there once a year for the past 5 years.

- Coco Chanel

28-03-2013
Power to the 99%

^^ nice purchases there, me-me-me They look very you you you.

28-03-2013
tfs star

Trine: It is not too personal Too personal would be asking for my address and which window belonged to my bedroom I am actually from the Stavanger (city) area. Oslo is 3 times bigger, I think. Probably a better city if you are a tourist/shopper. I can finish shopping in all the stores here in a day (pretty much). The town council won't even let Zara come to Stavanger Too big and too modern or something like that...

Love the lingerie from the link <3 I love lace lingerie. It just makes me feel less like a lumpy male sheep when I wear wool sweaters in the winter. I also went on a huge lingerie haul recently and I currently have more than I need, but I'll keep the set in mind.

Thank you, Ta-ta. I've always been told my purchases are very "me" by my family, who have no opinion about clothes (It must have been a recessive gene), other than "I like brown". I have learnt to see it as a compliment, but when I was 14 I would have a tantrum and feel so insulted if someone said something was very "me"

29-03-2013
trendsetter

@Eizhowa: great stuff! I really like that dress. I know how you feel about worrying things will get out of stock. I do that as well if I really like something. I have gotten better, however. If something sells out, I have saved my money for now and something else will come along eventually.

Actually I have the bra MissTrine is linking to, on my wishlist for my b-day next month. I tried it on last year but decided not go get it because of the wide straps but these days I almost never wear tops with thin straps. Not even in the summer. I think it is so cute and feminine and although it is not wired (which I absolutely hate and can not wear) it has really good support.

-----

I have been thinking that I might should have ordered the sweater in black melange instead of the grey color I chose. I have a black fase ATM. I think I will get a lot of use out of the grey one though since it is such a basic colour and it goes better with coloured clothes than black do. I was actually thinking about purchasing the black one as well and maybe another color too if the sweater is nice, but I can see that it is sold out now.

30-03-2013
front row

Eizhowa, great purchases !

I have been completely out of the loop - only focusing on my wedding but I still follow diligently everything that is happening here, albeit from afar ^^

Oh and as for me, we agreed with my fiancé that I would buy everything from my 2013/2014 Pinterest in the upcoming days so I have this out of the way and I can spend those next 2 years only focusing on my wedding + world tour and all the stuff I will need for that.
I am just waiting to see if I still love all those pieces as much. Then I will be able to post in the combination thread and see how my wardrobe work ^^
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by EvaH; 30-03-2013 at 08:16 AM.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#4, 45, french, piece, wardrobe