How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

01-04-2013
front row

So many interesting comments! Twistelette, I am too, thinking about how my taste may evolve. I think that's one of the reason I am buying 75% sweater/basic stuff. My choices are quite tame in term of cut (v-neck) and fabric (wool/silk) I am still in London for a bit; it all depends on how good I am at organising everything. The latest deadline my fiancé gave me is 2016 but we would like to wrap things up for 2014. After that I am off traveling for a year and then I still have 7-10 years of training before becoming a qualified surgeon. So I am in London for quite a of time. Hence why I am trying to stock up sweater - I only had 3... Couldn't bring myself to buy "weather appropriate clothes". This board saved me

Anyway, loving sleepless nights - best time to browse and work on my Pinterest. It's funny how I am now seeing a pattern in things I am interesting in. I am starting to see what my "style" may be
Posted via Mobile Device

01-04-2013
Power to the 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistelette View Post
^ sounds intriguing, these 'few other things'
I love those Humanoid sneakers as well! like you said, the perfect sneakers for a non-sneaker-person. I haven't seen them in person yet, so I couldn't say what the sole is like. there's two things about them though: I think they'll look best worn with somewhat narrow or straight-legged trousers, and most of my spring trousers are wider-legged. not intensly flared or anything, but I'm not sure how that will look. another thing: they are about 3 times the amount I budgeted for this 'slot'.

I am also curious to hear about any spring wardrobe observations anyone might have!
not at all, actually Just have a few mundane things to take care of ... bed pillows, haven't bought bath towels in years & they all look sad, haircut, pedicure, skincare items, household maintenance, etc. However, I did receive a check unexpectedly today, so ... :p

Yes, you may be right about the pants silhouette. They are a bit expensive, but it also looks like they're very well made & designed + unique, and looks like a lot of nice quality leather in the shoe. I don't know, these shoes are pretty special ...

When I was buying ballets that I needed earlier in the year, I ended up with a navy pair, because of the flower ornament. Of course black would have been by far more practical ... but the nice black ones are difficult to find because they tend to sell out immediately. And, navy can be worn with black, and I have a few navy things in my closet that the new shoes have encouraged me to get more use out of. So I guess I am a believer that sometimes shoes are so special that everything else must adapt to them

I wore my new red shirt today, and it's kind of a watermelon red ... thinking about getting new lipstick/lipgloss to match for spring. I'd be able to wear with alot of other things too, I'm sure ... and watermelon lipgloss I've always thought quite delectable

jinadaze, look at who I'm following And happy time, I like it I had the day off today ... did some boring errands, but also browsed in the bookstore & got a British shelter magazine I also went antiquing a bit earlier in the long weekend, and bought an old glass cloche--my first one. Haven't done anything with it yet, waiting for inspiration to strike

02-04-2013
trendsetter

As for spring clothes my observations is that I have not needed it yet.

It is still so cold here but the last couple of days we have had a bit of sun so yesterday I took my Prada sunnies out along with my crochet gloves instead of big mittens. Also I have been wearing my cape.

I helped my friend clean out her closet yesterday and I got a few things. Among others an amazing lambswool/angora sweaterdress, a purple silk/cashmere cardigan, and a blouse with gold stripes. Also I got a black shirt dress that I am going to wear under skirts, to use it as a shirt. That might have solved my "black blouse" problem.

02-04-2013
front row

End of the story for my lanvin flat: I had to return them 2 times because they didn't fit right. The 3rd time they were supposed to come back to me (on the 28th), they actually got signed by somebody I don't now and who is none of my neighbour nor the porter.
Alas, it will be for next year then

No spring clothes over here either, it has sometimes been sunny but it is still very cold so no difference on my end ^^

02-04-2013
front row

^ you mean, someone stole your shoes? WHAT.

02-04-2013
Power to the 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvaH View Post
End of the story for my lanvin flat: I had to return them 2 times because they didn't fit right. The 3rd time they were supposed to come back to me (on the 28th), they actually got signed by somebody I don't now and who is none of my neighbour nor the porter.
Alas, it will be for next year then

No spring clothes over here either, it has sometimes been sunny but it is still very cold so no difference on my end ^^
Not sure why this is the end of the story ... has mytheresa addressed the situation?

There are two ways to address this (three if you count simply going out into the major shopping city and buying the shoes in person ) ... the package was no doubt insured, and is required to be delivered to the recipient. I've seen this process with a package shipped between individuals. It was jewelry, and someone else signed for the package and failed to deliver it to the recipient. The carrier investigated (I guess they knocked on surrounding doors), found the package, and finally delivered it to my roommate. Otherwise, thousands of dollars in insurance would have been pair to the sender.

The other way to address it is with the credit card company.

02-04-2013
front row

You are right. After being chastised for being a bit too casual about it I called the carrier UPS who told me they delivered it to my neighbour.. Long story short: I live all over the place (in between 4 addresses in 3 different countries) and since last time I receive my flats at a different address than the 1st one, I thought mytheresa would have make a "permanent" change and would send them for the 3rd time at the address I am in right now. No such luck, they send it to the same address than the 1st time..

I called mytheresa again and they have been very helpful. They did exactly what you said! Now they are trying to find the neighbour, set up a recollection and ship it back to the wherever I will be at that time.. What an adventure
Posted via Mobile Device

02-04-2013
trendsetter

Ta-ta, not sure if a dress is on your list, but that one - MICHAEL MICHAEL KORS Panama polka-dot silk-georgette dress - is pretty gorgeous, isn't it?
Since I don't have a Reccomendation board like you and don't want to spam on your Wishlist one, I posted it here.

It never gets easier, you just go faster. (LeMond)

02-04-2013
front row

That's quite an adventure with the shoes... Hopefully it will all be solved soon.

02-04-2013
front row

EvaH, an adventure for those shoes indeed hope you will receive them soon!

02-04-2013
backstage pass

Hi everyone

I just returned from a fantastic week in the Netherlands! Absolutely loved it. I'm so in love with flat countries, too many Alps around here :p

Somehow I only shopped for the kids though, nothing for me But then again, I don't really feel shopping hungry right now. I was planning to get the ballet flats in April, but I might reconsider. Somehow I just feel so undecided. My favorite pair would have been a teal pair from Lanvin, but I don't find it in my size. Plus I have seen Lanvin flats in Den Haag and they seemed to be cut in a way that might not feel right for my foot. I have a narrow foot in the middle but need room for my toes. Sadly, they didn't have them in my size so I couldn't try them on.

I might want to buy a medium weight sweater instead. There is one that I have been admiring a lot during the past weeks and it's sold out nearly everywhere. Besides, it seems like winter will not end... I'm so bored with all my sweaters already!!!

03-04-2013
front row

glad you had a great time in my home country, R&N! I haven't been to Den Haag since I was maybe 3, I should visit soon. I hear the Gemeentemuseum is really something - I love 30s Dutch architecture.
not shopping when you're not feeling shopping-hungry sounds about right. too bad you weren't able to try on those Lanvin flats! I still think the teal ones would go great with your wardrobe - but only if their shape fits your feet nicely/comfortably, of course...

as for me, I got some new eyeshadow yesterday, by Dr. Hauschka. It was the most I've ever spent on make-up (though it was less than what that site says... might be because I'm closer to Germany, that the prices in the Netherlands are lower than those in the US? or maybe it's just that they sell more in the Netherlands, and therefore want more for their stuff in the US...), and I am really impressed with the quality.
I've also removed some pins from my 'considering' board focus, focus, focus

Last edited by twistelette; 03-04-2013 at 07:01 AM.

03-04-2013
backstage pass

Twistelette: I most definitely loved the Netherlands! I was in Amsterdam before but it was nice to see some of the other lovely cities... Delft, Gouda and especially Utrecht - I totally fell in love with Utrecht. If you give me a job I'll move.

Shopping: Did I say I wasn't in a shopping mood yesterday? Well, being it at home I had some time to get into that mood today. I decided to get a sweater instead of the ballet flats this month. I really need to invest in some good tops again. I've been spending much on shoes lately but sometimes you need something to wear with them. So I got a sweater that I admired for weeks now and that was sold out on mytheresa. I love it because it has many colors in it that fit into my color scheme. It's a 3.1 Philipp Lim. Didn't get it yet though, it should arrive tomorrow.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 31LIM.jpg (154.8 KB, 5 views)

03-04-2013
tfs star

^I pretty much only have lots and lots of shoes and a few sweaters and a coat or two that I wear. Shopping for shoes is so much more fun than tops. If you buy more tops you just end up with more things to launder. Thats my agrument for buying lots and lots shoes at any rate

I like your sweater. Is is a cotton material? When I enlarge the image it looks like the same fabric used in my uni sweatshirt, only more lightweight.

Twistelette: I don't think your make-up counts as an item, but I think it is definitly worth applying the same principle of quality over quantity to what you put on your face, not just on your body

Last edited by eizhowa; 03-04-2013 at 12:05 PM.

03-04-2013
front row

got my leather jacket and dress today and love both.
tried to take a good picture wearing it but i failed, will ask the boyfriend to make one

and i found the perfect black skinny jeans from levi's curve id modern line, tried them on and bought them

so now all that's left on my list (creme knit jumper, midi skirt) kind of belongs to my summer list which i won't start until it's actually spring... which doesn't seem to happen anytime soon.

i have my whole spring stuff ready but the weather - snow/cold - won't let me wear it

and oh yeah i have a pinterest account too here

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#4, 45, french, piece, wardrobe