How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

14-04-2013
front row

Great the sweater is doing well In Action, R&N. A nice long sleeved blouse seems like a good next 'step' for you. If you don't feel any urgency for any of the other items, waiting 'til the sales sounds like a plan.

I do feel some urgency since today: it was the first real day of spring, warm and sunny (yay!). I went for a long walk wearing my Bensimon sneakers, which are great but maybe don't have the most comfortable soles in the world. My feet were distincly not amused. Like, singing Aretha Franklin's 'Respect' to me.
So, a good pair of spring/summer sneakers is now a priority.

14-04-2013
Power to the 99%

^

R-E-S-P-E-C-T, find out what it means to me!!

15-04-2013
front row

Yay Red glad you still love your blouse ! I am with you on the "no urgency". The more I look at my Pinterest the more I feel like I don't need nor absolutely want any of those items. I think I really enjoy the whole process of "shopping" online, pining or saving items or even outfits I like but I no longer feel the need to own anything.
As for the cleaning out of my closet. It continues.. I was in NYC and gave a bunch of stuff to my friends, including most of my unworn shoes. And now I am back and I am still cleaning. I have around 25 pieces excluding lingerie now. My fiancé says I am obsessed and should stop before I have nothing to wear But I love having almost nothing, I feel better and freer. On top of that I truly wear my clothes now and I love all the combination I managed to do. Hope to stop at 20 pieces.
Twistelette: I too was looking for comfortable sneakers at some point but since I let the Barbara bui leather high top go, I never found anything appealing enough. I pinned some lanvin, there are some Pierre hardy I saw on mytheresa too. Hope you will find your perfect pair soon
Jina: so glad your boyfriend was able to help you out !!
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by EvaH; 15-04-2013 at 03:07 AM.

15-04-2013
front row

I've been a bit absent due to my sinusitis, but I love it that this thread always has things for me to catch up on

Jinadaze: YAY!!! So glad you sorted that out. Special characters can be so annoying... I would know. My name has an "á", and my address has all sorts of - and º that are often not accepted or get printing mistakes...

About priorities: The only thing I feel I really -need- is some nice blouses. I might mostly wait for sales for those, because, as RedandNavy said, blouses can be pretty easy to find on sale. Right now I'm planning on (eventually, and preferably with a discount code) buying the polka dotted one I have on pinterest; a white button-up (I'm going to make my mum get me that, as I had a birthday on April 3rd, but unfortunately we haven't had the time to go shopping together yet); a leopard print blouse (I like the one I have pinned, but it's sold out online... maybe I'll be able to find it irl, otherwise something else will certainly show up). I also want the black boat neck 3/4 sleeved tee I pinned, and I have to buy the white shirt. This would keep me satisfied for a while.

I'd like some dresses too, mostly because I like the idea of dresses but dresses that fit me are so hard to find, which I think adds to my lust for them. I gave up on the some of the specific dresses I had pinned, but I still like the idea of those. Something will come up eventually, I guess.

Also: I could NEVER clean my closet to that extent, Eva

Last edited by barbaraaa; 15-04-2013 at 07:51 AM.

15-04-2013
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbaraaa View Post
I'd like some dresses too, mostly because I like the idea of dresses but dresses that fit me are so hard to find, which I think adds to my lust for them. I gave up on the some of the specific dresses I had pinned, but I still like the idea of those. Something will come up eventually, I guess.

Also: I could NEVER clean my closet to that extent, Eva
Me neither! Which is not to say it can't be done, of course... just be mindful of the reasons you're culling - it shouldn't become clearing out for clearing out's sake.

As for me & the sneakers... there's one question I can't really get clear in my mind. Ideally, I'd like sneakers/shoes that are comfortable enough to walk long distances in (2/3 hour walks), and that are also 'presentable' enough for everyday wear (I work mostly from home, so this would entail: hanging out for coffee-dates, getting groceries, going to the library, being in the world). Oh, and ideally I'd like them to be as ecofriendly as possible. And they should 'go' with my A.P.C. spring coat. Is this doable, or is it too much to ask from one shoe? Should I get one 'presentable' pair, and one 'walking' pair? The thing is, I'm not much of a sneaker-person, and I feel a little bit self-concious walking around in sneakers. But. I could get over that.
I love the Humanoid sneakers I put on Pinterest, but they are really too much money at the moment (with other expenses I have in mind). Moreover, I am not too sure they really go with my A.P.C. coat. Hmmn. You guys have any ideas?

15-04-2013
front row

I've already said this on your Pinterest, but I love Vans. I've had three pairs in three different models over the past... seven? years, and they were all super comfortable. They have several models too, and many in "fashion" colours/patterns. Maybe some model will appeal to you. I doubt they're very eco-friendly, however...

15-04-2013
front row

I agree with the vans, converse would work too but they definitely aren't Eco-friendly :/ Or maybe you could take a look at asics shoes or Nike which aren't Eco friendly either..
I was really into high top sneakers as well, I think they look really good with several outfits on top of being really comfortable. They come in so many colours & shapes as well and there is something for every budget !

As for cleaning out my closet: I think it comes with the fact that I realised I really did not care about all the stuff I brought in the past... As soon as I got over "caring", it just got easier and easier. So now it really is all about functionality and basics need. Less about sentimental/emotional attachment. I am no longer interesting in buying either because there is no immediate need. I still have enough clothes to dress everyday , I don't need more. Although I wish this dress thing was sorted as I have other weddings in June and July now and I was hoping to wear the same dress
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by EvaH; 15-04-2013 at 09:57 AM.

15-04-2013
backstage pass

Now the spring finally is warming up I find I get to wear my denim jacket and my suede summerjacket that I bought (or was given, in the case of the suede jacket) this winter. It brings so much life to be able to wear a new jacket with everything that it feels like my entire wardrobe is refreshed!

twistelette About the ecofriendly shoes, if I remembered correct you live in Utrecht right? There's a store there that specializes in eco-friendly clothing it's called Nukhiva. I've never been there, but maybe they have some eco-friendly shoes?

15-04-2013
front row

thanks, Fewormany! I like Nukhiva a lot - but the last time I was there, they didn't have any sneakers/shoes that appealed to me. Maybe they have some new stock, I was planning on going there tomorrow. And I totally get what you're saying about a 'new' jacket (or an old one coming out of storage/hibernation) freshening up the way you feel about your clothes.

15-04-2013
trendsetter

Thanks for sharing the joy with me, ladies! We have an anniversary tomorrow but I doubt that I will receive them to wear out to dinner.

Twistelette, if you are not a sneakers person (neither am I), maybe you should think about some kind of brogues that are more casual. Softer, rather than stiff leather.

It never gets easier, you just go faster. (LeMond)

15-04-2013
Power to the 99%

I like Merrells or similar for walking shoes ... some of them have been quite presentable, like a black Mary Jane slide.

16-04-2013
trendsetter

My comfortably yet semi-dressy shoes are the ACNE pistol boot (I can wear those for entire days without having sore feet) and a pair of green patent brogues from Costume National.

But I can not deny that fact that my sneakers are the best shoes for long walks. I think the sport brands make the best sneakers since that are what they specialize in doing. I know many of them are sporty but I like the nike blazer sneak. It is not too sporty especiallty not if you pick the black suede version or the woven one

16-04-2013
trendsetter

OMG, I can't believe I got the shoes today, they were sent yesterday evening. Fits like a glove.

It never gets easier, you just go faster. (LeMond)

16-04-2013
front row

^ Hurray, Jinadaze! Enjoy!

16-04-2013
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvaH View Post
As for the cleaning out of my closet. It continues.. I was in NYC and gave a bunch of stuff to my friends, including most of my unworn shoes. And now I am back and I am still cleaning. I have around 25 pieces excluding lingerie now. My fiancé says I am obsessed and should stop before I have nothing to wear But I love having almost nothing, I feel better and freer. On top of that I truly wear my clothes now and I love all the combination I managed to do. Hope to stop at 20 pieces.
I also love working with fewer clothes. I made a set in Polyvore which shows basically which 15 items (not the exact items, but look-a-likes) constitute my wardrobe November through April (the Norwegian winter). This excludes lingerie, of course. (T-shirts/tank tops are lingerie in my opinion. I certainly feel like I am wearing lingerie if I go out in them. I feel like I am nothing but a pair of boobs when I wear a tank top...)

I do occasionally wear other clothes, but these are the ones I keep returning too when I just want to look good, and not just "try something else" for the sake of it.

I could add this to the wardrobe combination thread, because I have basically just been wearing every possible different combination of these outfits.

Next season I hope to add to my winter wardrobe:
- A better quality wool jacket
- A black fitted sweater by Belle Freud.
Also, I will soon have my new Balenciaga handbag

source: polyvore
Attached Images
File Type: png Nov-April.png (464.6 KB, 8 views)

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#4, 45, french, piece, wardrobe