How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

16-04-2013
fashion insider

I think I have mentioned earlier that I don't want to invest in pieces that I wouldn't be able to get much wear out of after university. My uni class visited a successful law firm yesterday and one of the women there was wearing Acne Pistol Boots Apparently the dress code is more casual in my country than I thought.

Jinadaze: Yay about the shoes

16-04-2013
fashion insider

Apparently I can't count. There are 16 pieces in that Polyvore set.

17-04-2013
backstage pass

The yellow Acne dress is now on its way back. It really is easy to send back things from NAP, I only called DHL, told them when to come, signed the form - that's it. I didn't even need tape for the parcel.

Regarding the blouse: do you think something in a very light, nearly pastel mint shade could work with my teals and yellows and neutrals? My other option is a blouse with a print in eggshell/brown. I guess that always works.

Jina: did the shoes arrive yet?

17-04-2013
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedandNavy View Post
Regarding the blouse: do you think something in a very light, nearly pastel mint shade could work with my teals and yellows and neutrals?
I do!

17-04-2013
trendsetter

I do too. I don't do colours often , but love the mint shade, it's so ... refreshing. It looks great with neutrals too.

Check out the previous page, RedandNavy. I didn't wear them yet though, but hopefully they would be comfortable for short walks too. Yesterday I decided to go with the brogues which was a clever decision since we walked a lot.
Oh, and have to say that the straps aren't so electric blue as pictured (more purple blueish) but I don't mind.

It never gets easier, you just go faster. (LeMond)

17-04-2013
Power to the 99%

Not sure if mint green will work with teal ... with yellow I know it does as that is my mother's kitchen color scheme She has a yellow that is equal in value to the green (i.e., also pastel).

If you're not perfectly happy with either blouse, there are & will be more

Am wearing my new white T for the first time today, with my blue knit skirt & new b/w sandals. The T is very comfortable, and the sandals lots of fun. They are the kind of shoes that people stop you to talk about

17-04-2013
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionista-ta View Post
Not sure if mint green will work with teal ... with yellow I know it does as that is my mother's kitchen color scheme She has a yellow that is equal in value to the green (i.e., also pastel).

If you're not perfectly happy with either blouse, there are & will be more

Am wearing my new white T for the first time today, with my blue knit skirt & new b/w sandals. The T is very comfortable, and the sandals lots of fun. They are the kind of shoes that people stop you to talk about
Well, the mint green blouse apparently just got sold out... Argh. Well, I guess it just wasn't meant to be. I have some time to decide anyway - it will be my May purchase so no hurries. If the ultimate blouse turns up before that I will get it but otherwise... no hurries.

Btw, this week was great because I finally got to wear my denim jacket (it wasn't warm enough before). It feels great! I feel five years younger when wearing it since it's a bit less formal than many things I own

17-04-2013
front row

ugh, I just typed a long answer, and then my browser ate my post... boo. anyway, I wanted to say: yay ta-ta for those shoes, and yay R&N for that jacket! what you say is exactly what I like about it, it's cool and sophisticated at the same time, sort of agelessly cool, and that makes it really young. as for me, I got some sneakers today! I finally decided on navy Adidas with white stripes and a hot pink detail at the 'opening' of the shoe (the 'lining' is hot pink) - my browser won't let me insert a link. sigh. in the end, it was a pretty quick decision. I went to Nukuhiva, but couldn't find anything there I liked... and then went to another store, tried on several pairs, liked these the best for both comfort and aesthetics, and I got them. done.

17-04-2013
Power to the 99%

^ hot pink sounds like fun Love touches of it ... one of these days I'd like some hot pink or raspberry shoes. Also purple ... all of these are pretty hard to find.

17-04-2013
trendsetter

@Jina: yay about the shoes!

@Red&Navy:
I think teal and mint would be gorgeous together! Not so sure about mustard though.

@Twistelette: those sneakers are so nice!

@Eizhowa:
I really like the IDEA of a small wardrobe but I love my clothes to much to ever be able to narrow them down to only 30 or 15 (!) pieces. I have been wearing a lot of the same stuff during the winter though because only a small part of my wardrobe have been able to keep me warm enough.

Me: I have made a decission. No more purchases for me for the next time. I really feel my wardrobe working nicely and I need a break from consuming. I have not decided wether I will allow myself to get the things on my musthavelist if I should stumble upon them. I know that I would hate to pass on something perfect but somehow I feel like I would rather just ban all shopping. It is easier. And since my wardrobe is working fine without a breton sweater or a white blouse, why would I?

Also I have removed two things from my musthavelist. The nude ballet flats and the black blouse. Somehow I do not really feel like I need them.

17-04-2013
trendsetter

^ It's the same with me, though I still love to look for stuff, online 'shopping' without buying anything relaxes me. What can I say, I like to watch beautiful things. It's liberating not to feel the urge for shopping just for the sake of it.
Now that I checked the following items from my shopping list for Spring out I think I won't purchase anything for months:

- waistcoat
- black skirt
- heeled sandals
- necklace

The last two I got as a gift and I don't count basic tees and hosiery as items.

my screenshot, obv
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen shot 2013-04-17 at 10.02.31 PM.png (99.3 KB, 13 views)

It never gets easier, you just go faster. (LeMond)

17-04-2013
Power to the 99%

r&n, aqua seems like it might be more natural with teal than mint ... however, I don't know what specific pieces you're looking at wearing the blouse with.

jinadaze, I thought the shoes were all black I need to peer at them again ... love shoes as a place to bring in some color.

18-04-2013
trendsetter

@Jina: I absolutely can not do that! I would rather avoid getting tempted. Wish I could though.

I haven't decided for how long I wanna keep not purchasing anything but I think maybe untill June. For starters at least.

18-04-2013
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionista-ta View Post
r&n, aqua seems like it might be more natural with teal than mint ...
I agree with this. Teal and mustard (which seems to me to be your "dominant" yellow tone? But I could be wrong) feel too strong to me to go well with mint. Of course, I think this could be balanced out by things such a skintone, other pieces it's worn with, etc.

I love online window shopping too I actually don't feel very tempted when doing it. Most of the time it even helps me keeping things in perspective - the more I look at one piece without the "pressure" that one has, in real life, of trying it on and taking it home because who knows when I'll have time to go shopping again, makes it easier to think it over. For me, at least.

19-04-2013
front row

interesting to read how 'online window shopping' has such different benefits for everyone! for me, simply 'looking at pretty things' is a big part of it. very calming

I wore my adidas sneakers yesterday, and oh my, the comfy-ness! I wouldn't say that I own any shoes that are uncomfortable, but these really are on a different level. exactly what I wanted. I wore them with my wide-legged vanessa bruno jeans, I'm afraid I looked a little 'american tourist'. heh. or maybe it wasn't that bad.

I also put some items in my closet in 'winter storage' (a.k.a. the clear plastic boxes on the floor of my closet) - it's not exactly full-blown summer yet, it's hardly even really spring, but I needed to shake things up a little. I left the items that I like the most, and I took out a few pieces from my summer things, so I can bringing them into rotation. it'll be mostly as layering pieces for now, but who knows... warmer temperatures are bound to hit some day in the next... 4 months
it was just a small change-up, but my wardrobe feels refreshed.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#4, 45, french, piece, wardrobe