How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

23-04-2013
tfs star

Twistelette: You better tell your browser to pull itself together because I need pictures! I love wearing multiple scarfs.

23-04-2013
tfs star

Me: I have been focusing on winter items for so long it feels so refreshing (and weird, almost) to be looking for "warmer weather clothes" (I'd say "summer", but I don't want to jinx it). My favorite cropped trousers are ready for retirement and I have been looking for replacements. I am thinking about getting one silk or linen pair in a shade of grey. I also need a new pair of black cropped trousers that I can also wear at work.

Spring/summer wish list:
- Grey silk/linen cropped trousers
- Black cropped trousers
- Tortoise sunglasses

Everything else can wait until autumn/winter, really.

23-04-2013
front row

you hear that, browser? COME ON! meanwhile, here is the original post: http://www.thesartorialist.com/photo...etails-nolita/

23-04-2013
Power to the 99%

^ I think you have to save the picture & attach it now ...

23-04-2013
front row

^I tried that, but my browser doesn't respond to clicking the 'insert image' button anymore... or 'bold', or 'italics'...

23-04-2013
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betinapple View Post
@Barbaraa: not sure I was clear but those are what I already bought. I found a really cheap (23$) sweater and bought that in grey and dusty pink. They were marked down a lot.
I feel silly now you were clear, and I do remember you buying those sweaters! I'd misread it - I think my sinusitis is getting the best of me...

Eva, I also agree that blazers help dressing up a tee. As long as it's not a crew neck or anything, I feel like it works well enough.

24-04-2013
backstage pass

Okay, I think we've fixed that "long sleeved blouse problem" for a while.

I received my By Malene Birger blouse that I ordered at farfetch. It was recently priced, silk and jersey and a draped style. I haven't worn much draped styles in my life but I start liking them more... I think they are so flattering! So this one fits and while it's not really a shirt (what I initially was looking for), I do think it will go perfectly for work. Plus it's a new style for me - I seem to be experimenting with new materials and cuts lately

Pic by farfetch.com

And... I must admit I ordered a second item. Since both were so reasonably priced it does feel okay though. Eizhowa pinned a outnet blouse on my recommendations board - and I really liked it. So since it was outnet, I just went ahead and ordered. I think it could work very well with several of my pieces and this completely solves any "long sleeved blouse / shirt" problem I had for now.

I must say though that I really liked the Equipment shirts that Ta-Ta pinned - an Equipment shirt might be something I'll try to get next season, or the season after... We'll see.

So this was my May shopping already. I think that's fine, I really needed that long-sleeved shirt. I think I could wait with the rest till the sales, since nothing is absolutely must-have now. I do want an evening bag but I think that's nothing I need to pay 800 Euros for, so I'll definitely wait and see if I can find something in the sales.

Last edited by RedandNavy; 24-04-2013 at 12:55 AM.

24-04-2013
Power to the 99%

^ very pretty are you still waiting on the other one to arrive?

24-04-2013
backstage pass

I just ordered the other one this morning and the outnet does no express shipping, so it'll take several days. I'll let you know when it arrives.

24-04-2013
tfs star

I am so happy you liked the blouse, RedandNavy! I really wanted it for myself, but I don't suit deep/dark yellows. It is odd, but I feel like I am the one who bought it because I have that satiated post-shopping feeling...

I got my Balenciaga bag today and I have pretty much tried in on with all of my old clothes I still feel quite "shopped-out" though.

I have been wonder if there is a connection between the desire not to shop as much and buying fewer, but high quality items that you love. Buying lots junk it is like eating mints to try to suppress your craving for chocolate cake. In the end you'll just have eaten too many mints and you'll still want the chocolate cake... And your wardrobe will be cluttered and your bank account empty

24-04-2013
front row

R&N: that's a fab blouse. the shape/the silhouette it will make reminds me a little of your new sweater. hope it is as comfy and flattering! let us know when the other top arrives, I'm curious

eizhowa: YEAH!
(that was for the bag)
I have to think about the connection between slowing down the amount of shopping that you do - or the desire not to shop as much, and wanting to get high quality items. I mean, the connection is obviously there, but I think there's different 'routes' to take.

25-04-2013
trendsetter

@Eva: you are perfectly right. Thank you I think it is good that you have quite a lot of blazers. That along with good shoes and a nice bag really adds something more elegant and work appropriate to an outfit even if you are just wearing jeans and a t-shirt. At least in my opinion. Do you have pictures of you existing wardrobe on pinterest?

@Twistelette: I love lipstick! It instantly makes me feel pretty and sexy even if I am having an off day. Great steal with those scarves! Love those kind of purchases.

@Eizhowa
: great and very modest list Great about the bag. Guess you will be very happy about it!

I must admit that in the beginning your "theory" did not apply to me. I started doing the 5pfw because I wanted the quality items, or, at that point I guess it was mostly the labels that fascinated me. But I still had the desire to buy, buy, buy, all the time. I had to force it on myself. These days it comes more naturally. I would never buy anything that would not last for more than a season and my subconsciense prevents me from buying anything that I am not sure that I will want to wear in a year or two if it its dated by then, because I do not want to spend my money on that. I want to create a wardrobe that lasts.

@Barbaraa:
no worries It can be somewhat hard to keep up with everyones wardrobes.

@Red: such a great blouse. The colour fits perfectly into your scheme. I love Malene Birger. She has the greatest and very feminine cuts. Looking forward to seeing the other blouse as well.

Me: I think I have decided, that if I stick through all of May without buying clothes I will go have that tatoo I have been wanting done. Using it as motivation should it get tough.

25-04-2013
Power to the 99%

^ what is the tattoo, can you say? I bet it's not 5pfw

26-04-2013
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionista-ta View Post
^ what is the tattoo, can you say? I bet it's not 5pfw
Hah, no it is in fact not

It is a twist on the functionalist sentence "Form ever follows functions". It has a special meaning to me

26-04-2013
trendsetter

Okay. I know I have been whining about this for ages but I really have no clue what to do.

I do not feel I have needed a color scheme before now and for the past years I have mainly been buying neutrals anyway, but when I look at my clothes they are just pointing in so many directions. Not just color-wise but also according to style. For the past year I have started to wear more contemorary clothes but once in a while I still like to wear something 50s or 60s inspired. I do not want to choose and up until now I have been liking going "chameleon" but I have to admit that these days it sort of confuses me when getting dressed and composing outfits. I have no clue what to do.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#4, 45, french, piece, wardrobe