How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

16-05-2013
trendsetter

@Twistelette: good! consider my apology withdrawn then. And I love, love, love that skirt as well.

@Barbaraa:
thx! It feels great.

I was somehow drawn to Eizhowas shirt but when I went to bed I decided to stay strong and when I woke up this morning it was sold out.

16-05-2013
Power to the 99%

Does Iris & Ink sell a shirt like that on a regular basis, like Equipment?

Had another top bite the dust ... #4 so far this season. This was a cashmere blend with bell sleeves to the elbow, turquoise. Yikes ...

I miss r&n ...

16-05-2013
tfs star

From the Iris and Ink website:
Quote:
Iris & Ink is a capsule collection of 35 trend-led pieces
to wear with all your extraordinary designer finds.
The collection is available exclusively
at THEOUTNET.COM
It seems the pieces vary more than equipments pieces do, as they are "trend-led". Equipment use the same shirt and just vary the prints/colors, correct?

They sell about 100 pieces on the outnet.

I think the shirt I bought is a really great shirt if you just ignore the sleeve-length.

--

The outnet did actually mention in their size guide that they measure the sleeve-length under the arm, not from shoulder to wrist. I just did not see it.

I was told by my math teacher that your height should be equal to the length of your body from finger-tip to finger-tip. According to the shirt, a UK size 10 should be 187cm tall (Assuming hands are 15 cm long)

I have added "Shorten standard sleeve-length" to my to-do list for when I take over the world.

16-05-2013
Power to the 99%

Equipment seems to have several styles, and then varies the color/print. I don't wear their shirts, so don't know much more than that ...

That is the ideal that Michelangelo drew ... I was just reading something about where he got it, but I've already forgotten Apparently competitive swimmers who are household names (like from the Olympics) tend to have extra-long arms, longer than this ideal. Maybe your shirt is made for them Then again, maybe they're made specifically for rolling up ...

16-05-2013
tfs star

That's probably where my teacher got it from too.

The sleeves do look good when pushed up. The cuff fit nicely above the elbow, and has the right amount of stretch. I think I have more issues with the shirt not being as I expected, than with it being too long...

I think they make the sleeves super long so that they will look good on the outnet model/mannequin

"Make models shorter" is also on my to-do list for when I take over the world. The to-do list is quite extensive...

17-05-2013
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by eizhowa View Post

I have added "Shorten standard sleeve-length" to my to-do list for when I take over the world.
noooo, lengthen them! sleeves are never long enough for me. you can change the height of mannequins, though. I'm cool with that

sorry to hear about another top biting the dust, ta-ta... alber elbaz, if you're reading this, would you make this lady a leopard top? thanks!

I miss R&N as well.

17-05-2013
tfs star

^obviously I was going to introduce Tall and Petite sizes as well... I am not evil. But the standards sleevelength should correspond to the average height of the consumers.

Perhaps you should take up Swimming, twistelette

17-05-2013
front row

^ well, I do like to make waves...

I was already pretty sure you aren't evil, but it is nice to be re-assured

17-05-2013
Power to the 99%

It's good to know that the next person to take over the world will not be evil

And thanks, twistelette, hopefully Alber is listening

19-05-2013
trendsetter

@Eizhowa: while you are at it couldn't you make sure that clothes were made for people who actually have a waist? I am quite sick of having to trying on dresses that fits perfectly at the bust is way too big in the waist and is too tight around the hips. Especially since when shopping for underwear I am bigger at the bust than around the hips.

The stock sale I was talking about is today and I had a small pinch of "I really wanna go" yesterday, but I know I made the wrong decission and I am going to a family lunch and dinner with a friend afterwards. And really, I would much rather do that

19-05-2013
tfs star

Reintroducing in-store tailors, got it! No more shirts gaping at the bust

19-05-2013
tfs star

I got two pairs of sandals yesterday. All my other shoes were too warm for summer, I realized. I spent yesterday walking around barefoot

I was planning to get sandals closer to summer, but I want to be prepared for the next heat wave

Zara/dashoes.fr
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2378201001_1_1_1.jpg (234.0 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg les-tropeziennes-narvil-noir.jpg (134.8 KB, 1 views)

19-05-2013
backstage pass

I haven't been buying anything new in the last few weeks. My summer wardrobe still needs some tweaking though. I'm thinking about getting an extra pair of sneakers, because one pair just isn't enough. And I also need some exta pants, I'm thinking navy and/or grey chinos.

I'm wearing a lot of solids lately and I love how clean and simple it looks/feels. Pretty much all of the solids in my closet go together so I rarely have to think if something works.

19-05-2013
Power to the 99%

^^ pretty white sandals! like the stacked heel.

20-05-2013
trendsetter

@Eizhowa: thx a bunch Nice sandals. Very classic. Should be good for as long as they will last.

Me:
I know I said I do not need any new summer clothes but I might have to buy/make a jersey dress of some sort. We had a strike of a heat wave saturday and although I figured out something to wear a simple, comfortable jersey dress would have been nice. Most of my dresses have sleeves or are crisp cotton dresses and I do not quite find them comfortable enough for the really hot temperatures.

I had the perfect jersey dress, striped and with the cutest cut. I think I took it to the attic but I can in no way find it. Will have to go looking for it again.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#4, 45, french, piece, wardrobe