How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

20-05-2013
front row

Nice sandals, eizhowa!

I've been really feeling the need for a jacket that's not too informal but not a blazer either. All I have is blazers and I feel too suited up as I usually wear trousers. I'll probably try to sort this during the sales.

20-05-2013
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbaraaa View Post
Nice sandals, eizhowa!

I've been really feeling the need for a jacket that's not too informal but not a blazer either. All I have is blazers and I feel too suited up as I usually wear trousers. I'll probably try to sort this during the sales.
Not sure a leather jacket is your thing, but I love those. Otherwise I would go for something draped and less structured. Hope you find what you are looking for?

I found the dress I was talking about, and a bunch of other things I can use for the warmer temperatures. Wore it immediately with a nude blazer and nude ballet flats.

Also I gathered a bunch stuff that I am taking to a trade-market next month.

21-05-2013
front row

Yeah, unfortunately leather jackets aren't my thing I just think they are a bit too constricting, if that makes sense. Something will show up, for sure. Great that you found that dress and other clothing that will serve you for this weather without having to shop!

22-05-2013
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbaraaa View Post
Yeah, unfortunately leather jackets aren't my thing I just think they are a bit too constricting, if that makes sense. Something will show up, for sure. Great that you found that dress and other clothing that will serve you for this weather without having to shop!
I do not feel that way personally, but I think I know how you feel

Of course something will show up. Maybe a bouclé jacket with good details? Something with a few up-to-date features. I guess that kind of jacket in its classic form will look a bit matronly with trousers.

And thank you, I love that dress so I was very happy finding it.

------

A couple of months ago I decided not to buy new black pumps since I did not wore the pair I already have a whole lot. Within the past months I have been wearing them quite a lot - seems easier when there is not snow on the ground and I have a car to get around. Point being: I think I need to add a pair of pumps to my list since the pair I have is worn and not very comfortable. I am not sure when to buy them since I have quite a lot of things on my AW list that I might get more use of but I have found a pair that I like so I might buy them now (well, next month, when I am done with not shopping).

They are available in both regular leather and a snake printed version and I am not quite sure which one I would want. On the one hand I find the snake printed version more interestering, and it would be a nice touch when wearing them with a regular leather skirt, jacket or bag to add some different structures, but I am not sure wether the ones in regular leather would be easier to take care of when they have had a couple of scrathes.

What would you do? Experiences very wellcome.

BTW: where IS everyone?

22-05-2013
fashion insider

^I don't know where everybody is, but I know they have to come back!

Do you have a picture of the pumps anywhere? There is a special place in my heart reserved for all things with snakeskin (including prints), but depending on the shoe, a basic leather might be more practical/useful.

Barbaraa: in my experience blazers/jackets without lapels are more casual, or blazers with a print of some sort. They make the outfit look less like a suit. I wore a lot of cropped trousers last year (They are all deceased or too big now) and I wore them with a white blazer (also gone. Stains) that I had altered. I had ironed the collars to stand up (making it seem collar-less in a way), and had the sleeves shortened, and changed the button.

Last edited by eizhowa; 22-05-2013 at 06:55 AM.

22-05-2013
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eizhowa View Post
^I don't know where everybody is, but I know they have to come back!

Do you have a picture of the pumps anywhere? There is a special place in my heart reserved for all things with snakeskin (including prints), but depending on the shoe, a basic leather might be more practical/useful.

Barbaraa: in my experience blazers/jackets without lapels are more casual, or blazers with a print of some sort. They make the outfit look less like a suit. I wore a lot of cropped trousers last year (They are all deceased or too big now) and I wore them with a white blazer (also gone. Stains) that I had altered. I had ironed the collars to stand up (making it seem collar-less in a way), and had the sleeves shortened, and changed the button.
I totally aggree!

Here's a picture of the shoes. They do not seem like the kind of snakeskin printed shoes that can not be taken care of with a little shoe polish but I am not sure wether the regular leather version would be better anyway. I just think the snakeskin printed ones would be perfect when wearing other leather items which I do quite a lot. Also it would make it less boring having to buy a basic item

Sounds really cool what you did with that blazer!

Pic via miinto.dk

22-05-2013
fashion insider

I think if it was up to me I would go for the solid leather version. The print is too big around the heel and toe for my liking. Am I insulting the snakes if I call it a dinosaur print?

I like the shape of the shoe. Is the solid black the same model?

22-05-2013
trendsetter

Quote:
I think if it was up to me I would go for the solid leather version. The print is too big around the heel and toe for my liking. Am I insulting the snakes if I call it a dinosaur print?

I like the shape of the shoe. Is the solid black the same model?

Well I am not doubting wether I like the looks of them. I really do and I like the idea of having something with a little structure, but I am not sure how easy it will be to mend scrathes on them. Or weather I should go for something more classic, like the regular ones - which are excactly the same model as the snake print one.

Decissions decissions

22-05-2013
fashion insider

Oh, the burden of First World problems...

22-05-2013
trendsetter

Quote:
Oh, the burden of First World problems...
Totally

Oh well. First of all I will have to find them in my size and try them on.

22-05-2013
Power to the 99%

I really like that snake print, betina. I think texture is actually a plus when it comes to wear ... it will show up much more on a plain smooth surface I think.

Picked up my skirt from the cleaners yesterday and I was amazed ... they totally fixed it I really was surprised, I couldn't see where the damage was at all. So, very excited about that ...

I've decided to wait a bit to shop for a blouse ... I think there will probably come a time as the warm weather wears on when I will really appreciate having something new, and I already have several new items to play with right now. Need to think about a replacement wallet ...

22-05-2013
front row

Thank you, eizhowa and Betina I was thinking a printed blazer but I'm afraid it'd clash with some of my printed blouses/skirts. I'm also considering a bouclé jacket. I saw a nice one in red, which I guess wouldn't look too matronly, but then again it would likely clash with some of my pieces too... but something more neutral is definitely an option.

And I like that snake print, Betina! But I definitely understand your uncertainties.

And yay for that skirt, fashionista-ta

22-05-2013
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionista-ta View Post
I really like that snake print, betina. I think texture is actually a plus when it comes to wear ... it will show up much more on a plain smooth surface I think.

Picked up my skirt from the cleaners yesterday and I was amazed ... they totally fixed it I really was surprised, I couldn't see where the damage was at all. So, very excited about that ...

I've decided to wait a bit to shop for a blouse ... I think there will probably come a time as the warm weather wears on when I will really appreciate having something new, and I already have several new items to play with right now. Need to think about a replacement wallet ...
Maybe you are right. I hope so. I really like them.

So happy to hear about your skirt! And great decission about the blouse. Then you will also have plenty of time to find the perfect one.

What are you thinking you will get wallet-wise?

22-05-2013
Power to the 99%

Very pretty red jacket, barbaraa. Definitely a statement color ... perhaps it could be in heavy rotation this season, and then next year you could add something more neutral.

Possibly a Lanvin wallet? Not sure yet. The satin top edge to the 'evening bag' I am using now has worn through ... I'm going to see if I can get something appliqued on top to cover the wear. And then I will use it for something else that doesn't see as much heavy use. For the wallet, I need all leather ...

Very pretty shape also on the pump, betina.

Last edited by fashionista-ta; 22-05-2013 at 03:41 PM.

22-05-2013
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betinapple View Post
BTW: where IS everyone?
I can tell for myself (and missing everyone gone) that I was busy dealing with annoying, slow and dreadful bureaucracy regarding my thesis, so my presentation was delayed for one month.
In the meantime I was working hard for a job project so that I had time to prepare for the presentation after completing it.
To sum up - I graduated from university today!

So that I would not be off topic :p (<-- that smiley is awful, btw), I wore McQueen sandals for the first time and they are medium comfortable,
but as nervous as I was today I would have troubles walking in sneakers.
Can't believe it's over.

Betina, I love the idea of snakeskin textured shoes and agree that black pumps can be a little ... well, nothing special. Your choice can be as versatile as black are.

Barbaraaa, I was going to suggest Mango for a jacket of that kind, they have a huge selection of similar ones. Are you comfortable with neutral coloured one, like nude or beige? It would go well with black and also with printed tops.

Ta-ta, so great for the skirt! I know you know I love it.

It never gets easier, you just go faster. (LeMond)

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#4, 45, french, piece, wardrobe