How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

24-02-2013
Power to the 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliette View Post
Thanks girls! Though I kind of sort of love that white top, it would actually look kinda cool if it was sheer. I'd wear a long bralette under it and I think it would look great, or even a nude tank like the model... I really like that look!

Betinapple You know those girls that make beauty and fashion videos on Youtube? Well, I'm obsessed with them, I watch soooo many. And it feels like every single one of them has the Mini Mac bag! They're kind of getting the same reputation as the Tory Burch flats and McQueen skull scarves, but I don't care, I love them all. It is kind of small though, I could only fit the essentials, but then again, I don't carry much with me if I'm not going to work.

Zara won't be getting more of those shirts, unfortunately, I already asked. I'll have to check their store in another city next week when I'm there.

And I'm going to a local store that sell the skull scarves next week, I'm so excited. I hope they have a color I like!
forgot to mention ... have you tried on the reva flats? unfortunately for me they are very uncomfortable, but obviously alot of people are wearing them. this would be a good item to try on in person.

skulls are still edgy, but almost becoming a classic motif at this point ... they are not me, but if they were, i'd wear the scarf to work. glad you have a shop where you can see them i bet they have more good things there too.

i think you're right about the wang bag being heavy, but i think it's also fairly small. will check on it next time i go shopping.

24-02-2013
Power to the 99%

Quote:
^That's good to hear. This is going to be a bit of dark humour, but once (in my I'm-14-and-I'm-an-angry-emo) phase, I showed up to see my grandmother in the hospital with a black and white skull belt. Oh my god, it was so inappopriate, WHY didn't my mother stop me? Now I'm very careful about where I wear prints like that.
About the scarf - I've wanted it for years, ever since I first saw it. I don't care if it's trendy or whatever, I would treasure it and wear it forever. Even when I'm 80 and wrinkly. :p I wanted to get one from Topshop, or Zara or something, but I just want the McQueen one so badly... Everyone knows about it too, they all make fun of me for wanting to spend so much on a scarf. I do admit the price is too much, but... my precioussssssss

Betinapple I'm studying bibliography! But so many more things interest me. Right now I work at a semi-natural cosmetics/perfume/skincare/etc store and I love it! You know, you're making me want two scarves now, one for my free time, and one for work! Oh, a girl can dream...
omg, too funny!!! just don't start resembling gollum please ...

if the scarf turns out to be a real go-to for you, a second one next year or so might be a good idea. does it come in your work colors?

24-02-2013
trendsetter

Juliette; You sound so passionate about it I think you should buy it, but you may first get some staples you're talking about in the other thread?

Ta-ta, I'm curious what do you think about 'my' Jil Sander shoes.

It never gets easier, you just go faster. (LeMond)

24-02-2013
Power to the 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinadaze View Post
Juliette; You sound so passionate about it I think you should buy it, but you may first get some staples you're talking about in the other thread?

Ta-ta, I'm curious what do you think about 'my' Jil Sander shoes.
i think they're gorgeous & you got good advice from betinapple. i do remember trying on some really uncomfortable jil shoes, so i'd check the return policy carefully ...

btw juliette, i see that they have been so good as to make the scarf in your uniform colors so good that there are several to choose from in that color scheme alone ...

24-02-2013
Power to the 99%

PS looks like the pink & white may make the most sense for you?

24-02-2013
trendsetter

Thank you! Comfortability is my only concern actually, because I can already name quite a few occasions in the near future that I would wear them to,
and I think they can be worn to work too. Not on a daily basis, but still seem business appropriate.
Eithey way I would made myself wearing them because they are freaking gorgeous indeed.

It never gets easier, you just go faster. (LeMond)

25-02-2013
trendsetter

@Juliette: Somethimes people think I am insane for spending a high price at something simple. They only see the design, not the quality. Since you have been wanting it for years I definetely think it is a good choice to buy the real deal.

That sounds very interesting. What kind of job are you hoping to get once you finish your studies? Could you wear the white on black scarf at your current job?

25-02-2013
rising star

fashionista-ta You do have a point, I have actually heard that the Revas are uncomfortable... Unfortunately, I have nowhere to try them on, unless I travel somewhere. They're mostly on the list because I used to be obsessed with them, though, I love the design. Especially the turquoise ones with the silver logo. Though I won't be buying them anytime soon, I don't like wearing ballet flats that much, I feel like I look so chubby in them. And I have a gorgeous new nude pair that I love, so I think I'm covered for now.

The shop that stocks the skull scarves is really intimidating to me... I called there the other day and asked about the scarves and the prices and I got almost scared to go in, I'll feel so out of place. I'm afraid of shopping assistants, honestly. But I'll do it!

The scarf does come in my work colours (white and beige), but I don't think I'll invest in that particular one, since this job is more of a student thing. It wouldn't be a problem if I wore it to work in different colours, though. Maybe just more subtly, plus I could hide it behind my apron anyway. I'll decide when I see them in person and you're right, the pink and white might be just right for me, too!

Jinadaze I know, I know, you're totally right, but I want it so badly. I've wanted it for so long and now I finally have enough money. I'm not sure I can resist... But I'll try my hardest. :p

Betinapple Thank you for the words of encouragement. Once I'm done with school? Well, my dream job would be to be a writer. Other than that I would love to work in a bookstore or with fashion/cosmetics/beauty in general. A magazine would also be great... I have way too many interests.

25-02-2013
trendsetter

@Juliette: nothing wrong with having lots of passion I think you should go for the black/white one if that is what you want the most. Does not seem like you will be working in a too conservative environment.

25-02-2013
rising star

^Yes, I think that would me the most versatile. Though it will be another hard decision between black and white or white and black. Oh my god, I'm complicating things so much.

By the way, I've always liked the look of chunky chain necklaces, I think I'm going to add some to my shopping list. I first saw them on a Youtuber, I think her name is Alex, her usernamee is hrhcollection. She also sells the necklaces, but I'd prefer something from Europe so I don't have to pay taxes... I think she's such a stylish girl too.

Some photos:

hrhcollection.net

I really like the look of two of these necklaces with a simple black tee, like the one I got recently, and some denim cutoffs, maybe a boyfriend blazer. I'm trying to find some on Etsy...

25-02-2013
trendsetter

@Juliette: I would go for black with white skulls. It will look nice with your white dresses and the white tops on your shopping list but also black tops and dresses. I do not think the white will go that well with white tops.

You should be able to find necklaces like that on e-bay for a reasonable amount.

25-02-2013
Power to the 99%

Quote:
fashionista-ta You do have a point, I have actually heard that the Revas are uncomfortable... Unfortunately, I have nowhere to try them on, unless I travel somewhere. They're mostly on the list because I used to be obsessed with them, though, I love the design. Especially the turquoise ones with the silver logo. Though I won't be buying them anytime soon, I don't like wearing ballet flats that much, I feel like I look so chubby in them. And I have a gorgeous new nude pair that I love, so I think I'm covered for now.

The shop that stocks the skull scarves is really intimidating to me... I called there the other day and asked about the scarves and the prices and I got almost scared to go in, I'll feel so out of place. I'm afraid of shopping assistants, honestly. But I'll do it!

The scarf does come in my work colours (white and beige), but I don't think I'll invest in that particular one, since this job is more of a student thing. It wouldn't be a problem if I wore it to work in different colours, though. Maybe just more subtly, plus I could hide it behind my apron anyway. I'll decide when I see them in person and you're right, the pink and white might be just right for me, too!

Jinadaze I know, I know, you're totally right, but I want it so badly. I've wanted it for so long and now I finally have enough money. I'm not sure I can resist... But I'll try my hardest. :p

Betinapple Thank you for the words of encouragement. Once I'm done with school? Well, my dream job would be to be a writer. Other than that I would love to work in a bookstore or with fashion/cosmetics/beauty in general. A magazine would also be great... I have way too many interests.
if you don't like how you look in ballets, i would skip them then. maybe what you really like is the color combination?

well, don't be afraid of SAs ... they are there to help you. most are nice ... there are some who switch between sucking up & being snotty--both modes are painful i just wait for someone to offer to help me, & generally i like that person pretty well. def don't buy from someone who didn't treat you well.

there is one store here where the shoe dept has a lot of snotty SAs. there's nothing better than watching the jaw of the SA who walked right by you drop as you buy a very nice pair of shoes from someone else. i avoid the place if i can, but the buyers are good & sometimes it's my only option.

you are so friendly that i'm sure they will love you. i'm sure you'll have fun looking at all the different color options & deciding. i too would definitely not buy the work colors first.

25-02-2013
Power to the 99%

PS does yoox ship to you? looks like they ship from italy.

26-02-2013
trendsetter

@Ta-ta: I aggree regarding the ballet flats. You should never buy anything that you do not feel right wearing. I make that mistake myself once in a while.

26-02-2013
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betinapple View Post
@Ta-ta: I aggree regarding the ballet flats. You should never buy anything that you do not feel right wearing. I make that mistake myself once in a while.
Oh yes, I've made that mistake, too. Especially happens when something is often declared a must-have and you start believing it. Or when Lots of great versions of an item turn up - but still that item isn't you. For example I have been tempted to buy shorts lately - but shorts just aren't for me, no matter how pretty.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#4, 45, french, piece, wardrobe