How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

26-05-2013
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by eizhowa View Post
Juliette, nice to hear the method is working for you How is your black skirt holding up (the one Ta-ta found)? You mentioned that it was prone to wrinkling? Is it too hot for the summer?

I'm not sure how I feel about the bra You are already showing a lot of skin if you wear shorts and a sheer shirt. I think that your gut feeling telling you that it might be a bit too much is correct I think a pretty lace underneath a sheer shirt would be more sexy. All the sequins and beads would distract from your own beauty, and I don't think clothes should overshadow the person.
Thank you! The black skirt is actually a little bit problematic, because it's very very wrinkly ... I have worn it to a few events where I had to stand up and I got two compliments on it! But whenever I have to sit down, it doesn't end up looking too well ... I am still thinking about what to do with it. But thank you for remembering!

Oh, you put that so nicely, I really appreciate it. I actually found myself agreeing with you as I was reading your post. A simple black lace bralet would be much better. I actually have a really beautiful one at home that might work perfectly. You kind of opened my eyes here! Thank you!

By the way girls, where is fashionista-ta? I miss her!

26-05-2013
trendsetter

I too want to go into the business of complaining! I am goood at complaining - my friends often bring me when they have to take items back

----------

@Juliette:
so happy to hear how everything is working out for you. Sounds like some nice items - would love to see your vintage finds.

I was a bit ... hesitant when I saw the sequined bras on your pinterest. Mainly because I have only seen them on danish teen bloggers. Anyhow, I probably would not wear them with shorts but with a classy white shirt and a pencil skirt I think it could work. I would probably go for something lace instead, as Eizhowa said.

26-05-2013
front row

Betina I know, I know, it's not something I would normally pick out, but the hype got the best of me. I don't think I'm brave enough to wear one, and I'm not sure that it's my style, really. So your opinions have, once again, really helped me!

Oh, and here is the other floral skirt, in an unifinished outfit, I was just trying on what I got.

26-05-2013
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliette View Post
Betina I know, I know, it's not something I would normally pick out, but the hype got the best of me. I don't think I'm brave enough to wear one, and I'm not sure that it's my style, really. So your opinions have, once again, really helped me!

Oh, and here is the other floral skirt, in an unifinished outfit, I was just trying on what I got.
Sometimes it is nice to think outside of the box and I do not consider it a total no-go depending on the price.

Really nice skirt - I like the outfit as well.

---

I spend an hour this afternoon/evening making a draped A Wang like skirt. Really happy with the result and the materials only cost me 5 bucks.

26-05-2013
fashion insider

^Did you learn to sow on your own, or did you take classes? My mother is always telling me I need to learn how to sow.

26-05-2013
trendsetter

Quote:
^Did you learn to sow on your own, or did you take classes? My mother is always telling me I need to learn how to sow.
I had sowing classes in school for a year or so. All students in ground school has that in Denmark. Then I did a few pieces back in my early teens and just took up sowing again. I am still a beginner - I had a skilled friend help me with the bow dress and the denim skirt.

This skirt is super easy though and even though jersey is a bit hard to handle it is also very forgiving. I will send you the guide, if you want it

26-05-2013
fashion insider

^I won't have room for a sewing machine (I do have one. A mint green one from the 60s, I think. Husqvarna.) until I move to a larger flat in a few years, but that is a very kind offer

I had mandatory sewing classes in school too. Made a handbag. It was not pretty

Would be nice to learn how to hem a dress, though.

--
I have been invited to a wedding in July, and I have finally bought a dress and shoes. No bag. I have no idea what kind of bag would go with my shoes and dress. I like matching shoes/bags for weddings, but since my shoes are a nude shade I have no idea how that would work... Any suggestions would be appreciated

I feel like I have bought so much lately, and I have found quite a lot more I would like. Right now I am trying to resist two items. I found a second hand beige Hermes Cashmere sweater at a reasonable price(you know, considering..), and a pair unused Vivienne Westwood Pirate boots in the color I always fantasized about. Trying to resist getting everything... I am trying to focus on flaws. The Hermes sweater could be a deeper/warmer beige, and I have never tried on the Westwood boots. They could be terribly unflattering and uncomfortable for all I know...

pinterest
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 318470_in_xl.jpg (288.0 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg bbdac9c0ef522d3444636c2f2a81312b.jpg (67.0 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by eizhowa; 26-05-2013 at 04:58 PM.

26-05-2013
trendsetter

Quote:
^I won't have room for a sewing machine (I do have one. A mint green one from the 60s, I think. Husqvarna.) until I move to a larger flat in a few years, but that is a very kind offer

I had mandatory sewing classes in school too. Made a handbag. It was not pretty

Would be nice to learn how to hem a dress, though.

--
I have been invited to a wedding in July, and I have finally bought a dress and shoes. No bag. I have no idea what kind of bag would go with my shoes and dress. I like matching shoes/bags for weddings, but since my shoes are a nude shade I have no idea how that would work... Any suggestions would be appreciated

I feel like I have bought so much lately, and I have found quite a lot more I would like. Right now I am trying to resist two items. I found a second hand beige Hermes Cashmere sweater at a reasonable price(you know, considering..), and a pair unused Vivienne Westwood Pirate boots in the color I always fantasized about. Trying to resist getting everything... I am trying to focus on flaws. The Hermes sweater could be a deeper/warmer beige, and I have never tried on the Westwood boots. They could be terribly unflattering and uncomfortable for all I know...

pinterest
I would like to have a place to keep mine permanently. ATM I will put it on the dining table when I want to sow.

Nice items you have bought. Where did you get the pumps? Still considering a pair in nude as well.

I think something golden for the handbag would be very nice. Maybe a box clutch.

26-05-2013
fashion insider

^That's not a bad idea. Thank you There are some metallic details on the dress. I'll keep my eyes open for a golden box clutch. Will go nice with my gold jewelry too... Oh, how nice it is when the world makes sense again...

The pumps are from Net-a-Porter, but they also sell them via the outnet. They cost 100 euro both places. I'll tell you how they are in real life when I get them ( should be some time tomorrow).

Last edited by eizhowa; 26-05-2013 at 05:21 PM.

26-05-2013
trendsetter

Quote:
^That's not a bad idea. Thank you There are some metallic details on the dress. I'll keep my eyes open for a golden box clutch. Will go nice with my gold jewelry too... Oh, how nice it is when the world makes sense again...

The pumps are from Net-a-Porter, but they also sell them via the outnet. They cost 100 euro both places. I'll tell you how they are in real life when I get them ( should be some time tomorrow).
Ah yes, love that feeling

Please do, they look lovely.

26-05-2013
trendsetter

Ugh, I had a long post written and it's gone. The new forum should have an auto-save content option.

Wanted to suggest this Mango clutch I saw the other day to Eizhowa.

The golden one, as Betina said, would look very beautiful as well.

And about my shopping - my last purchase was actualy this black COS skirt from the middle of March and I got some pieces gifted since then. I don't feel any need for shopping though, probably because in the last few weeks I was so occupated and now we have this awful weather, almost winted-like cold, windy and rainy it's getting depressing. I can count the days I was able to wear short sleeves in this year on the fingers of one hand.

Have to say I'm really glad I finally managed to get a Jil Sander perfume I was lusting over since last October. I cound't get it anywhere else that on some German website from where my bf ordered it for me.
I have a bit of obsession with perfumes, but hardly find the one for my taste. And looks like I have troubles finding oh-so-wanted things from Jil Sander in general.

It never gets easier, you just go faster. (LeMond)

Last edited by Jinadaze; 26-05-2013 at 08:01 PM.

26-05-2013
fashion insider

Well, I just wrote a long-ish reply about how much I hate it when that happens, and now it is gone too If you bring up the auto-save thing in the "forum upgrade" thread I'll back you and we'll get the ball rolling

I actually already found a bag, but thank you for coming to my rescue so quickly I am negotiating a price right now. Since both the shoes and the dress are new and quite modern, I felt like getting a vintage bag. The bag I found is a 40s/50s gold mesh clutch, with peach lining and the original box (which shouldn't really matter, but it does). I am not posting a picture anywhere until it is mine. I am not going to advertise for an item when there is only one available...

Yay on getting the perfume! I love discovering new perfumes.

27-05-2013
trendsetter

Quote:
Well, I just wrote a long-ish reply about how much I hate it when that happens, and now it is gone too If you bring up the auto-save thing in the "forum upgrade" thread I'll back you and we'll get the ball rolling

I actually already found a bag, but thank you for coming to my rescue so quickly I am negotiating a price right now. Since both the shoes and the dress are new and quite modern, I felt like getting a vintage bag. The bag I found is a 40s/50s gold mesh clutch, with peach lining and the original box (which shouldn't really matter, but it does). I am not posting a picture anywhere until it is mine. I am not going to advertise for an item when there is only one available...

Yay on getting the perfume! I love discovering new perfumes.
Sounds like a great clutch and I really understand you in regards of not posting any pictures. How much is it, if I may ask?

----------

Jina: I feel you. Actually the past few weeks of not shopping has been easy since I feel like I have got everything I need. Congrats on the perfume! I am very picky as well and somewhat afraid of ending up as an old lady wearing too much perfume because she has been wearing the same one for decades..

-----------------

Me:
I am considering the snake printed pumps I was talking about, for my June item. Then I will still have 4 items left for my SS season which I may or may not use depending on what I will come across - I will want to maybe get a thrifted item or two during my vacation at my mom's and in Berlin, if something good shows up.

Planning wise I am already at fall though, since I have a lot of things that I will want to get. Including a dress and a skirt I saw in the lookbooks.

27-05-2013
front row

Thank you for your answers re: the trench coat I wore it today. It was cold and rainy, but I think I would have worn it even if it wasn't prone to rain - thank you for reassuring me! I've also noticed that the unrolled sleeves aren't even full length, so this could indeed be a perfect jacket.

27-05-2013
fashion insider

^You are welcome

I received the nude pumps today Betina. I love them They are easy to walk in, the heel is not too high, and the color is nice. I have very pale legs, but the color of the shoes would also work for a person with a light(/medium?) tan. On my screen, the color in the picture above is the true color. Best of all, the pumps make my legs look very long They were a pain to put on the first time, but I think that was mainly because I had just had a long nap in a warm room (Heat and sleeping makes your feet temporarily larger). They are all leather, except for the outer sole, so they should break in nicely too Definitely worth the 100 euros I paid Came in a pretty box too. I have a thing for boxes at the moment, I think

I managed to get the clutch down from 82 USD to 50. I am attaching some pictures. It is a very small clutch, but I like how old purses are so tiny It only needs to fit a phone, credit card and lipstick.

etsy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg il_570xN.429492849_7hcy.jpg (88.6 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg il_570xN.429492885_my9a.jpg (84.3 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by eizhowa; 27-05-2013 at 01:27 PM.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#4, 45, french, piece, wardrobe