How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

31-05-2013
trendsetter

Me too, they are improving, but still don't have all the items modelled, I think not even a half.
I don't have any problems with any kind of sleeves and with fit of the clothes in general (except in finding pants that are long enough, as I mentioned before).
And of course I don't mind.

It never gets easier, you just go faster. (LeMond)

31-05-2013
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionista-ta View Post
I think the two of you starting a complaining business is a great idea, btw I would love to hire someone to b!tch for me ... really. I can do it, and perhaps none better when I give it my full attention and ingenuity (she says oh so modestly) ... but I find it exhausting. I don't mean to encourage you to waste your fancy degrees and everything, but ...
My degrees are unfortunately already being wasted by the Portuguese economy, so... My boyfriend started suggesting we started our own business. Of course I mentioned this idea. He didn't seem interested. I already had a slogan and all... "Owning your b*tches for you"

I agree that COS should have pictures of the clothes worn. I often wander on that website trying to understand whether the clothes are loose or fitted or anywhere inbetween.
Jinadaze, if you're unsure, I'd wait - the sales are what, two weeks away or something like that?

31-05-2013
trendsetter

I think they begin in July.

And I hear you about finding the job, I think economy in our country is currently similar as in yours ... it's horrible indeed as it invades in many aspects of life, but I know many people who found their jobs in recent months and I am sure you will to, just don't give up and keep trying ...

It never gets easier, you just go faster. (LeMond)

31-05-2013
front row

Ah, in here they start in July too, but in mid-late June there are already "promotions", whre most items are nicely priced down and start selling out

Thank you, I'm trying to keep positive. And yes, I think Slovenia is in a similar situation... Congrats on getting a job, btw!

01-06-2013
backstage pass

Hi everyone!!

Sorry for being away for soooo long but I needed some time off. We went on a holiday in the beginning of May and I just didn't want to spend any money on clothing / shoes / accessories... And it worked! I paid less attention to the online stores and pinterest and all those sources of inspiration. And I suddenly felt a lot less "in need" of buying anything.

Now I will allow myself my three sales items when the sale starts. I have a little lists with items I am watching:
  • A pair of flat sandals
  • A necklace
  • A scarf
  • A short sleeved blouse
  • A clutch
  • A pair of loafers or slippers

What I'll get will depend on what goes on sale and with what reduction... I'm excited already! But it definitely felt great to give spending a break and enjoy what is in my wardrobe!

01-06-2013
front row

R&N, good to have you back! sounds good, taking a break. hope you had a lovely holiday.

Jin, I like that COS dress, but jersey is perhaps not the ideal material for the sort of dress you want... still, it's hard to say - if it's thick jersey, it will drape differently from when the material is thinner... hmmmn. a couple thoughts: COS usually has a lot of good dresses, perhaps this one is not The One, but they might have something else? also, their returns-system is very easy and returns are free (at least from the Netherlands). perhaps it is worth taking a chance? sale will start in a couple weeks, and before then, they have a code for free shipping (the code is: SUMMERTREAT)

02-06-2013
trendsetter

@Eva: wow - and I thought my 3 weddings this year was a lot! Is all of the weddings with the same guests? If not maybe you can use some of the dresses more than once. That is what I would do.

Did you sort out your jacket situation?

@Jina: I am not quite sure what I would do about the dress. I guess it depends on how much you wanted. If you would not be too disappointed if it is gone by the time the sales start I would probably wait. Especially since it is jersey and therefore maybe not what you are looking for.

@Red: welcome back - you have been missed. Taking a break from all the materialism can be nice once in a while Looking forward to see what you will be getting in the sales.

---------

I sort of ordered a maxidress. Which was not part of my plan, and I am still not sure wether it will work out for me.

I love maxidresses but have sold all of the ones I have owned previously since they were all coloured/patterned which is not really my thing at the moment. Yesterday I saw a nice one on a blogger; black, spaghettistraps and low back. Very nice and appropriate for fall as well paired with boots and a leather jacket (which is pretty inmportant since the summer is only so long..). Assuming it looks good on me I guess it will be a nice addition since I love maxi dresses for summer and although I believed that my summer wardrobe where well-stocked it is appearently not the case.

I was hoping to keep within 10 purchases this season, but this one will be my 7th should I keep it. And my season does not end until August. Not sure how that will turn out since I probably will go thrifting when going to Berlin this summer. And also have a couple of things on my list from the AW collections, that will be in stores in the beginning of August. I guess it does not matter as long as I am focused on buying the right things.

02-06-2013
tfs star

^If it makes you feel any better, I can't keep to the 4-5 per season either. I just try to buy less, and better.

Hopefully if the items I get are good enough they will last and I can buy less and less as time passes

02-06-2013
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eizhowa View Post
^If it makes you feel any better, I can't keep to the 4-5 per season either. I just try to buy less, and better.

Hopefully if the items I get are good enough they will last and I can buy less and less as time passes
It does :p

And I am buying less and better, and I guess that is what is important. Also I can see a clear improvement from last season. For AW12 I bought 6 items within the first two months - in the second month i bought 5 (!) items. I am halfway through my season and I have bought 6 items. Two in March, Three in April and one in May. 3 of these being winter items.

02-06-2013
front row

I'm with eizhowa on this one - I also focus on buying less things, getting my wear out of them, and getting better quality things that will last me a while. I think you're doing great, Betina.

02-06-2013
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliette View Post
I'm with eizhowa on this one - I also focus on buying less things, getting my wear out of them, and getting better quality things that will last me a while. I think you're doing great, Betina.
Thx - you're sweet I am trying at least.

02-06-2013
tfs star

Maybe after one year I will draw a graph of my purchases per month... I like graphs

02-06-2013
Automated Thread Manager

This thread is now closed it has a continuation thread Here

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#4, 45, french, piece, wardrobe