How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

26-02-2013
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedandNavy View Post
Oh yes, I've made that mistake, too. Especially happens when something is often declared a must-have and you start believing it. Or when Lots of great versions of an item turn up - but still that item isn't you. For example I have been tempted to buy shorts lately - but shorts just aren't for me, no matter how pretty.
I was almost making that mistake with t-shirts. T-shirts are not for me. I feel weird wearing them. Not dressy enough. But last year a white tee made its way to my musthavelist because it is "a thing that should be in every wardrobe". I did not end up buying one.

Those universal musthaves can be nice because most of them is really good to have but you need to be true to yourself wether they fit YOU.

26-02-2013
backstage pass

Juliette: I just thought I'd post what pink scarfs I found, if you are still interested in pink.

Hot pink with white skulls, Viscose:
http://www.mytheresa.com/en-de/skull...rf-200056.html

Merlot and fuchsia, very pretty:
http://www.net-a-porter.com/product/322703

Light pink, very descrete:
http://www.net-a-porter.com/product/322702

There is white with pink skulls as well. Mine is a pashmina btw, I saw just now that you are not looking for cashmere/pashmina... So I guess you don't want mine after all

26-02-2013
Power to the 99%

btw, i think the complete selection is shown at alexandermcqueen.com. they have a page with all the colorways knotted & another with them laid flat, which i thought was quite nice you can also select just silk.

that merlot colorway would be so nice for fall.

26-02-2013
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionista-ta View Post
btw, i think the complete selection is shown at alexandermcqueen.com. they have a page with all the colorways knotted & another with them laid flat, which i thought was quite nice you can also select just silk.

that merlot colorway would be so nice for fall.
I really love the merlot one, too. So beautiful! I'll have to go and look at the McQueen side then, too :p

26-02-2013
backstage pass

Oh, btw, mine must be this one but with opposite colors:

http://www.alexandermcqueen.eu/Alexa...,en_GB,pd.html

27-02-2013
trendsetter

I bought a leather jacket. The most important thing on my musthavelist. Yay me :p

I love, love, love it!

Right now I do not want to think about shopping since this will be my March purchase, but I will come back with a revised shoppinglist within a couple of days.

27-02-2013
front row

Betinapple, you look great as alwys, love the draping on that leather jacket!

Also loving the discussion of the skull scarves - I agree, the merlot is very gorgeous, but wouldn't really fit with my colour scheme... Right now I'm deciding between the black & white and the pink & white that RedandNavy posted (I really really love that one!) I'm going to see them in person, probably tomorrow, but I only have 200€, so I hope that will be enough, they might be more expensive here... Wish me lucky with the SA!

I was also in Zara yesterday and am happy to say that I tracked down the tee I got in black! They only had one left, in my size! And it was in a grey colour, so I got it. I think I'll wear it a lot when it gets warmer. While I was in there I also spotted a GORGEOUS pair of pants, and this is really weird coming from me because I almost never wear pants/jeans/trousers. But these were just so lovely! They were a really hot fuchsia colour, cropped (I think 7/8) and had a pleat down the front... I NEED to try them on! Please tell me what you think about them. I would wear them with a grey or black tee and a chunky silver chain necklace + some sunglasses

zara.com

Edit: Oh, as I was writing this, I got an e-mail that I got my paycheck, yaaaaaay Now I have some extra spending money. Definitely going to check out the pants and scarves tomorrow, I'm taking my boyfriend with me so he can protect me from the sales people. :p

27-02-2013
trendsetter

@Juliette: I've missed you Thx for the kind words.

So happy to see that you got another tee. I am really looking forward to see what scarf you end up buying.

I love the pants - they are gorgeous. BUT I think you should think carefully about wether you should get them. You have a lot of things on your list that I think you could get more use out of (like shoes, bags, sunglasses). I think I would focus on those first. How much do they cost, the pants?

27-02-2013
front row

^Thank you! I'm looking forward to it too! Right now I have no idea which one I'll choose.

You're completely right. But they're just one of those items you fall in love with at first sight, so I had to ask for your opinion here. They're 39.95€, so not expensive at all. The reason I'm deciding if I should get them is because they might go out of stock, while the sunglasses and purses will wait for me. And I still have to try on the Ray Bans before I order them, and I haven't found a shop that stocks them here yet (went to four yesterday!!) I know, I know - I'm just making excuses :p, but man, do I love those pants!

I know I may seem like I dropped off the wagon , so I'll just tell you that I went shopping with one of my best friends yesterday and I only bought the grey tee, which I really wanted. There were tons of other things I liked, but I resisted the temptation. This is seriously big for me, because if I did this a few months ago, I would've spent everything and probably even borrowed some money from my friend. I feel better.

27-02-2013
trendsetter

@Juliette: I know how you feel! Sometimes when i make excuses it is because I REALLY want an item and it will be great in my wardrobe - sometimes it ends up being one of those things I hardly ever wear. I see how they could be one of the things you go to when you're uninspired but at the same time, even though they are cheap they still cost 1/5 of what a pair of raybans cost. I feel your pain though Just think thoroughly about it.

And I think you are doing really good!

27-02-2013
Power to the 99%

juliette, i like the pants, very pretty ... agree you should try them on as fit is critical & i think you may be like me, a tad difficult to fit?

i think you've been wearing the leopard pants alot, right?

just wanted to mention something i noticed looking at your board that i've also experienced myself ... pink is actually a really challenging color IMO.

so on your board you can see you have hot pink, baby pink, purple that's kinda close to pink, & peachy pink. these do not all mix.

i have a lot of purple, & it pretty much goes together ... lavender, mauve, eggplant, i can mix it up.

pinks are different ... so i would recommend being careful about that as you will want to be able to combine the different pieces, esp if you get a pink bag. whatever you have, take it along when you go shopping if at all possible.

suggest focusing in on one type of pink ...

maybe it's time to make a shopping list for the next few months? you've found a T you like at a price point you like ... maybe you can continue on with those (or similar) & get the rest of the 4 you wanted. we know you want the scarf it looks like maybe you found a black skirt. do you have enough pieces for work for the warm weather, or do you need to focus there? once the weather warms up, experience will also show you where any holes are ...

27-02-2013
front row

I like the cut of those pants, but again, pants are a very personal fit and you should check them out carefully.

I also agree with fashionista-ta. I personally like pink too, and I find all the tones flattering on me... however, I only really buy tops, so there's no chance of pinks clashing as I wear them with black, gray, etc. Pinks are very hard to pull off together.

27-02-2013
trendsetter

Juliette, 7/8 pants can look odd if not worn with heels, so you definitely should try them on first.

Looks like I'll have to made up my mind about getting those Jil Sander shoes by Monday, since the sale will end that day and all the discounted items will be removed from the site. They are 80 % off, btw.
I was planning on getting them in the second week of March, so I'll have to see now ...

Also I wanted to buy a spring jacket soon, but I already have a perfect leather jacket, black and burgundy blazer, all in a very good conditon.
So I wanted to buy a new black or navy one, but longline. Now I discovered a better option, since the spring here doesn't last a long time (we are literaly going from a woolen winter coat to short sleeves ); a longline waistcoat.
I love the elongated silhouette and it's very practical too. I hope I will get this one in Zara (I don't usually buy stuff there anymore since the lack of quality, but am really satisfied with their blazers, my black one is about 4 years old and it's practically like new), I love it's construction.

zara
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1302104000_1_1_6_web.jpg (44.7 KB, 0 views)

It never gets easier, you just go faster. (LeMond)

27-02-2013
Power to the 99%

^ that sounds like a good option for your weather ... we have the same thing here, spring can be the blink of an eye. right now we are back to the cold weather after a few springy days ... as per usual.

my only thought is this is very on-trend right now ... will you still love it when it's not?

btw, the issue i had with the jil shoes i tried on was a very thin ankle strap that cut into me like a knife. it looks like the construction/design of these is a bit better, but could have the same issue. not saying you shouldn't try, but it ticks me off if i have to eat return shipping ... if i've spent $$ & have nothing to show for it. but, i also have quite decent shopping within 50 miles, i just have to get up & go. i know some of you aren't that close to a major shopping city. and, you may have a better shipping deal.

Last edited by fashionista-ta; 27-02-2013 at 09:19 PM.

27-02-2013
Power to the 99%

PS juliette, what are the pants made of?

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#4, 45, french, piece, wardrobe