How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

08-07-2013
front row

eizhowa I started posting here in January I think, so it is my first fall season, yes! For fall I'm actually going for more classic and versatile pieces, since I seem to really be lacking those.

Jina Thanks for the advice! I'm going to check them out tomorrow.

Well, here is my list for fall (I will do another one for winter, when I see how cold it gets here). I went, as I mentioned, for more classic items this time. I don't plan on getting everything, but I hope to get the ankle boots, the sweater and the skirt. The LBD I wanted unfortunately sold out, as well as the white dress I really liked, so that upset me a bit, but at least now I can start planning for next season. I think I'm pretty much set for summer, except maybe a summer dress. If you have any suggestions for me about any of these - you know where to find me. I'm also still deciding about which ankle boots to get ... The Wang booties are my favourite, but really expensive. But I really like them all and hope to own all of them one day. Oh, and ta-ta, as you can see, I'm still lusting after that striped sweater you pinned a long time ago ... I just think it's perfect! And I have also decided not to shop at H&M and Zara, except for the basic tees, as Jina suggested, because I'm really disappointed with the quality, especially that of my striped sweater which is now enormous and very stretched out ...

08-07-2013
front row

My boyfriend is staying over, thus my absence... so this is a quick post to say my Leather Satchel Company bag arrived. It's a bit heavy, but it's really not too stiff - a complaint I'd often read about the Cambridges. My only complaint is that a couple of days ago it got 20 pounds cheaper... damn it

08-07-2013
trendsetter

Juliette, too bad your dress got sold out, but since you don't need it necessarily maybe that's a good thing, a way to fatten up your savings.

I love those Wang boots, but I think I will never buy anything from him. I think they are plenty of reasons not to. I found some knock-offs, really similar pair on Choies website. Maybe you should check there?

I have a feeling like the summer will be gone so soon that investing in a white summer dress would be pointless for me atm. I got three dresses last year in London (I truly love shopping there ) and I am wearing all of them a lot. Actually I got a lot of great spring/summer pieces there, so I didn't have a need for big amounts of new stuff.

Betina, photography was one of my majors in University since the beggining and I am dealing with it for 6 years now. Also had it for my thesis theme.

Barbaraaa, so great about the bag! I feel bags should be a little heavier, it seems the quality is so much better if the leather is thicker. Wear it well!

It never gets easier, you just go faster. (LeMond)

08-07-2013
Power to the 99%

barbara, is the price lower at the same place you bought it? If so, I think you can ask for an adjustment.

betina, I'm wanting to focus on some things my house needs ... plus I spent alot for spring, so this way I can bring the total for the year down to a more reasonable level

08-07-2013
front row

Barabara, yay for the bag ! The ticker it is, the best IMO ^^ Enjoy your quality time

Juliette, really focused list ! I really like the striped t-shirt & the tan/suede boots

Jina, I now share your love of London, after being frustrated with it for so long. (It is easier to love it now that it's all sunny and pretty ) Hope you will have the same weather throughout your stay & learn a lot at this summer school

09-07-2013
trendsetter

@Juliette: If you do not have any boots (that you can/will wear) I will recommend you buying a pair of the black ones. You know I like the light ones as well but if you have a lot of snow you will not be able to wear them without being afraid of runining them I guess. I would recommend the pistol boot any day although I am also in love with the Wang one.

@Jina: very exciting! Can I see some of your photographies somewhere? I do some myself but I am just an amateur.

@Ta-ta:
that sounds reasonable - getting more plumbing done?

------

Here's my AW list. I took the liberty of copying the images from pinterest since I already did the list there about a month ago.

I am not sure I will get all of these items since I would like to start saving some money. Also my monthly shopping budget probably will get smaller since I have applied to the university and if I get in my public transportation card will become more expensive, I will have to buy books and I will have to purchase a tablet.

My main priority is the cardigan - not that excact one though, I want something more soft. Perhaps the ACNE raya cardigan although I am not sure wether the long or the short version would fit my needs and my figure best.

I have my eyes on a stripe dress from Ganni (not the one in the picture) but I have not been impressed with their choice of material the previous seasons so I am not sure I will be getting that after all.

The silk/cotton tops I might not need after all since I ordered those silk slips a couple of days ago. I will pick them up today and see how they turn out.

I will also maybe buy another pair of ancle boots if I come across I pair I like, since I wear boots constantly during the winter.

Sorry for the looong post

Pics via miinto.dk, rigolorigolo.dk, topshop.com and toogootobebasic.dk

Last edited by Betinapple; 09-07-2013 at 02:08 AM.

09-07-2013
front row

In term of boots, I can recommend the Rag & Bone Newbury. I haven't had the chance to wear them for a long period of time, but I find them really comfortable, sturdy, they seem durable & good quality, plus they are quite flattering

As for cardigan, I got myself a cardicoat from MK which could be quite useful for those in-between times.. If you are looking for more traditional ones, I know that there are some available on the outnet which are cute & really cheap/discounted

Congrats for your acceptance at Uni ! Are you there for an undergraduate or postgraduate degree?

09-07-2013
front row

Oh, I am super ashamed of myself today, but I had to bring myself to write this post ... I shopped. And not in the good way, but in the bad, shopaholic, I-need-to-have-something way. And of course I did it at Zara and H&M, the very two stores I said I wanted to avoid in the future. I got three things, and there's no doubt I'll wear them a lot, but the materials really aren't the best, they weren't from my list, and they won't build a lasting wardrobe. Super mad at myself, but I had to tell someone and I know everyone here is really supportive. I was hoping I'd kicked this shopaholic habit in the butt, but apparently I'm not doing as well as I thought.

I got really beautiful things though ... A nice white sleeveless blouse, which I did want for a while and today I found the perfect one ... Also a really cute shirt-dress that has a zipper front instead of the usual buttons, in a light denim color. And from Zara, the sweater in the photo, which is really beautifully woven.

zara.com

I do like everything I got, but I really don't want to stray from my list, and there are more important items that I need. Really disappointed in myself.

I see everyone else is doing great, I love your list, Betina, and eizhowa, I really like all of your purchases.

09-07-2013
tfs star

^Thank you, Juliette! I love them too About your own purchases, I think if you have already bought something you might as well enjoy it. I have decided to not remove the tags on my purchases for a few days. Just in case I realize I do not need some of my items. Maybe you could try the same?

If it helps, I think this method gets easier and easier as you make more mistakes... and learn from them.

--

Just tried on my new stuff with my old stuff, and right now I feel like I am one t-shirt from having the perfect summer wardrobe

09-07-2013
Power to the 99%

betina, much as I love spending money on plumbing, I am moving on to a different specialty I believe this time it will be more roofers and carpenters ... and perhaps also demolishers.

juliette, you can always return things if you think they're not really what you want. I am ruthless about taking things back if I'm not happy. I think not doing that is one big reason why so many people's closets are overflowing ...

09-07-2013
tfs star

Ok, posting again with proper credits.

--

Betina, Sand has a lot of boucle/chanel-ish jackets. I looked at a bunch of them today while shopping with my sister. A lot of them were on sale too. I don't know how expensive they are in DK, or what the fabric is like though...

--

I sort of hit gold when I visited town with my sister today. I found a lot of items I have needed/wanted, but recently removed from my list because I couldn't find any decent ones...

Here is what I got:

- A pair of perfect black trousers by Diane von Furstenberg. They were so beautiful I was jumping around the store They can even be turned up to make become a perfect Capri trouser. I have no idea why they were 70% off. At all.

- Linen/cotton blazer from HM. The shoulders were great, the sleeves short enough (), and the fit just right. I just need to exchange the button. I also reasoned that buying an expensive, white blazer might be a very bad idea. Eventually, I will spill on it, and I would rather not spend days in bed, crying my eyes out

- ACNE Canada scarf in Camel. This was on my FW list, but I decided to get the Canada version and not the Alaska one. The Alaska scarf was so huge it covered my face. The Canada scarf is much smaller (which makes no sense, because I am pretty sure Canada > Alaska...).

- Gold and Green quartz Earrings by Susanne Friis Bjřrner. I also bought them using some money my grandmother gave me. I took my own advice and bought jewelry, not groceries with the gift-money:p

I know I got a lot of items, but I love every single piece, and I have had every single item on my list before. Also, I think I can use the trousers at work, and make them pay for them

Eva, why did you decide to "ban" DvF? My only concern was that I remembered HM and DvF being mentioned when we discussed the ethical aspect of clothing... 6 months ago I wouldn't have given it a thought. I checked and nothing was made in Bangladesh, but I think both the trousers and the blazer were from China...

I think to compensate for the expense, I might reassess my FW list. Maybe get the Porsellis and the linen shirt next year, or something... I have a pair of J crew flats I could upgrade by getting resoled.

I also found another great blog that focuses on quality > quantity, if anyone is interested. It is called "Un Petit Bijou".

Pictures fromEizhowas Pinterest.

Last edited by eizhowa; 09-07-2013 at 02:59 PM.

09-07-2013
Power to the 99%

hmm, super strange ... I had posted commenting on eizhowa's purchase, I saw my post in the thread, and it is now gone. Was it accidentally deleted??

09-07-2013
tfs star

^I've had posts deleted because they were replies to posts that were removed. That's probably why... I think I usually get a message when that happens though.

However, I remember my (un-posted) answer: Thank you, Ta-ta! I hope the trousers will last and become a real wardrobe work horse

09-07-2013
trendsetter

Eizhowa, you were really lucky to get those items, congrats! Seems like it was your day.
Regarding the scarf - I'm sure Alaska one is so huge since it's so freezing there. :p

Betina, I believe the link of my Behance site is in my profile (if not, it's definitely on my Pinterest home page). I have some there.
Is your boyfriend dealing with photography too? I'm asking because you are posting so beautiful pics in the Combinations thread.
Have to say I would participate there too, but hate taking pictures of myself and I don't want to post crappy selfies, made with my iphone.

Ta-ta, there is some special returning policy in Zara and H&M if I remember correctly ... especially during sale period. Unfortunately they are not giving you a refund, you are told to choose something alse in that amount.
How about the basic tees, Juliette, have you found any appropriate?

It never gets easier, you just go faster. (LeMond)

09-07-2013
tfs star

Ok, Apparently I can't just credit Pinterest if it is my own account. The Correct sources are: botique1, sofeminine, stevenalan, hortonlondon.

--

Jinadaze: Thanks! Oh, so the size has to do with temperature, not geographical size? Possible, very possible...

You should at least be able to return non-sales items, no? I think I have returned something to Zara that was on sale... Maybe it was just ridiculously cheap. I forget

I noticed that the ACNE store I bought the scarf from had a sign that said that "All sales are final". Basically that should mean no returns, but I can't see how that is not a violation of the Norwegian law... Every time you sell something, it is a sale, and I have never heard of an absolute no-return policy. It is not always easy to understand what the rules are, I find.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#4, #5, 45, french, piece, wardrobe