How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

13-07-2013
fashion insider

^How can you sleep with a glow in the dark t-shirt? I guess it would be perfect for children who need a nightlight to sleep

At the moment I am considering selling some of my knits (I've had offers...) and upgrading my collection I found a cashmere sweater that is softer than a kitten the other day. One in every color, please.

Last edited by eizhowa; 13-07-2013 at 01:38 PM.

13-07-2013
front row

^ It doesn't really bother me... I tend to sleep under a sheet even in the summer. It is also only a small drawing/the words that glow. My boyfriend says it helps him locate me

I'm also looking into updating/improving my knits, but I think that can go slow. We don't have a lot of winter over here... I will see how I feel about the COS one I just ordered. They have plenty of great-looking knits on sale right now, if the one I ordered proves to be good I might work on that on the next sales.

13-07-2013
Power to the 99%

^ Too funny ... another business idea, glow in the dark lingerie for those whose partners are night blind

Mine are an embroidered Grinch T from Universal Studios, 'No black no white just blues' from Blue Cat Blues, and 'Make levees not war' yellow, green, and purple put-your-eyes-out tie-dye from New Orleans. The last one might help others locate me

13-07-2013
trendsetter

@Eizhowa: sigh! But nice that you can sell your unworn and unloved clothes after all.

Actually I have never considered the look of the packaging of the Chanel polishes, but you are perfectly right. I do not keep mine in sight anyhow though. They are kept in a dresser since I hate having too much stuff standing around. I buy them since they dry so quickly and last pretty long on my nails.

Which brand was this sweater?

@Barbaraa: Very nice sweater. Hope it will live up to your expectations once you get your hands on it.

@Ta-ta: I think a houndstooth trouser in a simple print would be super cool! Can't wait to see the shoes.

Loungewear: too funny about the heineken tee I love lounging in my boyfriends tees. Other than that my loungewear consists of s/s and l/s Samsøe Samsøe tees in colours I will not wear out in the real world - and a tanktop with the words "girls just wanna have save sex" by Cyndi Lauper/H&M fashion against AIDS

14-07-2013
trendsetter

Does any of you have any experience with Rika bags?

I discovered that the "star bag" which I have always loved now comes in a smaller size with a cross-body strap so I am considering it for my next bag, along with the Alexa, Bayswater satchel and Leowulff bag. Well, one of them, you know.

I think the price is very reasonable in comparism to how the leather looks.

15-07-2013
fashion insider

Betina, I didn't actually look at the tag when I "felt up" the cashmere... I will check on Wednesday when I go window shopping I have a percentage discount card at the store that sells them, so I am trying to find as many items I need/want before I buy any. Silly to waste it on 1 item...

I have also found a grey merino wool sweater from Samsøe Samsøe that I really like...

I think the Rika bag is quite nice. I am not a big fan of stars (reminds me of the flag of the US), but the color is quite nice. Not sure I'd call it cognac/tan though. It looks almost brown. I also like that it has brass details. I prefer brass to silver-tone bags (probably because I look best in gold-tones:p). And the handles do not bother me. They hang like the handles on my Balenciaga City does when I use the shoulder strap.

However, they are not classic enough to justify the price in my opinion. For half the retail price, then maybe, but I wouldn't pay the full price... But I have never been in love with the bags, and love makes blind, you know

I have no experience with the brand myself, but I have seen them in stores from time to time.

Is the strap the correct length for you?

15-07-2013
fashion insider

I have emailed the company who sold me the green dress, and demanded a full refund and free return. I received it (after 3 weeks, with express shipping...) and the fit was super weird, even though I studied the size charts, and I doubt the material was a "silk satin" like they wrote in the description. I can't really prove them wrong without setting fire to the dress though, so I'll reserve that idea for plan B. I had figured if they were fibbing about the material, someone would have left a bad review about it. Now I see that they choose which comments to post, and which to conceal...

I look forward to hearing what they say. If they don't cooperate, I'll contact PayPal. After all the trouble I've had over this dress, I am kind of looking forward to giving them a hard time

15-07-2013
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by eizhowa View Post
I have a percentage discount card at the store that sells them, so I am trying to find as many items I need/want before I buy any. Silly to waste it on 1 item...
I'm totally this kind of person too I hope you can give that store a hard time for the dress

I went to see the actual sales today (they only started here today) and heh... Didn't even get any make up. I might get the v-neck in white, as it is like 2€ cheaper now but I would probably get it anyway (I need a white one to layer with my white Oasis sweater that sheds angora all over me) so why not.

Still waiting to hear from the job I was interviewed for two weeks ago...

15-07-2013
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betinapple View Post
I think the price is very reasonable in comparism to how the leather looks.
The main issue for me would be that it's not real leather. And for plastic material I find it impossible to justify such a high price. My opinion, of course.
Other than that you wanted the bag to be in a satchel form, so this one doesn't seem like the perfect option like the other three 'finalists' are.

I was so horribly sick during the weekend (I got stomack flu virus) that my father had to call 911 to take me to emergency hospital. I feel much better now, they filled me infusion pump on Saturday and now I'm taking meds for my stomack.
Today my mother got me some new underwear in nude to wear under my white clothes to cheer me up.

It never gets easier, you just go faster. (LeMond)

15-07-2013
trendsetter

@Eizhowa: to be honest right now I have absolutely no clue as to what bag I like the best. Good thing that it will be at least a couple of months before I will purchase one - if any.

I have always liked the star bag and compared to other similar priced bags I think the leather looks nice. It has been a long time since I have seen one in real life though so.. I do consider the bag quite classic - a lot more than the Alexa for instance but I guess there is classic in the traditional way and then there is classic .. me. And since I have liked it for at least five years I guess I woild not get sick of looking at it any day soon. I do however have a hard time figuring out where I stand on the standing vs. not standing handles situation. Big decissions I like the brass hardware as well - i will prefer it any day over both gold and silver.

The story about your dress is redicoulous. Remember to write an angry review on trustpilot. Please let me know how the situation evolves. No one should shop at that store.

@Barbaraa: Oddly I feel good when I go shopping - especially during sale season just to discover there is nothing I want The v neck sounds like a good investment though. Are you enjoying your bag? And when where you supposed to hear about the job?

15-07-2013
trendsetter

@Jina: so sorry to hear that you have been sick - what a scare! I hope you will feel much better soon.

I am not quite sure what you mean about the bag? The Rika webshop says that it is made from cow or lambs leather. I'm confused I would never pay the amount of money for a non-leather bag, just to be clear Regarding the shape it does not neccesarily have to be a satchel. I just want something that can go cross body. I do not consider the leowulff bag a satchel either. Maybe I'm totally off here.

15-07-2013
trendsetter

Thank you!

Oh, I see now about the shape; thought that a satchel would be the most appropriate for you, I guess because you pointed out the Bayswater satchel first.

Speeking of material, it says '100% vegetal cow or vegetal lamb', I must have misunderstood, thinking that it means it's made of vegan/vegetarian leather, which is in fact imitation of leather made of polyuretan or similar plastic.
That's a very common way to attract custumers since everything vegan is so massively popular nowadays.

It never gets easier, you just go faster. (LeMond)

15-07-2013
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinadaze View Post
Thank you!

Oh, I see now about the shape; thought that a satchel would be the most appropriate for you, I guess because you pointed out the Bayswater satchel first.

Speeking of material, it says '100% vegetal cow or vegetal lamb', I must have misunderstood, thinking that it means it's made of vegan/vegetarian leather, which is in fact imitation of leather made of polyuretan or similar plastic.
That's a very common way to attract custumers since everything vegan is so massively popular nowadays.
Well, I might not have been totally clear about that

I noticed that about the "vegetal" leather but I have no clue as to what it actually means and google is NOT my friend ATM. I thought it had something do to with the dyeing? However I am pretty sure it is made from leather, and I do not think the would add the word "cow" or "lamb" to the equation had it been vegan leather.

I know it is quite the thing these days and although I am a vegetarian and would love to NOT buy leather I must admit that for me it would not make sense since I think a leather bag will last longer than a poly bag any day, and my feet can not wear faux leather at all. So, that is not an option for me - so shoot me

15-07-2013
fashion insider

^If you look at in another way, a plastic-leather bag will last much longer than the leather, as it does not decompose as quickly in a landfill

I'll write honest reviews wherever I can once this whole dress deal is over. Trust me

15-07-2013
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eizhowa View Post
^If you look at in another way, a plastic-leather bag will last much longer than the leather, as it does not decompose as quickly in a landfill

I'll write honest reviews wherever I can once this whole dress deal is over. Trust me
Well you know what I mean. At least I have yet to own a leather bag that will still look nice after years of wear.

Please do and make sure no one else is lured into that trap.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#4, #5, 45, french, piece, wardrobe