How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

15-07-2013
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betinapple View Post
@Barbaraa: Oddly I feel good when I go shopping - especially during sale season just to discover there is nothing I want The v neck sounds like a good investment though. Are you enjoying your bag? And when where you supposed to hear about the job?
I felt good too I have a couple of items on wishlist but I'd already gotten what I wanted from Zara and whatnot... I'm not gonna lie, there were days when I would buy things at sales just to buy something - I'm happy I'm past that.
The bag is wonderful, I'm truly happy with it! It's beautiful, classy and sturdy and carries all that I need and still has space for some more
I am supposed to hear from the job soon... but last time they said "soon" too and it took them almost two months to call me back for the second interview that job would force me to shop more than desirable, as the company declaredly cares about their sales consultants' looks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eizhowa View Post
^If you look at in another way, a plastic-leather bag will last much longer than the leather, as it does not decompose as quickly in a landfill
Well then what about an actual plastic bag... like those you get at the grocery stores

Betina, maybe your perfect bag is neither of those four. I'm guessing if one of those was perfect it would have been a more obvious and easier decision for you

15-07-2013
fashion insider

^I think you are on to something, Barbaraa. I think when Betina finds "the one", she'll know...

15-07-2013
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbaraaa View Post
I felt good too I have a couple of items on wishlist but I'd already gotten what I wanted from Zara and whatnot... I'm not gonna lie, there were days when I would buy things at sales just to buy something - I'm happy I'm past that.
The bag is wonderful, I'm truly happy with it! It's beautiful, classy and sturdy and carries all that I need and still has space for some more
I am supposed to hear from the job soon... but last time they said "soon" too and it took them almost two months to call me back for the second interview that job would force me to shop more than desirable, as the company declaredly cares about their sales consultants' looks.

Well then what about an actual plastic bag... like those you get at the grocery stores

Betina, maybe your perfect bag is neither of those four. I'm guessing if one of those was perfect it would have been a more obvious and easier decision for you
I have been guilty of shopping just for the sake of it as well. Recently on my vacation to Berlin since I felt it silly to go the Berlin and NOT buying anything - especially after spending an entire day of visiting stores. And yes, I am ashamed of myself.

It is so nice when you buy something that turns out to be just perfect!

Bummer about the job and their missing ability to give you an answer when you want (need ) one. Hope you will hear from them soon and you will figure out the shopping part - I am sure you will figure something out.

I do not see myself carrying a plastic bag - although that would be a cheap solution

I guess what you are saying could be true. For other people. I rarely see something and am immediately sure that I want it - and especially not with things within this price range. I pondered over the pistol boots for a half year before getting them and they are one of the most worn items of my wardrobe. That being said maybe my perfect bag is still out there, but really I like all of them - maybe that is the problem since I do not have the insane amount of money buying four bags would set me back

15-07-2013
trendsetter

By writing a blogpost about the pros/cons of the four bags I do think I have ruled out the two Mulberry bags due to their size. I WOULD like something smaller than the bags I've already got but being realistic I do not think I will get much use out if a bag that is too small neither since I will have to carry a tablet and a book when going to school and since the Mulberry bags could barely fit my camera along with my essentials (wallet, sunglasses case and cell phone) I am not sure they will be a wise choice.

15-07-2013
Power to the 99%

betina, I found that 'vegetable leather' can be such things as 'An imitation of leather made of cotton waste. Linen cloth coated with India rubber.' There's also vegetable-tanned leather, but I suspect 'vegetal leather' isn't leather. The reference to the animal probably just means an imitation of that texture. Lambskin is typically very soft.

jina, I guess your mother knows you very well Many people might not find underwear of any kind a cheering gift, but I suspect you did Get well soon ...

15-07-2013
rising star

I've been thinking about going to look for some new black ankle boots and get something in the sales. Since everything is so expensive here, thinking about prices next winter makes me wanna cry.
Today I searched and I found a pair I really like, maybe I'll go to check them at store. They aren't the chelsea boots I've been looking for, but they don't exist here or are too expensive for my budget.

source: febo facebook page
Attached Images
File Type: jpg febo shoes.jpg (87.3 KB, 2 views)

15-07-2013
i'm almost ready..

i really need to start posting in this thread. i created a wish list of 3 things here last winter and didn't end up buying any of them! (had an expensive holiday instead)

i regret not buying this bag because i can't find it anywhere now and am still on the hunt for something similar. any leads?

steven alan 'camilla' bag

stevenalan.com

i am also still coveting the illesteva sunglasses in this style. these are on sale so i should probably purchase them soon!

thecorner.com

June's purchases were a blue striped top from J crew and this panama hat.

jcrew.com

i splurged on these shoes today so this is my July purchase. the leather is so soft and they are amazingly comfy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo 1.JPG (91.5 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg photo 2.JPG (100.2 KB, 7 views)

15-07-2013
fashion insider

Welocome to the thread! I love posts, so keep them comming

I love that Steven Alan bag!<3 Shame you can't find it anywhere I can't think of any bags at the moment, but if I do, I'll let you know Have you tried calling any stores to see if they have it in-store? Might be a long shot, and very time consuming though...

Those sunnies are very cool too Is it an animal print, or just a variation of tortoise (which is also an animal print, but you know what I mean...)?

Carolinab: Maybe more Chelsea boots will become available when we move into fall? I realize the seasons might be different where you live, but I don't recommend settling. Hopefully you will find a pair of boots you love I know what it is like to fall in love with shoes out of your price range... I've been in love with a pair from Balenciaga for a while.

Last edited by eizhowa; 15-07-2013 at 07:59 PM.

15-07-2013
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionista-ta View Post
betina, I found that 'vegetable leather' can be such things as 'An imitation of leather made of cotton waste. Linen cloth coated with India rubber.' There's also vegetable-tanned leather, but I suspect 'vegetal leather' isn't leather. The reference to the animal probably just means an imitation of that texture. Lambskin is typically very soft.

jina, I guess your mother knows you very well Many people might not find underwear of any kind a cheering gift, but I suspect you did Get well soon ...
That's what I had in mind, as said before. Maybe Betina should ask their stuff or customer service, but I woudn't bet they would know for sure or even tell the truth. Mystery.
I just pinned you some suggestions too.

Thank you! She definitely does know me, I'm kinda obsessed with underwear. But it's all in constant rotation so that doesn't really hurt and I don't own absurd amounts of it.
I had this set on my wishlist for summer, because I didn't have any smooth bra in nude to wear under my white tops since I don't like any lace/mesh to be visible through it.

Adorefaith, I love the shoes (very into nude atm/always)! And I had a lust for panama hats, but since I'm big headed XD I don't find any that would suit me.
As for the bag I would suggest you check out Jaeger, Reiss, Warehouse..

It never gets easier, you just go faster. (LeMond)

Last edited by Jinadaze; 15-07-2013 at 08:27 PM.

15-07-2013
rising star

eizhowa the main problem is that chelsea boots don't exist here at a reasonable price. They are a "too trendy"/still expensive and exclusive design. I'm hoping for them to become a super popular for 3 winters but ugly platforms, creepers and combat boots are still the most popular shoe.
Sometimes I wish I lived somewhere with more shoe options

16-07-2013
trendsetter

@Eizhowa: I am not so sure. Like I told Barbaraa I rarely just know. I did about the two dresses I bought from H&M trend this season, but I never do with items in the 1000 kroner+ pricerange. I am pretty psyched about the Rika ATM though.

@Ta-ta: I wrote Rika this morning to finally settle this since I am in no way buying a non-leather bag. The bag is leather. Vegetal appearently refers to the dyeing. It should be a more environmentally friendly way of doing it. Or so they wrote.

@Carolinab: I aggree with Eizhowa. Never settle. I have never done that without regretting it sooner or later.

@Adorefaith:
welcome! I love those shoes. So gorgeous. I have not seen a similar bag but if I do I will let you know. What is your price range?

16-07-2013
fashion insider

I am having a craving. Must. have. need. want

I need some input. I have been looking at a dress on the outnet for a while. It is by Kain, made from silk and linen and, I think, the perfect color. The price is not bad either. 120 euros.

The reason I have not bought it in the past is because I found it too figure hugging. I think I am over that now...

And I figure, I can just sell it if it doesn't fit...

What do you guys think? Can you see any major flaw that I am missing? I'd post a link, but I live in fear of the moderators as of late. It is the "Kain Cam silk-blend wrap-effect dress" on the outnet.

theoutnet
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 317388_in_xl.jpg (113.4 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 317388_fr_xl.jpg (158.2 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by eizhowa; 16-07-2013 at 04:01 PM.

16-07-2013
fashion insider

I have no patience. So... I bought it.

16-07-2013
front row

I love Kain, the dress is gorgeous and I am glad you bought it since as soon as I saw it on your Pinterest I had major craving as well (I tried to clic & clic on the picture in your Pinterest but it did not lead to a shop so I couldn't get it I should have checked this board first ).

I am sure you will look gorgeous

Last edited by EvaH; 16-07-2013 at 05:04 PM.

16-07-2013
trendsetter

^ Not my colour at all but the cut is really beautiful! And it's made of a perfect material for summer too. It would even look good with black (or white) blazer and leather jacket, worn with your VW boots.

It never gets easier, you just go faster. (LeMond)

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#4, #5, 45, french, piece, wardrobe