How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

16-07-2013
tfs star

Eva, Thank you! I actually uploaded the picture so that no one would be tempted to buy the dress before me... I trust no one when there is one left in stock

Jinadaze, trust me, I'll be playing dress up for hours when I get it. I always do:p I really love the color, because it matches my hair when it is lightened by the sun. Unless the color on my monitor is very off...

Last edited by eizhowa; 16-07-2013 at 04:07 PM.

16-07-2013
Power to the 99%

very pretty dress, eizhowa!

In other news, my shoes are on their way ... I was a tad worried as the size I ordered is no longer available on the website & I hadn't gotten a shipping notice at first ... but apparently all is well.

betina, how annoying that they didn't simply say vegetable-dyed, or vegetable-tanned, as they should have ... so important to use the language correctly

17-07-2013
trendsetter

@Eizhowa: sometimes I find that writing a post like that helps make up my mind - seems it did to you as well. The dress is lovely - for both every day wear and more dressy occasions. The color would be gorgeous with you Balenciaga bag.

@Ta-ta: looking forward to hear about the shoes and perhaps see them ?

I find that to be a huge brain fart on Rika's part as well, but I am really happy that it is, since it is my favourite ATM. So that is probably what I will be spending my money on. I probably will be able to get it when I get my next pay check since I am working my *ss of this month but since I will be buying a tablet if I get into the university I probably will wait a couple of months although I can afford both. If I still like the Leowulff a couple of months from that I might get that as well in time.

My only concern about the Rika bag is that I have heard a couple of stories about bags fading in colour. However I have also talked with girls who hav had their bags for years (I spoke to one that had hers for five years and it still looked gorgeous) without any problems and since the bags I have heard of fading has been colours that seems more "dyed" (powder, grey) I am not sure wether I should take it into consideration since I guess the tabac color I am looking at is closer to the leathers natural state. I am not sure if that is just wishful thinking though.

17-07-2013
i'm almost ready..

thanks everyone.

Jinadaze thanks for your suggestions! i checked out the labels you mentioned but everything is a little bit too detailed for me, if that makes sense. i'm looking for something super simple, a little bit structured, ideally with no visible branding and hardware that doesn't stand out too much. i'd also really like the option to have short or longer handles. Oh, and black.

i think this would come closest but the gold seems to really jump out at me.
http://www.jaeger.co.uk/Posey%20Bag/...cessories-bags

Betinapple i think my price range would be under about $450. ideally in the 200 range but i know that's not completely realistic.

eizhowa i love the colour!! congrats on your purchase. the sunglasses are leopard. a little flashy, i know... but i wear mostly neutrals and have very simple borderline boring style so i figured they would work!

17-07-2013
Power to the 99%

nordstrom
adorefaith, have you checked out Marc by Marc? This is Marc Jacobs ... I think there are some nice plain black bags in both lines ... Nordstrom has one for their anniversary sale that is quite plain.

Leopard is a neutral, is it not?

betina, I think what you're saying about the tobacco color sounds reasonable ... and I will post a pic of my shoes as soon as I have a pair in hand that fits!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg nordstrom marc.jpg (74.1 KB, 0 views)

18-07-2013
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionista-ta View Post
adorefaith, have you checked out Marc by Marc? This is Marc Jacobs ... I think there are some nice plain black bags in both lines ... Nordstrom has one for their anniversary sale that is quite plain.

Leopard is a neutral, is it not?

betina, I think what you're saying about the tobacco color sounds reasonable ... and I will post a pic of my shoes as soon as I have a pair in hand that fits!
I am glad to hear that I am not totally blinded by love

That MJ bag looks gorgeous by the way.

I removed yet another item from my fall list; the black bouclé jacket. I really thought about it yesterdat (being alone in the jeans department, no customers, no colleauges and just folding tee's will give one plenty of time for that) and I came to the conclusion that when I want to wear a black jacket I will prefer my leather jacket or my black blazer, and for those outfit where I wear a bouclé jacket I actually think my grey one looks the best.

18-07-2013
tfs star

^When you start thinking about what you really need, I think anyones wishlist would become shorter... I feel like my entire list seems to dissapear... Don't know how I feel about that

Betina, pardon my ignorance, but what is a "brain fart"?

Adorefaith, could you do no-brand? Etsy has some nice artisan bags I think. Requires time to sort through all of the Chinese replica listings (listed under handmade, of all things), but it is possible to find some nice ones.

18-07-2013
backstage pass

Adorefaith: Love the shoes! Really stylish option for warmer weather!

Eizhowa: I remember I had this Dress on my wishlist! Of course, I love the color and I think it looks really comfy.

Fashionista-ta: That is a beautiful bag!

(Betinapple: On a side note: very probably going to Roskilde next year )

18-07-2013
Power to the 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by eizhowa View Post
^When you start thinking about what you really need, I think anyones wishlist would become shorter... I feel like my entire list seems to dissapear... Don't know how I feel about that

Betina, pardon my ignorance, but what is a "brain fart"?
Can't wait to hear this explanation I think it is similar to a douche color in that it is hard to pin down ...

My shoes are supposed to arrive end of day Friday ... would be a nice ending to a not always nice week.

18-07-2013
front row

Well, this time brain fart is something you can find on wikipedia... Don't worry Betina, I knew this one as well

Can't wait to see your shoes, ta-ta!

COS hasn't shipped my sweater yet... does anyone know how long they usually take?
EDIT: Never mind... they did ship it sometime today

Last edited by barbaraaa; 18-07-2013 at 11:39 AM.

18-07-2013
tfs star

^It is a very unattractive word though

18-07-2013
Power to the 99%

^ Those Anglo-Saxons were not exactly lyricists.

I have realized that I need to make replacing my wallet a priority. I've found one I like ... will probably do that next month.

18-07-2013
V.I.P.

This isn't entirely on topic, but I noticed some of you have mentioned "Rag & Bone" boots; I was thinking of purchasing the Pearce ankle boot online, but I am unsure about size - do they fit true-to-size? A bit small? A bit large? Thanks!

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged

18-07-2013
trendsetter

Enough with the word-bullying - brain fart is indeed an expression - thank you Barbaraa Not a particularly pretty word no, but a pretty good description of the error of calling vegetal dyed leather vegetal leather.

Regarding needing stuff: If I were to cut everything that I do not in fact NEED I would not be able to buy anything, but when I would prefer a different kind of jacket than a black bouclé jacket for all the outfits I can think of where I would be wearing it, it seems silly buying one. At least to me.

18-07-2013
trendsetter

Betina, seems like a good decision you made. I'm fine with my leather jacket (which I am wearing the most) and two blazers which are all in-between-seasons-jackets I own, since we don't have very mild weather here. When one of those will need replacing I will sure purchase one.

Ta-ta, hope you will love your new shoes and that the weekend is going to be pleasant for you to repay for the rest of the week.
A press button in my wallet tore apart from the leather some time ago but since I have so many other pockets there I don't find it disruptive enough to bring it to the cobbler.
This purse is perfect for me and I hope it will last a few more years. I have it since Sept. 2010.

I finally got a sale item myself, for which I'm really satisfied I found. I ordered a lightweight black sweater made of 100 % cotton from COS. It was ridiculously discounted, cost me just 14 € (70 % off).

It never gets easier, you just go faster. (LeMond)

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#4, #5, 45, french, piece, wardrobe