How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

18-07-2013
Power to the 99%

^ Thanks And I know what you mean ... my wallet needs repair too, but you can't get it repaired without replacing it! Same thing with my laptop ... I never could get the CD player replaced under warranty (it broke immediately) because I couldn't give up my laptop (Dell). Grr.

Congrats on your sweater!

19-07-2013
trendsetter

@Red: Oh how exciting! You must tell me when you decided when you'll arrive. It would be so fun meeting you, although you'll probably be on a busy holiday schedule. Also let me know if you need restaurant recommandations.

@Ta-ta: I hope your weekend will be better and that the shoes arrives.

@Barbaraa: when will your sweater arrive?

@Jina: Thank you! I wear my little jackets not only for in between seasons but also atm since I tend to get a bit cold at work, and for winter instead of a cardigan or sweater. So, quite a lot of wear.

Nice price of that sweater and good decission about the wallet - if it aint broken

--------

The Malene Birger dress i was thinking about for the wedding got reduced with 50%. I was thinking about waiting and see if it got discounted furtherly (since it already went from 2000 DKK to 1350 DKK) but when they did some maintenance on the webshop yesterday and the shop was down all day I simply did not have the courage to wait, since I really love the dress and have no clue as what to wear if not that. So I went ahead and ordered it this morning.

I am not super impressed by the webshop though. First of all they do not state anywhere who will deliver the package and secondly I had to pay 8 dollars for shipping, which I really did not expect for an item that cost 230 dollars. - and the shipping should take seven days, which I think is quite long. Over night shipping however did cost 25 dollars which I find rather insane. Maybe that is just me?

19-07-2013
tfs star

^Ooooh, the pink one with the drop waist? I loved that one

I know DHLs express shipping option takes 3-7 working days. Might be that they just overestimate so that they won't get complaints.

19-07-2013
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinadaze View Post

I finally got a sale item myself, for which I'm really satisfied I found. I ordered a lightweight black sweater made of 100 % cotton from COS. It was ridiculously discounted, cost me just 14 € (70 % off).
Congratulations on the sweater! Sounds like a great buy!

Wallets: My wallet will need replacement, too... But I love it! It was the first wallet I ever really invested in, and it really served me well. It's a green croc effect leather wallet and the only consolation will be that it doesn't really fit my color scheme.

Talking color scheme: I get a feeling that sticking to a color scheme really starts to pay off!! Dressing has been much easier during the last two seasons. I definitely want to keep trying I still have plenty of older pieces in other colors and that's fine, but new things should always fit in. I do want to buy a few more black pieces again though. I didn't want to buy black anymore during the last two seasons since I thought it didn't go well with mustard and teal, but somehow I feel differently now. I think I will Change my neutrals a bit this season and try to buy more black, white and grey while still sticking with mustard, teal and navy.

The list: Have made my fall/winter list. It might still change though, it's just a first try.

Fall / winter list:
  • Biker boots, flat and practical for wet fall / winter weather. Brown, black or grey.
  • Knee boots with a heel, elegant to go with dresses in cold weather. Brown, black or grey.
  • A long sleeved dress. I always try to buy a dress every season. I love dresses and want to keep my dress collection up to date.
  • A warm cashmere or wool sweater for winter.
  • A down jacket. Sadly, the one I bought last season starts to look worn already... So I'll need to go on the lookout again. Very wet and very cold weather in combination with playing outside with the kids just doesn't seem to go well with cashmere coats.
  • A new pair of great straight legged blue jeans.
  • A clutch. I thought I'd buy that in the summer sales, but somehow nothing really appealed to me. So it's back on my list.
  • Sneakers. These could be bought in spring / summer 14, too, but if I see a good pair... I have worn the ones I bought in 2012 a lot for endless walks on dirty streets, and they start to show it.

Makes eight items in total, that seems reasonable. But sure enough I'll find other things that I "need" on the road

19-07-2013
trendsetter

@Eizhowa: excactly! I am so excited.

Might be, I just find it a bit odd, and really I think it should be standard information what courrier will deliver your package. Just hope it arrives before I go visit my mother next monday.

@Red: I like to add a new dress each season as well but it seems like it is going pretty well without me putting it on my wishlist

I think black goes really well with your color scheme as well. Looking forward to see how you style wil develop further. What size/style of clutch are you looking for?

19-07-2013
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betinapple View Post
@Red: I like to add a new dress each season as well but it seems like it is going pretty well without me putting it on my wishlist

I think black goes really well with your color scheme as well. Looking forward to see how you style wil develop further. What size/style of clutch are you looking for?
Will definitely get back to you regarding Roskilde recommendations

Regarding the clutch: I think I'd prefer something rather neutral. I don't want to own tons of different clutches since it's something I need only on Special occassions. My life is not really an "evening bag life".

I was thinking of gold or a neutral tone like camel, grey... I like the Lutetia clutch in camel, will post it here. Or something with a little bit more fun?! But then again I think my wardrobe is quite fun enough, a neutral might work best.

Pic by net-a-porter
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lutetia.jpg (199.2 KB, 0 views)

19-07-2013
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedandNavy View Post
Will definitely get back to you regarding Roskilde recommendations

Regarding the clutch: I think I'd prefer something rather neutral. I don't want to own tons of different clutches since it's something I need only on Special occassions. My life is not really an "evening bag life".

I was thinking of gold or a neutral tone like camel, grey... I like the Lutetia clutch in camel, will post it here. Or something with a little bit more fun?! But then again I think my wardrobe is quite fun enough, a neutral might work best.

Pic by net-a-porter
You do that

I totally understand that - neither is mine. I do not get how my girlfriends is able to fit their everyday stuff into cluthes and similar smaller bags. I can barely go any smaller than my Bayswater

I get your thoughts. However maybe you can find something that is neutral but still with a fun detail? I consider my YSL mail clutch a neutral but it is still something "more" than a black clutch. Maybe you can find something similar? The Lutetia clutch is lovely but I am sure you can find something with a little more "oomph!".

19-07-2013
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betinapple View Post
You do that

I totally understand that - neither is mine. I do not get how my girlfriends is able to fit their everyday stuff into cluthes and similar smaller bags. I can barely go any smaller than my Bayswater

I get your thoughts. However maybe you can find something that is neutral but still with a fun detail? I consider my YSL mail clutch a neutral but it is still something "more" than a black clutch. Maybe you can find something similar? The Lutetia clutch is lovely but I am sure you can find something with a little more "oomph!".
Yeah... I know what you mean. I think that's my feeling, too. Would be great to have something that is neutral in colors and yet something special. Recommendations welcome!!! I loved that Domino clutch by Charlotte Olympia, but it was simply too expensive for what it was. I don't think I would spend more than 500 Euros on a clutch?!

19-07-2013
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Plain Jane View Post
This isn't entirely on topic, but I noticed some of you have mentioned "Rag & Bone" boots; I was thinking of purchasing the Pearce ankle boot online, but I am unsure about size - do they fit true-to-size? A bit small? A bit large? Thanks!
I have quite large feet - for example, only 2 models of Lanvin flats work in my case and I must go from a 40FR to a 40.5FR - and the Rag & Bone fit perfectly & run true to size in my case. I took a US 9 If you have very lean feet then maybe it will run a bit big

19-07-2013
backstage pass

I haven't checked this thread in a while, hello bag/shoe overload!
Maybe it's because I'm a guy, but I'm comfortable with just having one bag (a grey with blue writing messenger/briefcase form Freitag) that I mainly use for work.
Oh, and I hate shoe shopping..

Regarding using a color scheme: I find that using one really helps focussing. I just started this summer with focussing on certain colors (orange and blue) to add to my mostly grey/green/navy wardrobe. I'm already thinking about how it will evolve into fall.

Lately I have been buying some graphic t-shirts on sale, for days I don't feel like wearing solids. Yesterday I bought a pair of cotton navy shorts with print from the H&M sale, they are so soft and light it makes me feel like I'm wearing boxershorts . And I spotted a green leather motorcycle jacket that went from 200 to 120 euros. But since I don't really need a jacket at the moment I'll wait and see the price will drop even further.

hm.com

I also pinned them, I should use pinterest more often because I find that it really helps me to remember certain pieces.

Last edited by Fewormany; 19-07-2013 at 01:38 PM.

19-07-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvaH View Post
I have quite large feet - for example, only 2 models of Lanvin flats work in my case and I must go from a 40FR to a 40.5FR - and the Rag & Bone fit perfectly & run true to size in my case. I took a US 9 If you have very lean feet then maybe it will run a bit big
Thanks!

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged

19-07-2013
trendsetter

Fewormany, the colour of this leather jacket is really gorgeous! Considering the price you should go it, especially if you already have a classic black one.

It never gets easier, you just go faster. (LeMond)

19-07-2013
Power to the 99%

nordstrom
Fewormany, I like the shorts! Glad your color scheme is working out well. What are your thoughts for fall? Do you like a pumpkin or russet at all?

Here are my shoes ... they are the right size, but not sure yet about the fit. The grosgrain strap is inflexible and tight ... but my feet were also swollen when I got home and tried them on. It should have had elastic IMHO ... I'm going to see how they fit tomorrow. They may be going back ...

On the plus side, the shape is pretty, they remind me of Louis Vuitton. They're easy to walk in, nothing weird about the heel (which is stacked and should wear well).

They are calfskin, but look a lot like velvet ... except in certain spots, like at the side seams, where the hair is quite long, like shoe eyelashes or something I'm a bit puzzled by that.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Nordstrom leopard pump.jpg (58.0 KB, 1 views)

20-07-2013
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionista-ta View Post
Fewormany, I like the shorts! Glad your color scheme is working out well. What are your thoughts for fall? Do you like a pumpkin or russet at all?

Here are my shoes ... they are the right size, but not sure yet about the fit. The grosgrain strap is inflexible and tight ... but my feet were also swollen when I got home and tried them on. It should have had elastic IMHO ... I'm going to see how they fit tomorrow. They may be going back ...

On the plus side, the shape is pretty, they remind me of Louis Vuitton. They're easy to walk in, nothing weird about the heel (which is stacked and should wear well).

They are calfskin, but look a lot like velvet ... except in certain spots, like at the side seams, where the hair is quite long, like shoe eyelashes or something I'm a bit puzzled by that.
The shoes look beautiful, tata! However, you don't really sound convinced??

I must say that finding the right pumps is so difficult for me! I have one pair that always works for my feet, others work in warm or in not so warm weather, on evenings or on mornings, depending on how swollen my feet are. During summer, my foot seems to go up a size during the day

Fewormany: I agree the color of the jacket is great, and the shorts look good, too!!

20-07-2013
trendsetter

@Red: I do not think it should be neccesary to pay more than that neither. I hope you will find something and I will keep my eyes open.

@Fewormany: That leather jacket is devine!

@Ta-ta: I was sure you ordered pink shoes? However, I do not think you sound totally pleased with them?

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#4, #5, 45, french, piece, wardrobe