How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

25-07-2013
trendsetter

@Eizhowa: Sorry about the dress. I rarely find those size guides to actually be true. Also according to some webshop's size guides (H&M..) I should be a size 38 around by bottom. I am a 34..

But at least you can find a use for the dress any way - and that is nice.

Regarding the green dress I would ask pay pall if they can be helpful in getting your return shipping refunded. If not I would just be done with it.

@Juliette: Yay! So nice that you finally bought it and a wonderful occasion as well. Looking forward to seeing what color you picked.

@Jina: Excactly! I ordered it at the Malene Birger webshop. MB is danish brand, but they ship from Germany. Kind of odd, but I guess it is due to the fact that danish postage is very expensive and they ship to a lot on countries.

I think you are perfectly right about the sweater. It will look great with your new shorts (both the white ones and the sporty ones) and under a leather jacket for fall.

------

So after I wrote my post i discovered that there were to stains on my Malene Birger dress and at the bust it had a spot where the fabric looked worn. Not very nice. Especially not with a dress of that price level. I called the customer service and they sent me a new dress immediately. So that was nice at least. Just really bad timing that I have to deal with calling the courier and picking up the package with the dirty dress, since I am working full time this week and Monday I go on vacation.

Also the dress got discounted furtherly and since there is a 30 day return policy I am wondering if it would be a faux pas of me to write and ask for the difference between what I paid and the new price returned?

I know that is the game with sales but due to the return policy I am considering it.

25-07-2013
front row

Betina, I don't have any experience in the matter but I would say it doesn't hurt to try Worst case scenario: they will turn you down.

After Eizohwa advised me to check eBay for a 6 years old bag (I think ), I registered and ended up watching 9 items. I think I want badly 7/9 (4 brand new lanvin flats in my size & in my colour scheme + 1 travel bag + 2 handbags)... We will see how that turns out..

I have a question for those who use eBay: there was a travel bag that I have been eyeing for 2 years now but never felt comfortable buying (650£ for a travel bag seemed a bit much) but now that all my non leather travel bag are dying & now that I saw it listed for more than half the price on eBay, I really want it.
Problem: the sale ended & I missed it and I also don't think anyone actually attempted to purchase it. Thus, I was wondering if it was okay/within the rules for me to contact the seller and ask if she wanted to list her product again on eBay so I would buy it.. What do you think?

The bag is the mulberry holdhall large clipper.

25-07-2013
tfs star

^If the item listing was a "buy it now" and it ended without anyone buying it (and simply because the listing expired), it will probably be re-listed. Doesn't hurt to ask. I have done so in the past. Seller never bothered to respond though

The downside to shopping on Ebay is that Ebay is really bad at detecting fakes. I have reported several fake Balenciagas, and most do not get removed. I saw someone pay 800 USD for a fake City...

They also usually do not do returns... If you have a problem, and you can't return it, you need to open disputes etc. Really boring, but important, as not opening a dispute when there is an issue, makes it easier for sellers to take advantage of inexperienced buyers.

--

Betina: I don't trust size charts either... But the outnet actually measured the item, and got it wrong by 8 cm... Guess that means I can eat as much ice cream as I'd like now

I'd probably try to get the difference refunded as well... As Eva said, it doesn't hurt to try...

--

I did contact Paypal, but I don't think they really read my email properly. I wanted to know if it was possible for me not to loose any money if I won the dispute, but they only said that they don't refund return costs. I don't know if that means I'll keep everything, or if I still have to return it at my own cost...

I am going on Holiday soon, and the idea of bringing the green dress, with the box, with me at all times, so that I can return it if they offer to pay, is exhausting...

25-07-2013
trendsetter

Thank you guys for your tips. I signed to Pinterest and already spent 2 hours on pinning and creating boards Really helpful and totally addictive.

As for me, I love watching old movies, especially with Catherine Deneuve or Audrey Hepburn. I also get really inspired by Dominique Loreau books and I would recommend these books for everyone who wants to get not only minimalistic style and closet, but also a clean lifestyle.

26-07-2013
backstage pass

Backless dress: Just wanted to share a good experience Remember I bought a backless summer dress in February? Mustard yellow with a black and white print from Thakoon Addition. Well, I love it but only wore it to the pool so far with a bikini since it is backless. So I bought myself one of those self adhesive "Fashion Forms" bra for the first time ever and I wore it to work today! At the office I wore a little cardigan with it, but I took it off for lunch and it felt great. Those things really work Consider me a fan of those bras now... And a huge fan of my dress, too

26-07-2013
Power to the 99%

betina, I guess your dress was someone else's return? I suspected that once when I got a 'new' mattress, and it had multiple bad springs. I wondered how many people they'd tried to foist it onto ... particularly yucky in this case

Got an e-mail from Lanvin with a poorly-translated tagline that I nonetheless thought described me fairly well

Quote:
The diversity of the Lanvin women, classy and flamboyant.
Wish I knew the original French ... maybe I can find it on their French website.

26-07-2013
trendsetter

^ That was my concern a couple of times when a long gone item was back in stock. Never had any problems with those, luckily.

Red, that's interesting! I heard a lot of critiques about those strap-on bras and none of them were good.
I'm not comfortable with wearing no bra so backless dresses are not an option for me, even though I really liked some.

Ta-ta, what was the original sentence? Maybe I could get it translated for you. I hate French myself, tbh. Having hard times even watching French movies.

I got a sweater this morning and it's perfect! Even more so than I thought it would be, so I'm really satisfied with my purchase. Was definitely worth waiting for such a bargain.

cos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 36639e97ea41b3471eea6133dc098739.jpg (27.1 KB, 2 views)

It never gets easier, you just go faster. (LeMond)

26-07-2013
Power to the 99%

^ Glad you're happy with your sweater! Is it knit through the body with chiffon sleeves? Looks very pretty.

I have no idea what it was in French ... I guess I need the French version of the e-mail. I see similar concepts in French on their website, but not the same sentence. I figured it would be more elegantly expressed in French ... I am not gifted at foreign languages, but I think it's beautiful.

Last edited by fashionista-ta; 26-07-2013 at 07:14 PM.

26-07-2013
front row

I tried googling for "la diversité de la femme Lanvin" but to no avail...

I've never tried those backless bras, but I have a major critic to them. They're sized A, B, C, D, DD - but there's no static cup size. How can I know if their D is a 28D or a 36D? a 40C would be the same as my 32FF, I think... while a 32C would be about five cup sizes off

More on topic, I also got my COS sweater and it too is lovely very comfortable and smooth.

26-07-2013
fashion elite

It's winter here in Australia, and at the beginning of winter I came on here saying there was nothing I needed but I was feeling really uninspired. I decided to do what many articles and magazines recommend and that is "Shop in my own wardrobe". I have set myself the challenge to wear a different outfit everyday and I cannot re-wear any dress or skirt till I have worn all of them or I have given the ones I will never wear away (With the exception of summer dresses and special occasion dresses). I have been doing it for about a month now and so far it's been amazing. I have rediscovered a love of so many of my clothes that I was on the verge of giving away. I do wear jeans every second day, but never with the same top/shoe combo.

My purchases for this winter have been:
-Fine black cashmere sweater
-thick navy cotton cardigan
-long sleeved white with fine blue stripe tee

I didn't realise that I hadn't been wearing lots of my clothes because I was missing these three items.

Because I have been so good I splurged and bought myself some expensive sunglasses.

I now have two more items I want to buy for winter

-Brown ankle biker boots
-chunky grey woollen sweater

26-07-2013
Power to the 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbaraaa View Post
I tried googling for "la diversité de la femme Lanvin" but to no avail...

I've never tried those backless bras, but I have a major critic to them. They're sized A, B, C, D, DD - but there's no static cup size. How can I know if their D is a 28D or a 36D? a 40C would be the same as my 32FF, I think... while a 32C would be about five cup sizes off

More on topic, I also got my COS sweater and it too is lovely very comfortable and smooth.
Aw, thank you for trying that

Hmm, interesting about the cup size ... I can kind of see the theory that there's no band, all you have is a cup ... but I guess you would have to try to see which one is yours. I really question whether anything backless would provide support if needed. I find a lot of bras that have bands & straps to be wimpy. I guess that would have to be some damn good adhesive ...

**Fewormany wanders off in search of a cup of coffee and a relevant topic right about now ... he just thought the bag and shoe talk was boring **

Good for you, misstarshine

Last edited by fashionista-ta; 26-07-2013 at 10:47 PM.

27-07-2013
backstage pass

Backless bras: Oh, I thought I was sharing something usefull I really thought it worked amazingly well. I felt comfortable all day in it. The cup (A) worked perfectly for me. But maybe that's the thing... I have a small bust but I still don't feel comfortable going braless. A bra just gives them some support and a nicer form. So maybe with a small bust it works well, why I can see the trouble for bigger busted girls. The bra really stayed firm in it's place and the adhesive was perfect. Maybe it depends on the brand as well? I tried "Fashion Forms" and thought I'd recommend it to the world

27-07-2013
fashion elite

I would like to know how C cup ladies find the backless bras. I have a longline bra that is almost corset like but allows you to wear backless dresses

27-07-2013
trendsetter

@Eva: I've written them now, I will update you on their answer.

@Eizhowa: that sounds crazy I would just return the dress and be over with it I guess, since it would really affect my mood having this issue unsolved.

@Ta-ta: either that or it was the one from the store. It was sold out online before the sales begun and now they suddenly had two. I am not sure if I am being a total bitch here, but really I think refunding the price difference would be the least they could do after sending me a dirty dress, since returning it is kind of a hassle now that I am going to my mothers..

@Jina: guess it will be mine as well after this experience. So nice that you enjoy your sweater.

@Missstarshine: sounds like your doing rwally good! I really should try shopping my own closet.

So, I have been busy AND a tad under the weather the past couple of days and therefore did not have time to write the Malene Birger customerservice before this morning to ask if I could have the courier pick up my package at my mom's. I guess they do not answer emails during the weekend and since I am leaving Monday morning I am wondering if it would be rude of me not to bring the package if I do not have an answer by then? I really do not want to bring it unless I know I can return it, but also I wish to get it out of my way as fast as possible and I would feel kind of rude not returning it until the next week, when I get home.

27-07-2013
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionista-ta View Post
**Fewormany wanders off in search of a cup of coffee and a relevant topic right about now ... he just thought the bag and shoe talk was boring **

And you're welcome I'm guessing it doesn't have a French version...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedandNavy View Post
Backless bras: Oh, I thought I was sharing something usefull I really thought it worked amazingly well. I felt comfortable all day in it. The cup (A) worked perfectly for me. But maybe that's the thing... I have a small bust but I still don't feel comfortable going braless. A bra just gives them some support and a nicer form. So maybe with a small bust it works well, why I can see the trouble for bigger busted girls. The bra really stayed firm in it's place and the adhesive was perfect. Maybe it depends on the brand as well? I tried "Fashion Forms" and thought I'd recommend it to the world
Oh, but I'm glad it worked for you and got you some more wear of that beautiful dress! I'm just really, really wary of their sizing system...

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#4, #5, 45, french, piece, wardrobe