How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

05-08-2013
fashion insider

I was wondering, does anyone has some experience with cashmere/silk blend sweaters? Quality and itchiness? Because I'm ogling a 70% cashmere, 30% silk sweater by Miu Miu at NAP. TIA!

05-08-2013
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nymphaea View Post
I was wondering, does anyone has some experience with cashmere/silk blend sweaters? Quality and itchiness? Because I'm ogling a 70% cashmere, 30% silk sweater by Miu Miu at NAP. TIA!
I have a cashmere/silk cardigan and it is divine! Generally I do not think cashmere is itchy but combined with silk it is super soft IMO.

05-08-2013
backstage pass

Quote:
Definitely super soft and sooo nice, though it can be a bit delicate?!

Feeling self-conscious at the beach/pool: Well, whatever your body, it will look best if you just really show it off at a beach / pool Show them those curves as if they were the hottest thing to have right now... I know that is easier said than done, but self-confidence definitely makes you look hotter. Funny enough, I've never felt better in a bikini than this year. I think this year is actually the first year ever that I didn't feel self-conscious... At 34 I finally learnt that you should just feel like a hot bitch when at the pool / beach But perhaps it also comes with age?! I feel like now in my mid-thirties and with two babies I don't have to look like the latest fashion model. That makes it easier for me. But then again you NEVER have to look like the latest fashion model if you aren't a fashion model. That's the huge advantage of not being a fashion model

Tata: Lovely earrings! I feel like I have to focus on the boots and the down jacket in September / October but I'll definitely look at that website again. So many nice pieces for reasonable prices!

Silk blouses: I love them and don't find them to be high maintance. I only clean them when they start to smell, and generally it takes a while until they are smelly / dirty. Really love them and wore one today.

05-08-2013
fashion elite

Miwi you reminded me that on my eternal list is a trench. It's on an eternal list because I'm just waiting till I find one I really love. I don't really need it now or in 6 months I would just like one.

I'm back into considering the Birkenstock sandals again after one of you reminded me of how much better for your feet they are than flip flops. I'm going on holidays in January and will probably be doing a lot of walking.

05-08-2013
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by misstarshine View Post
Miwi you reminded me that on my eternal list is a trench. It's on an eternal list because I'm just waiting till I find one I really love. I don't really need it now or in 6 months I would just like one.
Same here, I found a perfect one from the new H&M Trend collection which I hope to find in London.
I would prefer the black one (not expected at all, right? ), but the beige one is beautiful as well.

HM, fashiongonerogue
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg hmprod.jpeg (52.3 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg a114b97a016ef9ec9b070dcfdaa14be8.jpg (27.0 KB, 1 views)

It never gets easier, you just go faster. (LeMond)

05-08-2013
fashion elite

Oh yes that trench is nice

07-08-2013
trendsetter

I am going to Copenhagen today to meet with a friend and see an exhibition of shoes from the 1600s. Was thinking about going there early to see if I could find a store that has the Rika bag so I could see it in real life. But really I do not want to get tempted by anything now that I have decided not to shop - so I do not think I will go.

Also I had the opportunity to spent a few hours on the fashion fair and visit some of the brand that has invited me through my blog, but after a long week of work (and three more before that) I would rather go home and be with my boyfriend. Getting my priorities straight here, I guess.

07-08-2013
fashion insider

^I totally sympathise with you, don't feel (too) guilty, I would do the same in your situation.

07-08-2013
trendsetter

Quote:
^I totally sympathise with you, don't feel (too) guilty, I would do the same in your situation.
Thank you I do not feel guilty at all. It is really nice that fashion is not that big a part of my life anymore. I still enjoy planning my wardrobe and visiting this thread but other than that is does not take up as much time than it used to.

07-08-2013
fashion insider

^Good for you!

I'm still contemplating if I want that cashmere/silk sweater. When I googled these fabrics I found a lot of comments on pilling.

07-08-2013
trendsetter

Quote:
^Good for you!

I'm still contemplating if I want that cashmere/silk sweater. When I googled these fabrics I found a lot of comments on pilling.
If you like it a lot and you need it I would definetely buy it. As mentioned before I find it to be a great combination, and I have not found that it pills a lot. Anyhow a lint-shaver would be a good investment. They cost next to nothing and keep you knitwear in mint condition.

07-08-2013
i'm almost ready..

i don't find cashmere itchy at all. i don't have the pilling thing figured out, to be honest. i've had items that i thought were good quality pill, and then cheaper things that haven't. doesn't make sense...

this reminds me... my favourite grey cashmere sweater ripped on a long haul flight i was on recently. i'm not sure if it can be repaired. so sad...

07-08-2013
Power to the 99%

Quote:
^Good for you!

I believe it's not the fibers that cause the pilling, but the quality of the fibers (i.e., the quality of the sweater).

08-08-2013
tfs star

I've been on the lookout for the perfect pair of leather riding boots for many years now. I immediately fell in love with these (even though they're from Guess ) and I thought I hit the jackpot with these. Until I tried them on. They're very feminine, which I like, but I can feel the boot is too flimsy and definitely not worth the 300€ price tag. The search for the perfect riding boot continues!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo.JPG (80.3 KB, 3 views)

08-08-2013
windowshopping

Yes this thread is THERAPY. I just wish I had more time to read it from start to finish

I am aiming in the next couple of months to get my wardrobe down to a more manageable level.

Can I ask how many pieces everyone has in their wardrobe? (Not including underwear, tights and lounge/workout wear).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliette View Post
As far as my fall wishlist goes, I'm pretty set on a pair of black Acne Pistol boots. I just hope they won't last only one season, in that case I would prefer to buy a less expensive pair!
I've had my Pistols for exactly two years now and after regular wear (at least 2 times a week during the cooler seasons), I've only just needed to have them re-heeled. They are honestly the most hard wearing boots I have EVER owned.
You will not be disappointed.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#4, #5, 45, french, piece, wardrobe