How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

15-08-2013
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betinapple View Post
BTW I am really in doubt regarding the bag situation, yet again. I was pretty sure I would buy the Rika bag, but the past weeks it is a black bag with silver hardware I have been "missing" when getting dressed in the morning.

Please feel free to pin anything to match that description, to my recommandations board on pinterest. I need something that can hold a 10" tablet and a camera.

THX a bunch ladies
Also, if anyone (Eizhowa?) have experience with Balenciaga bags please speak up. I have kind of fallen in love with the Pom Pom and the Matelasse.

Thx - and sorry for spamming

15-08-2013
tfs star

I love the back of that dress, Betina

Thanks for your input on my coat, Betina. I did consider camel, but I struggle to find a dark enough camel to suit my taste and coloring. If I were a blonde, I think camel would have been ideal. My Acne scarf is light camel, so I am thinking getting a brown coat, or a tweed/herringbone one. I have no brown or light camel items, so to avoid over-matching, I think those will work well as outerwear. Problem is that brown isn't a very "fashionable" color right now, so finding one seems impossible...

Maybe if I find the perfect camel coat, I'll have to sell my Acne scarf and buy the burgundy one instead. You never know

I love my Balenciaga bag I got mine second hand (if I paid 1000 GBP for a bag I would never have the nerve to wear it...). The City has a leather that looks better with age imo, and you can't see any flaws unless you hold it up and study it closely. Which no sane person does I also like that the black Bals have an undertone which adds interest... I think the pom pom is similar. Same leather, I think. I don't know much about the Matelasse. I think it might scratch more easily, and maybe it is a bit similar to the Stam bag you already own? I don't know if the Pom Pom or Matelasse have the same re-sell value as the city either. I never researched them, as I only considered the First and the City myself.

I have actually been considering a First or City in a burgundy shade... When I feel reckless with my money

15-08-2013
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eizhowa View Post
I love the back of that dress, Betina

Thanks for your input on my coat, Betina. I did consider camel, but I struggle to find a dark enough camel to suit my taste and coloring. If I were a blonde, I think camel would have been ideal. My Acne scarf is light camel, so I am thinking getting a brown coat, or a tweed/herringbone one. I have no brown or light camel items, so to avoid over-matching, I think those will work well as outerwear. Problem is that brown isn't a very "fashionable" color right now, so finding one seems impossible...

Maybe if I find the perfect camel coat, I'll have to sell my Acne scarf and buy the burgundy one instead. You never know

I love my Balenciaga bag I got mine second hand (if I paid 1000 GBP for a bag I would never have the nerve to wear it...). The City has a leather that looks better with age imo, and you can't see any flaws unless you hold it up and study it closely. Which no sane person does I also like that the black Bals have an undertone which adds interest... I think the pom pom is similar. Same leather, I think. I don't know much about the Matelasse. I think it might scratch more easily, and maybe it is a bit similar to the Stam bag you already own? I don't know if the Pom Pom or Matelasse have the same re-sell value as the city either. I never researched them, as I only considered the First and the City myself.

I have actually been considering a First or City in a burgundy shade... When I feel reckless with my money
I love, love, love that back as well. I have come to think that it might not be the most practical thing for winter though. I will see if it is available when we reach the 1st of September. If not, no harm done. I was really psyched at first but now I know I can do without and really I have other things I would
rather buy. Like a Balenciaga bag. Because I am reckless with my money as well

You are right regarding brown. Not really in style ATM. I think something tweed or herringbone would be a nice twist though. If not I am all for trading the ACNE scarf for a burgundy one and buying a camel coat.

Thank you for your input regarding the Balenciaga bag. I used to be convinced that Balenciaga was not for me. To edgy somehow, but I have come to really like them. Especially the two models I mentioned. I adore the Matelasse and although it is quilt I do not think it is too much like my Stam bag. I am not sure how well it fits my needs though since I like being able to carry my bag over the shoulder.

I really like the "first" as well and I can see it is available with an across body strap as well, which would be a nice addition. Do you have a city or a first and how much can it hold? I need something slightly big since a carry a lof of sh*t around. Pardon my french.

BTW: not to lure you into any sorts of trouble, but there is a Norweigan seller on danish Trendsales selling a Burgundy first for 3500 DKK

Last edited by Betinapple; 15-08-2013 at 02:07 PM.

15-08-2013
tfs star

^Thanks for the heads up about the burgundy first I''ll check it out. I might get another city though. Not sure.

Great, now I really want a burgundy acne scarf. Would go so well with my imaginary burgundy balenciaga First....

The City doesn't hold a lot. They won't fit a A4. Maybe a tablet would fit. The First I have heard holds nothing but wallet, keys and a phone I have heard. The City will hold a large wool scarf + what the city holds. There is a "whats in my bag" (or something) thread at the purseforum. They have a special thread for balenciagas.

The shoulder strap is very short. At least mine is. Wearing it as a cross-body requires a small frame, but it can be done.

You might consider getting a larger version, like the "Work". I have no experience with those, but they should hold more.

About my imaginary coat, ideally I would find a cool medium brown shade with a subtle tweed/herringbone material, and one of those beautiful belt details at the back. I have attached a picture to show what I mean. Ignore the fact that it is fur... It was the only picture I found on my computer

I realize brown is not very "in fashion", but I crave something that will go with my eyes... There is so little colors that look great with pale skin, red hair and brown eyes in my opinion. All "color guides" assume I have blue eyes and advice me to wear lots of blue. No thank you... And I have no green tones in my eyes, so that doesn't work either... Sorry for the rant, but this issue bugs me
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 348px-Mexican_Ocelot_fur_coat_2.jpg (88.1 KB, 1 views)

15-08-2013
trendsetter

Quote:
^Thanks for the heads up about the burgundy first I''ll check it out. I might get another city though. Not sure.

Great, now I really want a burgundy acne scarf. Would go so well with my imaginary burgundy balenciaga First....

The City doesn't hold a lot. They won't fit a A4. Maybe a tablet would fit. The First I have heard holds nothing but wallet, keys and a phone I have heard. The City will hold a large wool scarf + what the city holds. There is a "whats in my bag" (or something) thread at the purseforum. They have a special thread for balenciagas.

The shoulder strap is very short. At least mine is. Wearing it as a cross-body requires a small frame, but it can be done.

You might consider getting a larger version, like the "Work". I have no experience with those, but they should hold more.

About my imaginary coat, ideally I would find a cool medium brown shade with a subtle tweed/herringbone material, and one of those beautiful belt details at the back. I have attached a picture to show what I mean. Ignore the fact that it is fur... It was the only picture I found on my computer

I realize brown is not very "in fashion", but I crave something that will go with my eyes... There is so little colors that look great with pale skin, red hair and brown eyes in my opinion. All "color guides" assume I have blue eyes and advice me to wear lots of blue. No thank you... And I have no green tones in my eyes, so that doesn't work either... Sorry for the rant, but this issue bugs me
Again, thank you for your help!

I took a lot at the Balenciaga webshop. Currently I am mostly into the Giant Town with silver hardware. Looks so gorgeous and it should be around 24*34 cm which is almost the size of my Bayswater. The dept is only around 8 cm., only half of the Bayswater. Not sure if that would be an issue. Also the strap looks longer. Not a very popular model though so it might not be easy to find 2nd hand.

I am not sure if I understand what you mean regarding the belt. The picture surprised me a bit though, until I read your reason for posting it

I understand your frustration regarding colours. Really, a lot of things is black right now, and I can understand that it does not go with your colours. Not too sure it goes well with mine neither.. Can you do navy?

15-08-2013
tfs star

^^The picture is from Etsy btw, Moderators.

Betina, Less popular might also mean that you can get a second hand one it for less... you never know

My skin looks very yellow in blue (so of course, as faith would have it, part of my work uniform is a blue shirt.) I love navy with black, but neither colors makes me look alive, and I try to not go for the "dead"-look too much. My grandmother worries.

The belt does not go around the coat, it is attached at the back, or at the waist under the arms. It is just a nice detail that adds shape imo. It is not very common any more, but I love them I have attached another example.

Images from gingerfashion.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1317307543-61770300.jpg (57.6 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 1317307543-94528900.jpg (10.4 KB, 2 views)

15-08-2013
trendsetter

Quote:
^^The picture is from Etsy btw, Moderators.

Betina, Less popular might also mean that you can get a second hand one it for less... you never know

My skin looks very yellow in blue (so of course, as faith would have it, part of my work uniform is a blue shirt.) I love navy with black, but neither colors makes me look alive, and I try to not go for the "dead"-look too much. My grandmother worries.

The belt does not go around the coat, it is attached at the back, or at the waist under the arms. It is just a nice detail that adds shape imo. It is not very common any more, but I love them I have attached another example.

Images from gingerfashion.
True. However, there is none of them on trendsales at the moment. But since I am not purchasing anything right now I guess that is okay..

I can totally understand not going for the "dead" look. I wish I had your kind of eye for colouring. I have no idea what really suits me and makes me shine.

I understand what you mean about the coat now. Gives a very beautiful shape.

15-08-2013
Power to the 99%

As far as brown ... back when it was a staple color for me, I could always find it ... so don't give up Perhaps vintage would be an option as well?

15-08-2013
tfs star

^Vintage is definitely an option, but there are very few vintage stores in Norway and customs fees are very high... But I'll keep looking

15-08-2013
trendsetter

Quote:
There is so little colors that look great with pale skin, red hair and brown eyes in my opinion.
Reminds me of Donna from Suits (are you watching it?), she has a similar colouring and I think she looks way better in different shades of grey (I just hate that phrase because of the stupid book ) than she does in black, but 'real' colours suiting her are burgundy, dark and emerald green.
Navy and other shades of blue makes a contrast too strong and leads to washed-out effect imo.

It never gets easier, you just go faster. (LeMond)

15-08-2013
Power to the 99%

Quote:
^Vintage is definitely an option, but there are very few vintage stores in Norway and customs fees are very high... But I'll keep looking
Do your countrywomen actually wear things till they can be worn no more, as I do? Mine certainly do not ...

15-08-2013
front row

Well, I think your coloring sounds beautiful eizhowa (though I may be biased since I've been craving to dye my hair red ).

I have turned into one of those people who shop for coats in August. I just fell in love with this one below from ASOS, which isn't even available yet, yet I'm already saving up money for it. It's a gorgeous bright pink (I really want a statement coat this winter) with black buttons and it's mohair. It's a bit much for my budget at almost 160€ so if it won't be absolutely perfect I'll definitely be sending it back.

16-08-2013
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliette View Post
Well, I think your coloring sounds beautiful eizhowa (though I may be biased since I've been craving to dye my hair red ).

I have turned into one of those people who shop for coats in August. I just fell in love with this one below from ASOS, which isn't even available yet, yet I'm already saving up money for it. It's a gorgeous bright pink (I really want a statement coat this winter) with black buttons and it's mohair. It's a bit much for my budget at almost 160€ so if it won't be absolutely perfect I'll definitely be sending it back.

Beautiful coat. Glad to see that getting rid of all of your pinks was not intentional - I think it really suits you.

16-08-2013
tfs star

Thank you, Juliette I love statement coats on blondes and brunettes! I think if your wardrobe is now void of pinks, a pink coat would be great, as there is no chance of over doing the color. I think 160 euro for a coat you can wear every day for months is worth it, but only if it is perfect, like you mention

Jinadaze: Well, I am watching it now, that's for sure With a note pad, ready to analyse We do have a similar coloring, but I think I am a tad clear. Bit paler and more red.

Betina, Thank you, but to be honest, I only really know which colors I look terrible in... I am not sure which colors make me "shine". Yet. give me time You look great in charcoals, I seem to remember

Ta-ta: I don't think my countrywomen wear their clothes to pieces either, but I think most would rather get a larger closet than donate their quality coats. The only vintage shops locally are Fretex, and they send the best pieces to their flagship store in Oslo... The XL polyester pieces end up in my town... And there aren't a lot of old designer pieces to find, unless the previous owner traveled abroad a lot. As a nation, we have never been known for our style...

Last edited by eizhowa; 16-08-2013 at 07:21 AM.

16-08-2013
trendsetter

Quote:
Thank you, Juliette I love statement coats on blondes and brunettes! I think if your wardrobe is now void of pinks, a pink coat would be great, as there is no chance of over doing the color. I think 160 euro for a coat you can wear every day for months is worth it, but only if it is perfect, like you mention

Jinadaze: Well, I am watching it now, that's for sure With a note pad, ready to analyse We do have a similar coloring, but I think I am a tad clear. Bit paler and more red.

Betina, Thank you, but to be honest, I only really know which colors I look terrible in... I am not sure which colors make me "shine". Yet. give me time You look great in charcoals, I seem to remember

Ta-ta: I don't think my countrywomen wear their clothes to pieces either, but I think most would rather get a larger closet than donate their quality coats. The only vintage shops locally are Fretex, and they send the best pieces to their flagship store in Oslo... The XL polyester pieces end up in my town... And there aren't a lot of old designer pieces to find, unless the previous owner traveled abroad a lot. As a nation, we have never been known for our style...
Well. I think that you are I am also better at noticing colours that do not suit me. Like beige or yellow.

I think you might be right about the charcoal, good thing that the grey cardigan I am planning on purchasing is charcoal. I also think I look good in light grey. Maybe I should buy more greys and less black. I just love black because it is so easy..

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#4, #5, 45, french, piece, wardrobe