How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

16-08-2013
trendsetter

After googling like a maniac I think the Balenciaga Matelasse bag actually comes in a large size which also can be carried on the shoulder. I adore that bag and really hope it is the case. Think I will keep an eye on EBAY.

16-08-2013
Power to the 99%

Pretty pink coat, Juliette. Are you enjoying your scarf?

16-08-2013
tfs star

Betina, I think black and grey outfits look really chic with your skin tone (tanned...) and hair color. Also, there is something so incredible Danish about the whole black from head to toe-look I actually spent some time trying to analyze which color suit me by the window with a large mirror and a lot of color samples. Apparently, I look better in black than in white. Didn't know that was even possible

I just received my Saint James Breton and my tan Porselli flats, and I love them They fit perfectly with the summer capsule I am trying to make. When the SS season started, I felt like I had nothing to build on, but hopefully next year, I will have I have made a set in Polyvore, which shows what I consider the core of my summer wardrobe. I have only included pieces I am 100% satisfied with.

Sandals, plain tees, jeans and black blazer are items that look like mine.

lagarconne/toast/ecco/mycolorfashion/styledrops/origamileather/sofeminine/newminimalism.tumblr/boutique1/matchesfashion/theoutnet/gingers.tumblr/laredoute
Attached Images
File Type: png Uten navn.png (343.2 KB, 29 views)

Last edited by eizhowa; 16-08-2013 at 04:49 PM.

17-08-2013
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eizhowa View Post
Betina, I think black and grey outfits look really chic with your skin tone (tanned...) and hair color. Also, there is something so incredible Danish about the whole black from head to toe-look I actually spent some time trying to analyze which color suit me by the window with a large mirror and a lot of color samples. Apparently, I look better in black than in white. Didn't know that was even possible

I just received my Saint James Breton and my tan Porselli flats, and I love them They fit perfectly with the summer capsule I am trying to make. When the SS season started, I felt like I had nothing to build on, but hopefully next year, I will have I have made a set in Polyvore, which shows what I consider the core of my summer wardrobe. I have only included pieces I am 100% satisfied with.

Sandals, plain tees, jeans and black blazer are items that look like mine.

lagarconne/toast/ecco/mycolorfashion/styledrops/origamileather/sofeminine/newminimalism.tumblr/boutique1/matchesfashion/theoutnet/gingers.tumblr/laredoute
I do not consider myself to be tanned But thank you. I do like black/grey kombos. And I enjoy all black. But lately it has not felt "right" wearing it. I do not feel like doing colour neither, but I like to add a little grey, cream or denim. Maybe it is due to the fact that it is summer.

Oddly enough white looks better on me than cream since white makes my skintone look darker and cream is too close to my teint. Sadly, since for some reason white and too big contrasts hurts my eye a bit at the moment and I therefore prefer cream. Which I CAN wear although white is better. Perhaps cream would be better for you?

Nice idea about creating a visual collection of your summer wardrobe. Maybe I should try that. I love how everything goes together and makes it easy for you to mix and match. And I adore the Vanessa Bruno dress.

So glad to hear that you are happy about your purchases. Both of them looks like really good staples.

17-08-2013
fashion elite

Eizhowa I love your capsule collection. The colours are gorgeous

17-08-2013
tfs star

I have huge problems finding shoes that fit properly and I'm so happy I got these babies AND they were 50% off!

transportfootwear.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo.JPG (81.9 KB, 1 views)

17-08-2013
front row

eizhowa, I think we may have similar skintones... I'm a yellowish pale too. Except I think I look good in black, and navy doesn't make me look dead (it's the only shade of blue that doesn't do so - but it's definitely not the best colour on me). Like Betina said, cream could be better for you - I think cream looks better on me than white does, due to the lesser contrast with my yellowish skin, although I still like white. I find reds and pinks to be my best colours, but then again I have different hair and eye colour (light brown/dark blonde hair, and some green/brown/hazel eye colour that looks browner due to my heavy glasses)... and that does make a lot of difference, as I know reds would most likely not be your first choice in colours and that it's my hair colour that makes black look good on me.

17-08-2013
tfs star

Thank you, Betina and Misstarshine. Making a visual representation really does help, I think.

Barbaraa: Red is actually a beautiful color on me, if you ignore my hair. I would probably say that if I dyed my hair blonde, it would be my best color. Makes the white of my eyes whiter, my eyes clearer and my skin brighter. But I am not dying my hair blonde

I think cream/ivory is better on me, but I still think black is better than the cream. At least now, at the end of August, when my skin is the least sallow. There comes a point when white washes you out I think, because it is too close to your skin tone. The only thing I see when I wear white is the yellow tint to my skin... Need to stop eating all those apples and carrots. All that beta-carotene is not good for my skin color

Betina: Obviously you have very tanned friends to compare with You could also check Vestiarecollective for your bag. Sometimes a Matelasse does show up. They also keep a record of sold bags, so you can see what they go for. (http://www.vestiairecollective.com/s...ted+balenciaga)

17-08-2013
Power to the 99%

talbots
^ Hmm ... I have noticed this too a bit ... that my coloring has different components to it. My hair is chestnut (strawberry blonde when I was little) ... I can wear many different reds successfully, but hot pinks/magentas due to my pink skin are another story. I want there to be a red that works on you ... what about brick red?

So I went shopping today and bought several things ...

First the wallet I've been needing. Other serious contenders were a Lanvin Amalia black quilted lambskin (similar to what I have now, but actually a wallet) with interior emerald green. Also Bottega purple/white stingray with bright purple leather trim and interior. Decided while shopping today that I shouldn't get something so similar to what I already have, but branch out, and get something in a color rather than black.

I got a ruched tea rose zippered wallet from Coach ... I've pinned to In My Closet. (Their site won't let me save the image.) I think it's really beautiful ... pretty enough to carry as a clutch. I noticed the matching bags first, which led me to look for the same style leather in a wallet.

Also found a black/ivory polka dot blouse (this is a crummy picture--those are just weird shadows at the bottom, it's only small polka dots), and another watermelon red lipstick that is better than the other one I bought. I will still use the other one

The blouse is piece #3 for fall (I don't count small leather goods).

The wallet also came in a coral/terra cotta and black ... the mauve was what I spotted first. Decided it would be the best fit with all my bags while still getting a color rather than black.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Talbots polka dot blouse.jpg (52.3 KB, 101 views)

Last edited by fashionista-ta; 17-08-2013 at 11:01 PM.

17-08-2013
Power to the 99%

One other thing I forgot to mention ... tonight at dinner one of the women asked, Are all of you like me ... do you have more clothes right now than you can possibly wear for the rest of your life?

I explained that no, I buy 5-6 items twice a year, and I actually wear my clothes, so they wear out. I said, You've probably seen what I'm wearing tonight before, and she said no, she didn't remember it.

The interesting thing is that I have seen her wear certain things repeatedly ... I would have said she didn't have that many clothes.

18-08-2013
tfs star

^That's interesting. Maybe you are just more observant And even if she has a large wardrobe, it doesn't mean she wears a large part of it... I also think that if you are very concerned about what you wear yourself, you are less likely to notice what everyone else is wearing...

I looked at the wallet on your Pinterest. Very pretty, definitely pretty enough to wear as a clutch You can save the image after pinning it, though

Small polka dots and striped do not photograph well, that's probably why the top is a bit unfocused at the bottom.

I actually have a velvet blazer that is sort of brick red. There are probably many shades of brick red... I have it pinned on one of my newer boards. I think a large part of reason I can get away with it is the fact that velvet contains many shades of its main color, so some will always match my hair. It doesn't do the wonders for my skin what the less orangy-reds do, but it is not a bad color.

etsy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg aeb21b0502cc1854c3a4109645b2b65a.jpg (68.8 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by eizhowa; 18-08-2013 at 11:00 AM.

18-08-2013
Power to the 99%

coach
^ Ah, thanks, I see what you mean ... not from the main page, but from the detail. Here it is ...

I had a brick red blouse in college that I really liked ... will keep an eye out & pin if I see something that's the color I mean. Don't know if it's my monitor, but I would have called the velvet rust ... very pretty jacket.

My mother has dyed her hair red since junior high & totally considers herself a redhead She doesn't like rust as she claims it makes her look like a tree
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Coach tea rose wallet.jpg (53.5 KB, 1 views)

18-08-2013
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionista-ta View Post
^ Ah, thanks, I see what you mean ... not from the main page, but from the detail. Here it is ...

I had a brick red blouse in college that I really liked ... will keep an eye out & pin if I see something that's the color I mean. Don't know if it's my monitor, but I would have called the velvet rust ... very pretty jacket.

My mother has dyed her hair red since junior high & totally considers herself a redhead She doesn't like rust as she claims it makes her look like a tree
Too funny

I've been trying to find the correct names for the colors I am interested in for ages. Ginger, Camel, Caramel, Auburn, Cognac, Brown, Pumpkin, Orange, Tan, Rust, Brick red, Spice, Copper. The two shades of the same color I am looking for has been called all of these names in total...

Feel free to pin as much as you like

18-08-2013
front row

I was buying some basic camis at MangoOutlet when I realized this cardigan that I have pinned and unpinned often was ridiculously cheap (under 5€!), so I got it. I also got a leopard print scarf in a gray hue (goes better with my wardrobe than brown! Which was actually sold out) from the website.

mangooutlet.com

19-08-2013
i'm almost ready..

i'm starting to think about creating a somewhat focused 'wish list' for fall... i want some way to save/collect pictures as inspiration and see what the general likenesses are between them....what the common threads are in what i like and am drawn to... and then combine that with pieces i already have to figure out what i'd like to buy, and start looking for those items. does that make sense?

does anyone have any suggestions on how best to do this? saving pictures individually is good but it doesn't really allow me to view them comparatively or as a whole.... i signed up for polyvore but it doesn't seem like i can save or upload pictures of outfits, just select individual items.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#4, #5, 45, french, piece, wardrobe