How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

28-08-2013
trendsetter

@Jina: guess what? After reading your comment I just checked the site where I originally was planning on purchasing the cardigan, and it was back in stock in size XS (the one I ordered yesterday was a size S, in the hopes of me being able to fit into it, since I am a size XS. So this is just perfect. Need I say I went ahead and ordered it? Also the site I ordered it from had free postage. So much for being fine with it being gone but you are perfectly right, finding the item that is just perfect can really be a hassle and since I felt kind of bummed when I woke up today, I guess I made the right decission. It is the kind of item that I am planning on wearing with everything for fall.

I really like the boots. How much are they? I would not spend more time looking if these are excactly wghat you have been looking for.

@Eva:
thank you dear - turned out it just got back in stock

@Adorefaith: very lovely boots! I will definetly recommend the Pistol boot. I loooove mine.

28-08-2013
trendsetter

Yay! This happens to me very often, so when an item I am lusting over is out of stock I keep looking if/when it will come back and often it does. Just great you got it, I am sure you will be satisfied and wear it a lot.

'My' chelsea boots cost 50 £, leather of course. I really like the 'heel' height since I am not fond of completely flat shoes in general (hard for walking too), and also the fact they are a bit higher than my previous pair.

It never gets easier, you just go faster. (LeMond)

28-08-2013
front row

Thank you everyone for your feedback on those boots! I'll have to see them IRL and try them on before making an actual decision, however. Funny that quite a few of us are looking into boots at the same time

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvaH View Post
Barbara, I think those booties are lovely and I definitely see them working with your wardrobe I hope you hear some news on the job front ! (Or did you already? This thread moves so quickly )
I haven't heard the final decision yet, but I'm on the last part of a long process and with quite high hopes!

I also hope you are doing fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinadaze View Post
Barbaraaa, I would get those ankle boots if I were you, I adore burgundy/black combination (wearing it a lot during colder months), but make sure they are warm enough. I am pointing on the lower cut at the sides.
That is a good point! I wasn't so worried about the cold (never gets too cold here...) as about the stability. As in, the cut out might make them a bit unstable. Still have to try them on. Also those are some great chelsea boots! I've never heard anything but good things about ASOS footwear - if my feet weren't so difficult I would definitely give them a try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betinapple View Post
@Jina: guess what? After reading your comment I just checked the site where I originally was planning on purchasing the cardigan, and it was back in stock in size XS (the one I ordered yesterday was a size S, in the hopes of me being able to fit into it, since I am a size XS. So this is just perfect. Need I say I went ahead and ordered it? Also the site I ordered it from had free postage. So much for being fine with it being gone
So it all ended well Maybe it was a good thing that it wasn't available yesterday

29-08-2013
trendsetter

@Jina: looking forward to see if it fits both my body and my high expectations!

Really good price for a pair of leather boots!

@Barbaraa: I think so. I am always a size XS these days. I have heard that this brand is somewhat small in the sizing though.

I still really do not feel like shopping at all and I am really contenmplating seeing how long I can keep this going since it feels good.

30-08-2013
tfs star

^^I have also found a pair of chelsea boots with a heel... I guess it is that time of the year. I'll have to wait until I find the shoes on a site that includes taxes and import duties though. I can't afford it otherwise.

Betina: I haven't bought the bag yet. Figured I might as well wait until September.

T-shirts: I found some great basic tees the other day. I had sort of made peace with the fact that a nice cut tee would cost me at least 400 NOK (60 usd), and I was very pleased to find lots of really nice ones at Monki for 80 NOK (12 usd). The matrial was 100% viscose, which I love The cut was perfect also. They were not to long in the torso, not too clingy, not cut too low and the sleeves were not too long. The white was almost completely see-through, but I am 21, and I can live with that as long as I wear a pretty bra and I am not visiting my grandmother They are so comfy that I wanted to buy a dozen, but I managed to controll myself and only get 4. I am considering to stock up further if they wash well. I am not sure if they will... but I think I love them so much I might hand wash them

Last edited by eizhowa; 30-08-2013 at 04:25 AM.

30-08-2013
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eizhowa View Post
^^I have also found a pair of chelsea boots with a heel... I guess it is that time of the year. I'll have to wait until I find the shoes on a site that includes taxes and import duties though. I can't afford it otherwise.

Betina: I haven't bought the bag yet. Figured I might as well wait until September.

T-shirts: I found some great basic tees the other day. I had sort of made peace with the fact that a nice cut tee would cost me at least 400 NOK (60 usd), and I was very pleased to find lots of really nice ones at Monki for 80 NOK (12 usd). The matrial was 100% viscose, which I love The cut was perfect also. They were not to long in the torso, not too clingy, not cut too low and the sleeves were not too long. The white was almost completely see-through, but I am 21, and I can live with that as long as I wear a pretty bra and I am not visiting my grandmother They are so comfy that I wanted to buy a dozen, but I managed to controll myself and only get 4. I am considering to stock up further if they wash well. I am not sure if they will... but I think I love them so much I might hand wash them
Wise decission. What is the name of that tee? Sounds interesting.

My cardigan should be arriving today. So excited to see if it is just as great as I think!

30-08-2013
trendsetter

My cardigan has arrived and it is perfect! Everything I wanted and made from super soft 100% wool. I will take some pictures of it later today.

30-08-2013
tfs star

^Sounds really great! I still can't believe that Acnes or Filippa Ks version aren't pure wool. Really excited to see which shade of grey (cringe) it is.

The t-shirt is the "Lerima" model. I've attached a picture of the grey one. It is softer than it looks in the picture though And less purple I think the monitor on the computer I am on is very off, color-wise.

monki
Attached Images
File Type: jpg untitled.jpg (243.3 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by eizhowa; 30-08-2013 at 06:09 AM.

30-08-2013
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eizhowa View Post
^Sounds really great! I still can't believe that Acnes or Filippa Ks version aren't pure wool. Really excited to see which shade of grey (cringe) it is.

The t-shirt is the "Lerima" model. I've attached a picture of the grey one. It is softer than it looks in the picture though And less purple I think the monitor on the computer I am on is very off, color-wise.

monki
I was really chocked to see that the Filippa K version is almost only made of man-made fibres. One could just as well buy a similar cardigan from H&M then IMO, and to make the matter even more silly, mine is cheaper than both the Filippa cardigan and the ACNE raya. And, all modesty aside, I consider mine to be a better quality.

That tee looks great and the price is insane! Please let me know how well it will do when being washed.

30-08-2013
front row

Yay for the purchase Betina and Eizhowa

I have a silly question: I read (I think it was here on the fashion damage thread) that someone bought some white Louboutin shoes (Satin?) but never wore them and kept them in a box. A year later they were stained...
I found the perfect shoes for my bridesmaids and I am scared they might not be available in 2 years (+ my dress maker will need them for the toile and dress fittings) so I wanted to buy them now but I am scared they might turn "sour" in 2 years time.. I am also wondering if you think the style of shoes would be comfortable (pep toe/front) or if I should maybe look for some strappy sandals for them? :/ Thank you!
Credit: Jimmy Choo

I haven't purchases anything for the 4-5 pieces yet so I am quite proud of myself, I was supposed to not get anything before Sept/Oct and seeing as things are, I will probably keep my vow

30-08-2013
tfs star

What is comfortable depends very much on the shape of your feet. I think trying them on and walking a little Would be the easiest way of finding out.

The Louboutin-saleswoman said that "everyone knows you shouldn't keep the shoes in their box". If everyone does know, they should be able to tell you How to store them. I found that whole incident ridiculous. Why out shoes in å box that Would ruin them?

I think she had the shoes for 2 years though. I think her problem was that she lost the right to complain after two years...

Last edited by eizhowa; 30-08-2013 at 03:30 PM.

31-08-2013
trendsetter

I have no experience on that matter, Eva. However, I think it sounds insane that shoes should be able to stain from just lying in the box. I have always kept my shoes in their boxes and even those that has not been worn often have never stained. Maybe you could keep them in cotton bags in the boxes?

However, I would not buy shoes 2 years before you have to use them. You can change your mind a millions time in the meantime I think.

Finally; my cardigan. It is from the danish brand Sibin Linnebjerg and I looove it already. I think it will be my favourite item this winter. Goes with everything and is very nice and warm.

31-08-2013
fashion insider

Great cardigan Betinapple, looks comfy. Is it soft?

@EvaH I agree with Betinapple. You have to be pretty sure of your choice to buy shoes 2 years in advance.

I keep most of my shoes in their original boxes and I have never had any problems whatsoever.

And concerning the fit of shoes: you have to try them. Sometimes shoes look uncomfortable and the fit is great and the other way around also applies. It's the shape of the shoe and your foot that has to match and you can only know this by trying them on.

I bought a chic winter hat, happy!

selfridges

31-08-2013
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nymphaea View Post
Great cardigan Betinapple, looks comfy. Is it soft?

@EvaH I agree with Betinapple. You have to be pretty sure of your choice to buy shoes 2 years in advance.

I keep most of my shoes in their original boxes and I have never had any problems whatsoever.

And concerning the fit of shoes: you have to try them. Sometimes shoes look uncomfortable and the fit is great and the other way around also applies. It's the shape of the shoe and your foot that has to match and you can only know this by trying them on.

I bought a chic winter hat, happy!
selfridges
It is super soft! I have never worn as soft wool as what this cardigan is made oft.

Love the hat!

31-08-2013
front row

I love the hat, Nymphaea! I wish I could pull hats off myself

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#4, #5, 45, french, piece, wardrobe