How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

11-06-2013
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fewormany View Post
The sale at COS started and since pretty much everything I got there last year(s) is still in heavy rotation I might get a couple of nice things there.
Does not look like a bad idea to me Keep us posted.

Not much to say here. I bought a pair of sandals thursday. The ones i was eyeing when I bought my pumps. They were marked down insanely much and since I am working 3 weeks straight this summer I figured that sandals that I can walk and stand in for hours would not be a bad investment. So far I am really happy with them. They are my 7th piece this season. Pics on pinterest.

Saturday I went thrifting with my mom. She found a really nice polkadotted silk shirt for me. I was hesitating but she ended up cutting through and buying it for me since she thought I would regret it otherwise. Good thing, I have already worn it a couple of times. It is super cute and I always need more blouses.

11-06-2013
front row

cute sandals, Betina!

I checked out the COS online sale (I suspect we are both on their mailinglist, FeworMany , but found nothing that I really loved. So I think I'll abstain this time. I do love every single piece I've ever gotten there, though.

12-06-2013
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistelette View Post
cute sandals, Betina!

I checked out the COS online sale (I suspect we are both on their mailinglist, FeworMany , but found nothing that I really loved. So I think I'll abstain this time. I do love every single piece I've ever gotten there, though.
Thx!

Funny, I do not think that COS has started the sale in Denmark yet.

What are the rest of you looking for in the sales? I know that RedAndNavy already posted her list.

I do not have anything inparticular and perhaps I wont buy anything. I am trying not to do any shopping before I go to Berlin. I do have my eyes on a rather perfect LBD and although it is not expensive I am not buying it yet since the markdowns will begin any day now.

12-06-2013
front row

^ The online sale started yesterday, the sale in stores starts today - that's how I understand their e-mail anyway. I walked passed Monki the other day, and their sale had also already started. Seems like the H&M conglomerate needs to shift some gear... In different countries, there are different laws about what sales stores are allowed to have, and when. At least, I know that in the Netherlands, these laws are very loose, and in Belgium, they are pretty strict. I'm sure Denmark has its own laws about sales, and that's why sales haven't started yet.

The one thing I would really like to get (for) this summer is a light cardigan. I'd also like to get some more pyjamas, and perhaps a summer dress. Or two. A cardigan would make my summer wardrobe work much better, but it's not like I haven't been able to dress myself without it.

Curious to hear what everyone else's plans for the sales/summer shopping are!

12-06-2013
fashion insider

When I see the HM sales it makes me feel a bit sad. So much poorly made, unloved clothes that will never be bought or will spend the rest of its life in the back of someones wardrobe. And the sales racks in my town are bursting with clothes! Some of the items are several years old... I wonder what they do with the all of clothes they don't sell

I like your new sandals too, Betina

I received my Westwood Pirate boots on Monday and I love them! They are comfy, not unflattering (as far as flat shoes go:p), and they go with everything in my fall/winter wardrobe

I found a cute breton sweater at the new Filippa K store in town. It was wool and felt so nice and light in my hands. Didn't have time to try it on, but I think I will go and try it on next week It was made of a thin wool, so I can probably wear it into fall/winter

My summer wardrobe...hmm...Still bothering me. I tried to find some t-shirts to go with my Helmut Lang trousers, but I look so weird in t-shirts I found some nice ones in linen, but they are so long! I couldn't find a single t-shirt that did not end at the widest of my hips. Makes no sense to me, because I have quite a long torso... Long tees would bulge under the silk trousers, so I don't consider that an option...

My list Summer 13:
  • Silk Blouse (ordered)
  • Cropped trousers, Cinnamon/Dark Camel
  • Tops/tees, linen or rayon

I will also look into having my J crew trousers taken in.

I haven't seen any sales yet. I think they are in July/august... There are a lot of online sales though. I ordered 2 Vanessa Bruno silk shirts. No idea how they will fit, or how the color will be IRL, so I guess I'll just have to wait and see I am aiming to be just as quick to return the items, if they do not fit/flatter, as Betina was (Shame the dress didn't fit right, Betina. I was looking forward to the picture spamming).

The blouses
*laredoute

12-06-2013
trendsetter

It's funny how the summer here began just when the sales did. Seems so unnatural to purchase discounted items at the beginning of the season.
'My' grey COS dress got half off, so I might order it, but not quite sure yet. They have a shipping again and it's one third of the dresses price. :/
I had an almost perfect white dress on my COSlist, but it was sold out in my size just a couple of hours after the sale started. It's so hard to find a great white summer dress ...

Eizhowa, since I believe you don't have a recommendation board on Pinterest, I'm going to show you this silk dress here, I thought you would like it.

COS

Otherwise I'm not so good, I had a car accident yesterday. A really old man without any self-control crashed in the back of my car while having a driving lesson and I hit my head on the edge of the car window. I was so in shock, especially since it was not my fault at all, I had no clue what happened.Then we waited for two hours for the whole police procedure being done, till I was finally allowed to go home and rest.

It never gets easier, you just go faster. (LeMond)

13-06-2013
trendsetter

@Twistelette: I am not sure if there is any laws regarding sales in Denmark but it feels like there is a sale almost constantly. We have mid season sales as well. H&M started their sale in Denmark too. Sales used to be an event - me an my mom always went when I was younger. I am not a big sale shopper these days. At all.

Having things that you would like but that is not an acute need is a nice feeling, I think.

@Eizhowa:
Thank you for the nice words about my sandals.

Your sympathy for all the unloved clothes made me smile. It would be rather interesting to know what happens to it. I have a friend that has found items at H&M marked down to as little as 1 euro. Crazy. I do not want to think about what making that piece must have cost then. But I guess H&M can handle not having an income of every single piece. Or that is what I need to tell myself.

So glad to hear about your pirate boots. I think I know what sweater you are talking about. Is it merino? I have a striped blouse from Filippa K. It serves me really well.

I really like the shirts. So cute and very you.

And sorry about the dress

@Jina:
so sorry to hear about your car accident. I hope you are okay. Or will be at least. Did you go to a doctor and had your head checked out?

Guess you will have to determine how much you want that dress.

-----

I went to a very interesting event yesterday about zero waste fashion. It had presentations from representatives from Danish Fashion Institute, Puma and the danish childrens clothing company Katvig. The main focus was making a return system for clothing to be able to reuse resorces. There were also presentations about leasing clothes and we did a swap market which basically meant that you would take all of your old clothes put it with the clothes that the rest of the people brought. Then you could just take what you wanted. Easy peasy and not only was it cool to be able to get new clothes for free - the best part of it was seeing how others would find joy in things I had discarded.

13-06-2013
fashion insider

Okay, okay I give into peer pressure I now have a recommendation board. Please let me know if you want an invite. I think I have invited everyone with a rec board of their own.

Jinadaze, that sounds horrible! I am slightly scared of learning how to drive in case I get in an accident... Hope you are not to shaken up

And even after being in an accident you have time to find me a dress Cos does not ship to Norway for some weird reason... Usually we get access to online stores early, but not with COS. I'll just have to admire it from afar. I would definitely not mind another dress, and this one is like a mixture of my Vanessa Bruno dress and my grey silk trousers I hope we get COS soon...

Too bad about the white dress, Jinadaze... Who buys clothes a few hours before the sale anyway? But if it was only "almost perfect" maybe it is okay?

Betina, yes, it is the merino wool one I think you considered every single Breton sweater before getting yours so I am not surprised you know of it

Last edited by eizhowa; 13-06-2013 at 05:19 AM.

13-06-2013
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eizhowa View Post
Okay, okay I give into peer pressure I now have a recommendation board. Please let me know if you want an invite. I think I have invited everyone with a rec board of their own.

Jinadaze, that sounds horrible! I am slightly scared of learning how to drive in case I get in an accident... Hope you are not to shaken up

And even after being in an accident you have time to find me a dress Cos does not ship to Norway for some weird reason... Usually we get access to online stores early, but not with COS. I'll just have to admire it from afar. I would definitely not mind another dress, and this one is like a mixture of my Vanessa Bruno dress and my grey silk trousers I hope we get COS soon...

Too bad about the white dress, Jinadaze... Who buys clothes a few hours before the sale anyway? But if it was only "almost perfect" maybe it is okay?

Betina, yes, it is the merino wool one I think you considered every single Breton sweater before getting yours so I am not surprised you know of it
I always know what's around when it comes to things that are long sleeved and striped

13-06-2013
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by eizhowa View Post
When I see the HM sales it makes me feel a bit sad.
H&M makes me a little sad full stop. But yeah, the sales there do add that extra je-ne-sais-quois of misery.

I like those Vanessa Bruno blouses, here's to hoping they will look as great on you as they do on their own.
And I hear you about the too-long-t-shirt-tyrrany... I really do not understand them. I suspect they were designed by someone who was fed up with seeing people's underwear when they sat down. Which is a motivation for designing something I can understand But the outcome, not so much.

13-06-2013
front row

Jin, that accident sounds awful. I hope you're ok and the shock has settled a bit. I'm with Betina about seeing a doctor. Head injuries are not really something to take lightly.

Ok, I just sounded like a mother

13-06-2013
backstage pass

I ended up getting two stiped pocket t-shirts (green and red), a shirt in the perfect shade of blue and two chino's (one medium blue, one sand). I also checked for white t-shirts, but it seems to be impossible to make a reasonably priced white t-shirt with a good fit and without it being too sheer..

Jinadaze: Take care!
About sales: I must say that sale in general seems to have lost its value. Some stores (especially online) have sale throughout the year. For me it feels like it decreases the value of the offered products, there are some stores/brands I'm not willing to pay full-price for anymore just because everything will end up on sale anyway.

13-06-2013
trendsetter

I agree with you about the sales very much. It came so far that I rarely even pay a retail price for clothing, because I know I'll get the exact same or a similar item for less in no time.
And thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistelette View Post
Jin, that accident sounds awful. I hope you're ok and the shock has settled a bit. I'm with Betina about seeing a doctor. Head injuries are not really something to take lightly.

Ok, I just sounded like a mother
No, it's OK, I appreciate your concern. My mother works in a hospital so she adviced me to rest as much as possible so I listened to her.
I had a difficult concussion as a result of an accident when riding a bike 5 years ago and it was really awful, I was in a coma and don't remember anything for a period of at least one week. Now I just have a minor headache, but nothing serious, thank god.

Eizhowa, I can't believe they don't ship to you. I didn't even check, because I was sure they do (usually if the ship to Slovenia, they ship everywhere ).

The white dress was really lovely, here it is. I'm quite dissapointed it was gone so quick. The material and lenght are perfect, so is the neckline.

It never gets easier, you just go faster. (LeMond)

14-06-2013
front row

Jina, glad you are okay and positive albeit shaken up

Eizhowa, I love the white version of your shirt I have been pretty bad with recommendations (and my own boards:/ I don't pin often so do it in bulk. I must focus on doing a "recommendation bulk day" soon ) but I am working on it

I must have forgot a lot of things but I will come back to properly look at all your recent purchases and read your thoughts. I learn so much here !

Sales, I have been enjoying my wardrobe a bit too much these days and did not feel like buying anything. Sadly I haven't lost weight the way I want to yet so that definitely rules out any trousers/skirts/shorts etc purchases. Thanks god my upper body is still the same..
Anyway, I fell in love with 2 helmut Lang dresses. I was silly enough to let the first grey one go on sale on NAP US without buying it (so now I am waiting for it to go on sale in the UK as I think 430£ is a bit much for this?) so hope to not replicate the same mistake with the orange one. I feel like it can be perfect for a nice laid back restaurant or evening outside. I am even contemplating taking it for a wedding. I really dislike some of the curves I got since putting on weight so I think it could be a good shape to hide my tights & butt ^^" I am also getting surgery soon and the doctor said I should accumulate as many flowy stuff as I could so here I am
What do you think of both? Do you think they could work for events? Which one would you pick or leave and why?

So I don't count for my 4-5 the grey dress + orange one as they are for "occasion".

During this sale I am planning on getting:
- this grey dress mainly for the sake of my doctor and also because I love the simplicity of it
- those Chloe wedges (since I don't have any summery dress shoes + they can work for weddings)
- this cotton dress (it can be fun with a leather jacket/blazer/layered etc)
- this t-shirt (in an attempt to modernise my wardrobe )
- this top

I wanted my next real 4-5 pieces buy to be a leather jacket + cashmere/wool coat but I will have to wait because I can't find anything I like.. I also want to get 1 small marcie Chloe handbag and the Large Alice Chloe bag again (sounds perfect for travelling) but we will see after I find my coat and leather jacket . I was thinking of the small marcie when I saw it pop on NAP in camel.. I really wanted it black because I know how to make a camel/cognac bag work with my wardrobe.

I think I will also get a bunch of lingerie + PJ for the hospital and a bit more summer stuff (nothing fancy, probably some very cheap long or short flowy dress/shirt dress) as I am getting surgery in a very sunny and warm place and I have to stay there for at least a month ! (The joy of enjoying not having too many clothes a bit too much... now I have almost nothing to wear at the hospital..)
/ rant over.

Sorry

Last edited by EvaH; 14-06-2013 at 05:17 AM.

14-06-2013
fashion insider

^I like rants

The light grey dress by Helmut Lang is so pretty! So perfect for summer! I can't see the NAP sales until they launch the international one...

Of the two "occasion" Helmut Lang dresses, I prefer the orange/grey one. It has a cut that might be difficult to wear, but I guess you won't know how it will fit until you try it You say your torso is still as slim as before, and I think it would enhance that better than the other. I think the second one is more casual, perhaps too casual for a wedding?

The t-shirt is very unlike the rest of your sale items and other big purchases. Are you trying to move in a certain direction with your wardrobe? I think it would make your wardrobe look younger, but how it will "modernize" it I have no idea:/ I generally know very little about tees so take everything I say with a pinch of salt

What are you looking for in a leather jacket?

Last edited by eizhowa; 14-06-2013 at 08:27 AM.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#4, #5, 45, french, piece, wardrobe