How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

23-09-2013
fashion insider

@Betinapple: The gloves are from Dents: http://www.dents.co.uk/products/82/W...ther-Glove.asp
I've been already looking for them for a long time. These ones have a slit at the wrist with 3 buttons and I like that kind of detail. I've seen the same gloves without this detail at Gucci and Lanvin, but they are much more expensive and I don't think they are worth that much more money. But well, I have wait for my final judgement when they arrive.

@Jinadaze
: like your purchases, that scalloped edge is a gorgeous detail!

@Red: glad your choices did work out so nicely.

23-09-2013
trendsetter

Thank you! I was never fond of scalloped edges on clothes, but here it really works. It's a very stiff, heavy bag and it softens it in some way. It goes so great with the new trench which I have been wearing the whole previous week, even though it was kind of too warm for it. I want to take advantage of this weather because it gets cold very quick in the Fall.

Betina, did you found a perfect leather skirt or not yet? I remember posting a wishlist collage and it was there, but I'm not sure it was the one you are lusting over.
Anyway, buying it before the winter coat would be my suggestion, especially as you didn't find the right one yet (the coat, that is) and that might take some time.
Are you wearing skirts and dresses whole winter long? I don't, because I would freeze my a** off at -10/15C, so buying it in the next few weeks or so would give you more opportunities for wearing it this season.

Oh, I received the chelsea's today and am very satisfied. The leather is similar to the one used for a handbag, stiff, but they will soften eventually while wearing. I like them very much and they will fit even with the wool insole I am planning to get.

my pics
Attached Images
File Type: png P1015157.png (241.1 KB, 1 views)
File Type: png P1015158.png (233.6 KB, 1 views)

It never gets easier, you just go faster. (LeMond)

Last edited by Jinadaze; 23-09-2013 at 04:15 PM.

24-09-2013
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinadaze View Post
Thank you! I was never fond of scalloped edges on clothes, but here it really works. It's a very stiff, heavy bag and it softens it in some way. It goes so great with the new trench which I have been wearing the whole previous week, even though it was kind of too warm for it. I want to take advantage of this weather because it gets cold very quick in the Fall.

Betina, did you found a perfect leather skirt or not yet? I remember posting a wishlist collage and it was there, but I'm not sure it was the one you are lusting over.
Anyway, buying it before the winter coat would be my suggestion, especially as you didn't find the right one yet (the coat, that is) and that might take some time.
Are you wearing skirts and dresses whole winter long? I don't, because I would freeze my a** off at -10/15C, so buying it in the next few weeks or so would give you more opportunities for wearing it this season.

Oh, I received the chelsea's today and am very satisfied. The leather is similar to the one used for a handbag, stiff, but they will soften eventually while wearing. I like them very much and they will fit even with the wool insole I am planning to get.

my pics
Nice boots - you've really been doing some good purchases lately.

I have found the leather skirt that I want - and I think I might have decided on a coat as well. I wear skirts and dresses all winter with warm tights - keeps me warm better than jeans. I see your point, but I really need the coat - I do not NEED the skirt. Also, buying both would be possible but take a huge part of my savings, and I am not really comfortable with that.

You are right though, I am not head over heels about that jacket - but it suits my needs both in matters of practicality and aesthetics, and I think that is as close as well get. I rarely can get myself worked up over clothes anymore, somehow. The skirt is a "pragmatic" wish as well - I wont mind it selling out, but it would be a nice addition since I am missing a black a-line skirt and leather is a great material. And that is how I feel about most things, these days.

Last edited by Betinapple; 24-09-2013 at 01:02 AM.

25-09-2013
tfs star

6 items challenge: I haven't told anyone else what I am doing this month (never came up), so I am going to unload on you guys I am so sick of grey t-shirts by now! I really really really want to put a white one on. So happy I only have 4 days left, and that my entire wardrobe consists of more than 6 items. The not buying anything part is fine, except I really need new jeans. The ones I have been wearing have been worn so much they have stretched out about 2 sizes. I really dislike ill-fitting bottoms, and I don't like washing my jeans this much (it is the only way to shrink them back to their normal size).

I was able to pack for a long weekend away using only my Bal as a carry-on That was great.

Ta-ta: I generally don't like how Ecco shoes are on either. There is something wrong with how they position the heel But my Ecco Lilles are flat, so I tolerate them Is having somewhat of a heel important to you?

25-09-2013
Power to the 99%

nordstrom
Ordered these tonight ... hopefully they will fit! (These are Merrells.)

eizhowa, I definitely want flats ... but I guess I want my foot in its normal position
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Merrell purple flat.jpg (3.8 KB, 147 views)

26-09-2013
i'm almost ready..

Jinadaze the boots are awesome. congrats.

27-09-2013
What fresh hell is this.?

Eizhova, I've kind of done the 30 pieces but for 7 months while living abroad. It really made me realize of few items I actually need. I forgot about many of the items I had left at home, realizing how little I needed them. I have to admit I did miss some stuff and was happy to mix it up a bit when I was rekindled with the rest of my wardrobe.
The reason why I would upgrade it to 10 is because I really like layering, so I would probably come in short with only 6 items. But maybe I could try and aim for 8 or 9 pieces instead. I'll let you know if I end up doing it.

Jinadaze, Thanks for the cos tip! That's brilliant info..
Oh and I really like those boots of yours. I like that they have a slightly higher heel than the average chelsea boot, makes them a bit different. and it looks like it's gonna be such a good heel height for everyday wear.

Betina, i think you are right in waiting with the coat. As far as i know fjällräven coats are such classics, they won't sell out. So you don't have to rush out and get one.
I compromised with my winter coat for the really cold days as well. I got a North Face Metropolis black knee length down coat last winter because of sheer necessity. When it's so cold that it's the most sensible option I could really care less wether it's the perfect coat. I have never seen a really warm coat that I truly love.. So I'm content.

I've finally been able to make myself a list for autumn and winter:
- skinny high waisted jeans in a dark denim. From Cheap Monday.
- sneakers, I've bought a pair of Nike Air Max in a black, grey and white colour combo. Hopefully they won't be too trendy looking when paired with the rest of my wardrobe. I'll have to play around with them when I receive them.
- another pair of heeled black booties, I still have my eye on the pair I spotted a while ago. But, I've really wanted a pair of Maison Martin Margiela Tabi boots for years now, and might just see if I can find a pair of those somewhere instead.
- simple wool jumper, grey or black, with some kind of texture to it. Why is it that pretty much every knit jumper that catches my fancy has angora in it!? I really can't be bothered with the shedding!
- some minimalistic gold earrings .

27-09-2013
tfs star

Tinetush: I really feel like I have learnt a lot about how little I need as well.

Everyone: Do any of you know about someone who sells (very) narrow chelsea boots for women? I would also like a less chunky heel, if possible. Heavy shoes just adds to the winter blues. I know balenciaga sells a perfect pair, but I can't justify those prices (400-500 euros) when they could get ruined very quickly by the salt they use on the streets. When you factor in the lack of a chunky heel, the retail + upkeep would be too expensive for me

Last edited by eizhowa; 27-09-2013 at 12:07 PM.

28-09-2013
trendsetter

@Tine: actually it is the skirt I am planning to wait with. It is a WANT thing, not a NEED thing. But I NEED a wintercoat. The Fjällräven coat is a classic, but they do not keep a big stock, so once the jacket sells out, it will be gone untill next year. I think I have decided to get it, if the lined one is warm enough (they are not in stores yet, so I haven't been able to try it). I really like the look of it and it should be very durable.

BTW I totally aggree with you on angora knit. I simply can't.

@Eizhowa:
a lot of danish girl have been happy with with the Horze Jodphurs - they ARE in fact actually meant for the stable, but they look like at classic chelsea boot and the prices are very reasonable. Not sure if they are narrow, though.

Nothing new here. Went browsing with a friend today. She bought a pair of boots. I bought rice crackers There was nothing I really wanted, not even a winter coat that I liked, which I take as a sign that I really want that Fjällräven coat.

28-09-2013
tfs star

^I did actually consider buying equestrian boots, but they were even broader than my current pair. Might need to go to Italy sometime. I seem to remember that their shoes tended to be narrower then in my country.

I went shopping with a friend, and watched her buy 2 pairs of leather boots. Felt nice to be able to focus on helping her find what she needed, instead of looking for something I needed. Also felt great to not spend anything

29-09-2013
i'm almost ready..

Quote:
Originally Posted by eizhowa View Post
Tinetush: I really feel like I have learnt a lot about how little I need as well.

Everyone: Do any of you know about someone who sells (very) narrow chelsea boots for women? I would also like a less chunky heel, if possible. Heavy shoes just adds to the winter blues. I know balenciaga sells a perfect pair, but I can't justify those prices (400-500 euros) when they could get ruined very quickly by the salt they use on the streets. When you factor in the lack of a chunky heel, the retail + upkeep would be too expensive for me
i spent an hour trying on chelsea boots recently (before buying a completely different boot..) but i have a very narrow foot and the following pairs were all narrow enough to fit well (they were just problematic in other ways, for me personally). hope this helps..

cydwoq (i absolutely loved the way these looked)
http://www.gravitypope.com/shoes/pro...q-cling-w-bbk-

church's (really nice & narrow)
http://www.gravitypope.com/shoes/pro...h-plb-monmouth

objects in mirror
http://www.gravitypope.com/shoes/pro...rror-a452-ner-

i also tried on this pair of paul smith chelsea boots that were a narrow fit and perfect in every way... i would have bought them except i know i would never wear them with that flash of bright orange, sadly.
http://www.gravitypope.com/shoes/pro...tter-ner-otter

29-09-2013
tfs star

^Thank you for the links! Unfortuately, none of them could take my breath away like the ones from Balenciaga... It is very common for Chelsea boots to have a sole that is larger than the foot, so that it sticks out on every side of the boot. I don't like that, because it widens the apperance of your foot, but finfing a pair sans this is proving very difficult indeed...

My favorites were also the Paul Smiths, actually! I agree about the orange, but they didn't have an overly large sole, which is important to me.

I am attaching an image of the magical Balenciaga boots. If I import them, they are almost 1000 usd. If I buy shoes that expensive, my mother will never speak to me again

Greytheblog
Attached Images
File Type: jpg balenciaga.jpg (84.2 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by eizhowa; 29-09-2013 at 06:18 PM.

29-09-2013
Power to the 99%

^ A mother doesn't need to know everything. All mine knows is that I have beautiful shoes

29-09-2013
trendsetter

I wanted to suggest Tod's chelsea boots. A saw a lot of their models which are very narrow and the sole isn't wider than the boot on it's own. The price point is on the higher side but definitely cheaper than Balenciaga's.

30-09-2013
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionista-ta View Post
^ A mother doesn't need to know everything. All mine knows is that I have beautiful shoes
I agree, she knows some of my shoes are expensive, but she does not know the price.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#4, #5, 45, french, piece, wardrobe