How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

18-06-2013
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betinapple View Post
@Jina: If you want I can look for the top in Copenhagen. I will be going there next week, probably
Thank you very much, so kind of you. I'll see if she gets those two items for me and then contact you, if necessary. But I really don't want to make you any hassle.

Can you show your dress or it is on Pinterest? I'm not very active these days.

It never gets easier, you just go faster. (LeMond)

Last edited by Jinadaze; 18-06-2013 at 10:32 AM.

19-06-2013
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinadaze View Post
Thank you very much, so kind of you. I'll see if she gets those two items for me and then contact you, if necessary. But I really don't want to make you any hassle.

Can you show your dress or it is on Pinterest? I'm not very active these days.
Just say so and I will look if I am going any way - it wont be a hassle

I have posted it on pinterest I should get better at posting pictures here as well.

20-06-2013
trendsetter

So quiet here these days. Is everyone avoiding this thread in hopes of not shopping?

Just stopped in to tell you that I think I finally have a colourscheme. Having removed all items in mis-matching colours from my wardrobe really has been an eye-opener.

Apperently my scheme is black, white, creme, greys (both charcoal and light grey), powder pink and then I would like to add some baby blue as well. Nice to finally know what I like and would like to stick to.

20-06-2013
trendsetter

PS: Does anyone know how to unfollow boards on pinterest?

20-06-2013
front row

i think it has to do with the arrival of summer

i deleted my boards on pinterest, i felt like i spent too much time thinking about my wardrobe. i really love they idea of buying less / better quality and i'll try to get better at it, but right now i'm just not into planning everything ahead.

but i'll keep following the thread / pinterests boards (except for the recommendations)

betinapple - just go to the pinterest overview of the user and then there is a button on each board to follow/unfollow (the same button)

20-06-2013
front row

I'm here! I've just been a little busy.

I decided my next buy should be the bag - it is slightly discounted right now too -, I just want to have a job before I do, as otherwise my whole, miser paycheck would be in... I have a couple of interviews scheduled and am very confident about one of the jobs, and I really want that one as well, so lets hope for that!

Last edited by barbaraaa; 20-06-2013 at 08:09 AM.

20-06-2013
front row

^ go to the page of the person whose board you want to unfollow, and all their boards will appear with under them a button that says 'unfollow' that I suppose you can click

I'm not sure where everybody else is, but I've been quiet a little because I've been thinking about my shopping/consuming habits and some changes I might like to make in my behavior. I think I could do more - or do things differently - to be more responsible for the environment, and be more responsible socially (i.e. with regards to what kind of life people in Bangladesh have, to name just an example). It's not like these are new values to me. At all. It's just that lately I've been thinking that there might be some things that I could do differently to let my behavior as a consumer be (even more) in line with these values. I'm just not sure what, exactly So that's why I've been a little quiet.

20-06-2013
trendsetter

Appearently I am a cotributor to this board and therefore the unfollow button is gone but I found out how to leave the board and thereby unfollow.

@Twistelette:
I am having the same kind of thoughts. Especially the whole Bangladesh situation is bothering me, I am just not sure that a complete boykot would be a solution neither. I hate when people says this, but Bangladesh really rely on the clothing industry to avoid poverty. So right now I feel like it is a loose/loose situation all over.

I am thinking that I should be able to buy less though. I am just not sure how. The obvious reason is just doing it but I am not sure I see that happening. It bothers me.

@Barbaraa:
What bag was it that you were hoping to get? Good luck with your interviews!

20-06-2013
front row

To leave a group board, you go on it, click "edit" and then your name has a "leave" button, I believe.

Thank you! It's this bag:

Bimba y Lola

20-06-2013
trendsetter

I second the wishes!
But I have a complete opposite problem (it's not really a problem since there isn't any victims, especially not my bank account ), but everything I want to buy gets sold out right when I want to order it and it's getting quite depressing, therefore I didn't buy anything for months.
Aside from COS items which I have on my wishlist I was planning to buy a leather cuff from Mulberry for a really long time (as a graduation gift to myself), but just as it went on sale, it was sold out.
I'm wearing my Hermes collier de chien almost every day for years now and it's pretty worned out. Not in a good way, like Alexa is. And Mulberry has the best leather cuffs, just too expensive if not discounted.

Here it is:

mulberry

I would be glad to get some recommendations on Pinterest, the price is max. 100 € with shipping incl.

It never gets easier, you just go faster. (LeMond)

Last edited by Jinadaze; 20-06-2013 at 03:51 PM.

21-06-2013
trendsetter

@Barbaraa: nice and very basic bag. Should be able to go with everything!

@Jina: From time to time I tend to experience the same "problem" and although it really is no big issue it is annoying anyway. I will let you know if I see anything like that bracelet. You don't have a Mulberry store where you live?

21-06-2013
trendsetter

What do you guys think about nylon in a knit? I am doing some research for that cardigan I am hoping to get for fall and I have found one I like but it is with 27% nylon (34% Mohair 34% Wool and 5% elastane).

I will see if I will be able to go try it on to see how the material feels on my skin but does nylon has any good qualities? I was thinking it might make the knit last longer?

21-06-2013
front row

barbaraaa: good luck with the interviews!

jina: that's a cool look, with the leather cuff. hope you'll find a good replacement! that's a very nice graduation gift to yourself. I bought myself isabel marant earrings when I graduated

betina: I don't have any experience with nylon in sweaters, but the rest of the composition of the material sounds very good. if it were me, it'd be all down to how the fabric felt on my skin, and how it 'draped'. (that's one of the bad things about bad knits, that they just don't 'fall' nicely)
are we seriously discussing fall items now?! not sure I can handle...
about what I/you wrote earlier, there are so many sides to the question about clothing manufacturing in (countries like) Bangladesh. this is perhaps not the place for a long political essay about these many sides I'll just skip to the conclusion of this imaginary paper then - while I do not believe that consumer behavior is the only thing that needs to change, I do not wish to contribute to a situation in which people have no choice but to work for too little money under appalling circumstances.
how to bring this wish into practice? I'm still thinking about the best way to do that.

21-06-2013
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betinapple View Post
So quiet here these days. Is everyone avoiding this thread in hopes of not shopping?
I managed to unsubscribe the thread... Came here to tell people to come back, because I was having withdrawal symphtoms. Then I noticed my mistake.... Silly me

Quote:
I'm not sure where everybody else is, but I've been quiet a little because I've been thinking about my shopping/consuming habits and some changes I might like to make in my behavior. I think I could do more - or do things differently - to be more responsible for the environment, and be more responsible socially (i.e. with regards to what kind of life people in Bangladesh have, to name just an example). It's not like these are new values to me. At all. It's just that lately I've been thinking that there might be some things that I could do differently to let my behavior as a consumer be (even more) in line with these values. I'm just not sure what, exactly So that's why I've been a little quiet.
Twistelette, the argument you use to defend buying clothes (that bangladesh needs the money) also defends child labour. I have one friend who supports child labour in Bangladesh due to the fact that they need it to survive. Controversial opinion to defend, but I saw her point. Tricky situation. But still, if a person buy lots of cheap "made in bangladesh" clothes, it would just creating a new problem. Landfills the size of cities etc.

HM are currently selling stuff to 30KR ~ 3USD. How?

21-06-2013
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by eizhowa View Post
Twistelette, the argument you use to defend buying clothes (that bangladesh needs the money) also defends child labour.
Eizhowa, not sure where you got that, but that would be about exactly the opposite of the argument I would make.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#4, #5, 45, french, piece, wardrobe