How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

25-11-2013
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by springfiry View Post
Trenchcoat: I prefer the first one! Mango has some nice shirts this collection.Do go to your actual store to try it out first?

Eizhowa: , that will be my standard to follow then!
I saw it in the store but didn't try it on yet.

25-11-2013
front row

I wanted to ask your opinion on these leather boots. I really want some riding boots and I saw these from Lauren. They are on sale now but there is no Ralph Lauren store in my hood so I still have some doubts. What do you think:

Lyst.com

25-11-2013
trendsetter

@Springfiry: Thank you for the nice words on my booties. I do think the dress i posted is pretty, but for some reason I can't stand wearing clothes that are too bright or patterns that are too contrasted ATM. Nice shirt!

@Trenchcoat: the massimo dutti shirt is lovely, but I consider the one from Mango to be more classic.

I think you need to be very sure about those boots. They are lovely but also I would be concerned that I would get tired of the gold-detail because it is so flashy. Also it might be annoying when you walk?

@Eizhowa: Well, then the curdoroy blazer might be the safer choice for you?

Perhaps a sweater would be a nice addition. Still I mainly get attracted to coloured dresses. Not sure what is up with that. Maybe I should start out by borrowing my boyfriends burgyndy cashmere knit - which I tend to steal from time to time since it is sooo nice. I really like the green dress pinned on my inspiration board, but I can not see why I would not get bored with it like with all of the other coloured/printed dresses I've owned.

I will keep you posted on how I feel about the boots. I do not think it will be a problem though - I think the cut are great for wearing with skirts and dresses.

So glad to hear that your new sweater is lovely - succes!

25-11-2013
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betinapple View Post
@Springfiry: Thank you for the nice words on my booties. I do think the dress i posted is pretty, but for some reason I can't stand wearing clothes that are too bright or patterns that are too contrasted ATM. Nice shirt!

@Trenchcoat: the massimo dutti shirt is lovely, but I consider the one from Mango to be more classic.

I think you need to be very sure about those boots. They are lovely but also I would be concerned that I would get tired of the gold-detail because it is so flashy. Also it might be annoying when you walk?

@Eizhowa: Well, then the curdoroy blazer might be the safer choice for you?

Perhaps a sweater would be a nice addition. Still I mainly get attracted to coloured dresses. Not sure what is up with that. Maybe I should start out by borrowing my boyfriends burgyndy cashmere knit - which I tend to steal from time to time since it is sooo nice. I really like the green dress pinned on my inspiration board, but I can not see why I would not get bored with it like with all of the other coloured/printed dresses I've owned.

I will keep you posted on how I feel about the boots. I do not think it will be a problem though - I think the cut are great for wearing with skirts and dresses.

So glad to hear that your new sweater is lovely - succes!
Thank you. Yes it's the golden think that made me doubt and the fact that riding boots are kind of ' big ' .

Maybe these tommy hilfiger boots are much more subtle. And the leather is awesome.

omoda.nl

25-11-2013
rising star

Thanks everyone

Ta-ta, I thought that Patagonia would ship to me from the US so I'd be hit with taxes and returning something would be expensive (not to mention the hassle to get back the taxes in case of a return), but I went back to their website to check, and seems they ship EU orders from the Netherlands (I also found a couple of UK webshops that sell Patagonia and ship internationally). This makes online ordering from them much more palatable..

Betina, I like your new booties, very nice and sleek! I do use Pinterest, very sporadically though, and mainly as a moodboard.

And ha, I might have sounded a bit more in control of my wardrobe than I really am! Just yesterday I almost faltered and ordered something just because it was 30% off and the sale was ending in a couple of hours, but I managed to stop and pry myself away from the computer. It was one of the contenders for an item on my list (wool/winter sweaters), it has some pros and some cons, and maybe after some consideration I will end up getting it anyway, but the way I was almost-buying it last night just didn't feel right, it felt a bit too compulsive, too shopaholic.

Jinadaze, I love my little Pen. I like going on long walks with the camera and I have issues with my back and joints, so it's good that it's so small and light. If you need a better/more professional camera but would also like to stick with Olympus, maybe one of the new OMD line cameras would work for you?

springfiry, hi I've no experience with silk other than a cheapy scarf from Accessorize - it's fairly thin and see-through, but not really all that delicate, I've managed to wear and hand-wash it for a couple of years and no snags or holes or anything.

Trenchcoat, I agree with Betina that the gold detail might be annoying if it bangs against the heel when you walk. The Hilfiger boots look reeeally good though.

eizhowa, yay for the sweater arriving! I hate waiting more than a week for my packages to arrive. I mostly order from the UK, so it's usually 1-2 weeks, but after one week I tend to get a little antsy.

Sidenote: interesting how there are so many Europeans, and many from small(er) countries, in this thread.

25-11-2013
Power to the 99%

^ I know ... and I think I'm the only American who posts here regularly.

Wrt the Ralph Lauren boots ... I really like them, but the brass piece looks really dangerous to me.

25-11-2013
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionista-ta View Post
^ I know ... and I think I'm the only American who posts here regularly.

Wrt the Ralph Lauren boots ... I really like them, but the brass piece looks really dangerous to me.
Haha. I really like this thread. I honestly could talk about fashion all day long. Since starting my polyvore I really enjoy reading about fashion and stuff. I also started to become fit again to fit in nice clothes.

26-11-2013
trendsetter

What do you guys do if you feel bored with your wardrobe? - if you ever do that, that is.

I really love my wardrobe at the moment - it works for me, I always have something to wear for any occasion, but at the same time I am slightly bored. I really want to add something "new" but I do not know what, and I not feel like investing in anything when I am in this sort of mood (or at this point anyhow).

I think I will try and see if there is some pieces that needs to be removed from my wardrobe and perhaps if there is anything stacked away in the attic that can add a little fresh blood.

26-11-2013
fashion elite

^Maybe it's because Christmas time is approaching you want something special? I feel a bit that way for myself.

26-11-2013
front row

Quote:
What do you guys do if you feel bored with your wardrobe? - if you ever do that, that is.

I really love my wardrobe at the moment - it works for me, I always have something to wear for any occasion, but at the same time I am slightly bored. I really want to add something "new" but I do not know what, and I not feel like investing in anything when I am in this sort of mood (or at this point anyhow).

I think I will try and see if there is some pieces that needs to be removed from my wardrobe and perhaps if there is anything stacked away in the attic that can add a little fresh blood.
As long as you have your basic wardrobe complete it's also fun to buy some pretty things for occassions which aren't that expensive. My birthday is coming and I didn't have anything to wear. Thats why I'm going to buy a nice dress which isn't on my basic list. Because just basic clothes can be very boring.

26-11-2013
trendsetter

Thank you girls, but really it is not occasion-wear that I want - I have loads of party dresses and I look forward to wearing one of them for new years. I want something to incorporate in my every day wardrobe that is different from what I've already got.

26-11-2013
front row

Quote:
Thank you girls, but really it is not occasion-wear that I want - I have loads of party dresses and I look forward to wearing one of them for new years. I want something to incorporate in my every day wardrobe that is different from what I've already got.
I have a lot of black shirts/trousers with some special applications on it/or cut outs in it. I also have a black blouse with a golden zipper detail in the middle which makes it special. They look very vintage. And everyone compliments me. It's also nice to have some pieces that only you have and aren't very basic.

26-11-2013
fashion elite

Quote:
Then you should indeed look at the details that makes it different, the same Trenchcoat said. Special detail on jeans or sweater or just a special scarf, gloves, jewelry, hairaccessory or something like that.

26-11-2013
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nymphaea View Post
Then you should indeed look at the details that makes it different, the same Trenchcoat said. Special detail on jeans or sweater or just a special scarf, gloves, jewelry, hairaccessory or something like that.
I also look on Pinterest. And the Voguettes are my inspiration for my basic wardrobe. And Jeanne Damas and Olsen are my inspiration to make my wardrobe special. Because they wear unusual things which arent very wearable imo, but some items are very good inspiration

26-11-2013
front row

I recently bought this black jacket for myself with this collar http://s23.postimg.org/6f8ojngh7/201...4_22_17_56.jpg I love black clothes with things that make it special: leather, applications and cutouts.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#5, #6, 45, french, piece, wardrobe