How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
26-11-2013
  46
front row
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: World
Gender: femme
Posts: 247
Also try the colour emarald green. I know a lot use burgundy as an colour to add to your wardrobe. But I also like emarald green (because I don't see that much people wearing it) and copper.

 
 
26-11-2013
  47
trendsetter
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Denmark
Gender: femme
Posts: 1,375
I do have things with good details. I just bought the houndstooth scarf, I have great bags, shoes etc., little jackets and so on. Perhaps I am just cranky due to the cold and the fact that I am writing my exam The lack of statement things is not the problem anyhow, I think.

 
26-11-2013
  48
trendsetter
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Denmark
Gender: femme
Posts: 1,375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trenchcoat View Post
Also try the colour emarald green. I know a lot use burgundy as an colour to add to your wardrobe. But I also like emarald green (because I don't see that much people wearing it) and copper.
I like emerald green as well I had a dress pinned, but it sold out, and like I mentioned earlier, I am not too happy about making coloured pieces dresses, since I tend to get tired of them after some time.

 
26-11-2013
  49
backstage pass
 
Fewormany's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Europe
Gender: homme
Posts: 687
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betinapple View Post
I do have things with good details. I just bought the houndstooth scarf, I have great bags, shoes etc., little jackets and so on. Perhaps I am just cranky due to the cold and the fact that I am writing my exam The lack of statement things is not the problem anyhow, I think.

I don't really wear any jewelry but I can imagine how a great necklace/bracelet/ring can bring some things to life.

Having everything right might feel a bit boring especially when you're used to look for things to improve your wardrobe.
Maybe it will pass without buying something.

__________________
"There is no exquisite beauty without some strangeness in the proportion."
— Edgar Allan Poe
 
26-11-2013
  50
rising star
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Europe
Gender: femme
Posts: 117
Betina, what about trying some new combinations with things you already own? Even if you end up not wearing them, maybe simply playing dress-up in front of a mirror can help?

 
26-11-2013
  51
Power to the 99%
 
fashionista-ta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Hardly ever at Barney's
Gender: femme
Posts: 13,729
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trenchcoat View Post
Also try the colour emarald green. I know a lot use burgundy as an colour to add to your wardrobe. But I also like emarald green (because I don't see that much people wearing it) and copper.
Funny, as I was reading the posts on the last page, I was thinking emerald green too Perhaps a scarf, brooch, ... ?? Maybe some emerald green glasses

__________________
There's a need for more individuality today, and my job is to cater to women, not dictate to them.
--Alber Elbaz
 
26-11-2013
  52
front row
 
twistelette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Gender: femme
Posts: 279
I second the emerald green-thought - and the idea of mixing it up & trying out new combinations. what also helps for me when I'm bored is taking a few items out of my wardrobe and put them into storage for a few months. perhaps some tops that I've been wearing too much so that they've become a bit 'stale', perhaps some items that I'm trying to figure out what to wear with - and not figuring it out. it seems like the less 'noise' I see, the happier I am with what's in my wardrobe.

 
26-11-2013
  53
front row
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: World
Gender: femme
Posts: 247
I also have days that I fall back on normal boring outfits. Especially when I have to study. On those days I always choose a basic outfit (black jeans, breton shirt, ballerinas, nice earings, updo) and then look good haha.

I don't know what happened today but I got almost 500 likes in one day for one polyvore creation that I don't even like.

 
26-11-2013
  54
front row
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: World
Gender: femme
Posts: 247
Are there also people here that like trousers/pantalons a lot. I'm going to buy a black one and I have a burgundy one and navy. I am searching for some combination inspiration

Standard outfits for boring days:
- Black little skirt, leggings, dicker boots, shirt, blazer
- Jeans, breton shirt, ballerinas
- Grey cashmere sweater, grey jeans, dicker boots,

All of them combining with accessoires off course. And a nice bun in the head.

 
26-11-2013
  55
fashion insider
 
eizhowa's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Norway
Gender: femme
Posts: 2,200
I managed to unsubscribe to this thread again I was so bummed out because no one posted, and for no reason!

Betina:I get very bored with every I own whenever I am cold and stressed... Adding color in the winter months is very important I think. I am definitly aiming to do so. It all tends to peak around feb/march for me, when I just can't stand grey and camel any more (and haven't seen the sun in months...)

I ordered the Baggu leather bag on my wishlist. A friend will bring it back from the states after christmas That halved the price For everyday wear my tan tote is too big, and my Balenciaga too dark, so I really wanted a smaller, more deep toned bag. I am really looking forward to recieving it!

I have a bit of a tricky situation on my hands... The Porsellis I want are almost sold out. There are 3 left in my size online... They will probably be sold out everywhere by the time I get to the UK. However, ordering them is so expensive... After customs and having put protective soles on them, they will cost around 420 USD... It is a lot of money for ballet flats (it is nearly my rent...), but I have planned my entire wardrobe around them It is so stressfull. If I bought them in store, and had them resoled, it would only be maximum 300 USD. I was prepared to live with that, but I just can't make myself pay 420... I can rationalize buying them, because I believe they will last, and be worn a lot, but I just can't actually make myself buy them...

I removed the Toast corduroy jacket from my wishlist. Ugly elbow patches. That actually saves me 120 USD, but I still can't pay 420 usd for tiny shoes.


Last edited by eizhowa; 26-11-2013 at 05:04 PM.
Status: Online
 
26-11-2013
  56
front row
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: World
Gender: femme
Posts: 247
Quote:
Originally Posted by eizhowa View Post
I managed to unsubscribe to this thread again I was so bummed out because no one posted, and for no reason!

Betina:I get very bored with every I own whenever I am cold and stressed... Adding color in the winter months is very important I think. I am definitly aiming to do so. It all tends to peak around feb/march for me, when I just can't stand grey and camel any more (and haven't seen the sun in months...)

I ordered the Baggu leather bag on my wishlist. A friend will bring it back from the states after christmas That halved the price For everyday wear my tan tote is too big, and my Balenciaga too dark, so I really wanted a smaller, more deep toned bag. I am really looking forward to recieving it!

I have a bit of a tricky situation on my hands... The Porsellis I want are almost sold out. There are 3 left in my size online... They will probably be sold out everywhere by the time I get to the UK. However, ordering them is so expensive... After customs and having put protective soles on them, they will cost around 420 USD... It is a lot of money for ballet flats (it is nearly my rent...), but I have planned my entire wardrobe around them It is so stressfull. If I bought them in store, and had them resoled, it would only be maximum 300 USD. I was prepared to live with that, but I just can't make myself pay 420... I can rationalize buying them, because I believe they will last, and be worn a lot, but I just can't actually make myself buy them...
I know that the ballerinas are important for you, but it's winter now. Maybe it's better to wait, maybe you can find them in the UK.

And don't leave this thread haaha, i love your input.

 
26-11-2013
  57
fashion insider
 
eizhowa's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Norway
Gender: femme
Posts: 2,200
^I think they come back in stock in the fall, and sell out by winter/spring. They are only available at Toasts in the UK, and they only have 3 left online. I am so worried I'll miss out. There are very few Toast stores in London, and I only have 4 days in London, 6-7 weeks from now! * panic attack *

Also, the last time I wore my ballerinas was less than a week ago

I have no intention of leaving the thread. I just somehow manage to unsub when I access the site by email.

Status: Online
 
26-11-2013
  58
front row
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: World
Gender: femme
Posts: 247
Quote:
Originally Posted by eizhowa View Post
^I think they come back in stock in the fall, and sell out by winter/spring. They are only available at Toasts in the UK, and they only have 3 left online. I am so worried I'll miss out. There are very few Toast stores in London, and I only have 4 days in London, 6-7 weeks from now! * panic attack *

Also, the last time I wore my ballerinas was less than a week ago

I have no intention of leaving the thread. I just somehow manage to unsub when I access the site by email.
Ok, i still think that it's a lot of money for ballerinas. I am sure that there are other very good ballerinas for less money. But that's my opinion.

I'm so happy for the december month. It's my favourite month. I have a little bit more pounds to lose to reach my goal and then I can wear my new wardrobe yeahh..

 
26-11-2013
  59
front row
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: World
Gender: femme
Posts: 247
This is my wardrobe btw (incl wishlist). If this is complete as a basis then I'm very happy!!

Jeans/trousers:
- Black Skinny
- Grey Skinny
- Levi's jeans
- Dark green coated jeans zara
- Burgundy trousers/pantalon
- Navy trousers/pantalon
- Black wool trousers
- Black skirt


Jackets:
- Black short jacket with applications on collar zara
http://s23.postimg.org/6f8ojngh7/201...4_22_17_56.jpg
- Black blazer
- Navy blazer
- Copper blazer zara
- Black jacket with leather applications
- White boucle jacket

Blouses/sweater
- Tangerine blouse
- White blouse with leather collar
- Beige sweater
- Navy Sweater
- White classic blouse

- Breton shirt
- Navy cardigan
- Grey Cashmere sweater


Shoes
- Beige dicker boots
- Black dicker boots
- Leather ballerinas
- Leather boots

- All stars black

Extra:
- Tees
- Trenchcoat
- Winter coat
- French cami
- Marc Jacobs bag
- Cashmere scarf


Last edited by Trenchcoat; 26-11-2013 at 05:37 PM.
 
26-11-2013
  60
fashion insider
 
thesiren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Gender: femme
Posts: 2,195
Can anyone recommend truly warm sweaters at a decent price ($150 and under)? I would like to add two neutral sweaters that are warm enough to layer with underpinnings and a scarf for days I don't want to wear a coat (obv when it's in the 30s or so only).

I bought a Tahari burgundy cocoon coat (the Marla) and I really hope it fits well. It should be here soon.

I forgot how much I love this thread!

__________________
do you prefer fashion victim or ensemble-y challenged?
 
Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#5, #6, 45, french, piece, wardrobe
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"


 
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:09 PM.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
TheFashionSpot.com is a property of TotallyHer Media, LLC, an Evolve Media LLC company. ©2014 All rights reserved.