How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

30-11-2013
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trenchcoat View Post
NymphaeaThe jeans look great on you. Does it have a acne-brand-sticker on the back? Or is it without brand. I always find that big brand-Acne thing too much in the eye. Thats why i never wanted an Acne jeans
Thank you!
There was a big label, but I removed it easily, because it's only attachted at 4 points that can be cut by scissors easily and leave no marks. I always supposed you have to remove the label because it's indeed way to big.

30-11-2013
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nymphaea View Post
Thank you!
There was a big label, but I removed it easily, because it's only attachted at 4 points that can be cut by scissors easily and leave no marks. I always supposed you have to remove the label because it's indeed way to big.
Ok nice. Can I ask you how much you've paid for the jeans?

30-11-2013
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trenchcoat View Post
Ok nice. Can I ask you how much you've paid for the jeans?
I've ordered the jeans from acnestudios.com and they were 170 Euros.

30-11-2013
Power to the 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistelette View Post
thanks for that link, ta-ta, what a great film!
Glad you both liked it One of my favorite parts was the guy who taught his daughter to ski in the back yard & she turned out to be 'a pretty good skier.' His 33 yo fleece ski pants look like they could've been bought last week--I want some!

30-11-2013
front row

^ yeah, I also had to laugh at the slight 'aww, dad!'-ness when she told about how he'd come to pick her up from school in those ski pants. but they did look practically new, indeed.
I also really liked the girl who does long-distance hiking. or, when I say 'like', I mean 'am in awe of'.
great film! it really drove home for me my desire not to buy 'new' for a while. perhaps even for longer than the year I 'challenged' myself to now. though I almost gave in to a lovely, lovely cardigan from Humanoid that I saw a couple weeks ago. it was simply perfect, black, long but not too long, really nice yarn as well, and would have given me a lot of new outfit-options. but I didn't get it. I might come to regret that, or I might look back and be proud of myself for that.

01-12-2013
backstage pass

Today I went shopping for dress shoes. Found nothing. I found everything boring, too expensive or both. I guess I'll use my old shoes for another year, good thing I don't have many occasions requiring dress shoes.

After that I went to an outlet-store and found a great washed out orange sweater and a jacket with parachute print. I really needed another sweater and I really like that it's not another neutral (like most of my sweaters).

The jacket is a nice extra, I have enough basics to have some stand-out pieces. Plus it can double as a part of a costume when I have a nineties themed party.

01-12-2013
Power to the 99%

Thought you guys would be interested to know that I checked back on when I started this thread as I couldn't remember and found that it will be 9 years ago in January! Wow, longer than I thought ... we've been talking about just 4-5 pieces for a long time now

01-12-2013
tfs star

^I also think it is fascinating how the thread has evolved. I looked through the first thread I think, and the dynamic is completely different from today!

01-12-2013
front row

Wow 9 years?? How did it evolve?

01-12-2013
Power to the 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by eizhowa View Post
^I also think it is fascinating how the thread has evolved. I looked through the first thread I think, and the dynamic is completely different from today!
What did you observe, eizhowa?

I know the participants are different now than in the beginning ... at the beginning it was just a question--Is this really possible? And then it became clear over time that it was ...

02-12-2013
tfs star

^That is very possible what I observed. It has been a year since I looked at it, and to be honest, I don't think I made it through all the threads That said, the dynamic is likely to change as different people enter the mix But I am to tired to analyse... Too much material to study

02-12-2013
backstage pass

I found my december item!! No, no snowboots yet, but that might still happen during the sales... But I had a 25% discount at NAP and this dress was low stock. I had it on my ultimate wishlist for months now and always hoped I could grap it during sales. I love winter dresses and there are always only few out there that look right for me.

The dress arrived today and it's gorgeous... Strangely I recently tend to buy more classic, less colorful items. I still love strong colors, but right now it feels as if I can need some neutral, classic items. I'm sure there will yellow times again ;-)

Pic: net-a-porter.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg burberrybrit.jpg (238.6 KB, 4 views)

03-12-2013
Power to the 99%

patagonia
^ Love the plaid ... funny that you aren't a skirt person, but this is a top/skirt effect dress

My new jacket ... this is fleece, but the reviews indicate it's convincing as a fake fur ... hmmm. This is meant to keep me warm while walking, and hopefully also be useful for real life as well ... it has a wind-stop lining. I sized up per the advice of the reviews, so hopefully I ordered the right one.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pelage small.jpg (6.3 KB, 80 views)

03-12-2013
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionista-ta View Post
^ Love the plaid ... funny that you aren't a skirt person, but this is a top/skirt effect dress

My new jacket ... this is fleece, but the reviews indicate it's convincing as a fake fur ... hmmm. This is meant to keep me warm while walking, and hopefully also be useful for real life as well ... it has a wind-stop lining. I sized up per the advice of the reviews, so hopefully I ordered the right one.
Curious on your new jacket!

You are right about the skirt effect. Well, I must say I've been wearing the two skirts I own more often in recent weeks. With this dress I like how it falls. I think if I were to wear a real sweater with a real skirt in this look. It probably would look a bit bulkier. I'm petite and always pay attention that I don't add too much bulk.

I'm was wearing the dress today at work and it felt great!

03-12-2013
Power to the 99%

How curious? The sizing or the fur part? I think this jacket is a lot more versatile than the down one I was looking at ... but, no hood. So I'll probably need something for my ears. If so, will probably find something on Etsy. The sleeves bell, so I'll be able to wear my regular leather gloves (or my long red knit ones).

Very handily, Patagonia gives you a chance to pin your order to Pinterest at order completion, so I did

Glad you're enjoying the dress. I understand what you're saying about streamlining ... I'm so used to wearing layers of separates that it doesn't bother me

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#5, #6, 45, french, piece, wardrobe