How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

30-08-2014
trendsetter

Yes, that one. I saw it in burgundy shade (which wasn't so nice TBH, kinda dull) in store and it looked really nice and warm. The cut is similar to the regular trench I have from the last year, just shorter and it is really flattering.

It never gets easier, you just go faster. (LeMond)

01-09-2014
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by eizhowa View Post
@Caramel: I was twice mistaken for a 14-16 year old last year when I went bare faced... I was 21 Always wear makeup!

I've always looked young, and it's never bothered me much before, but recently I've started overanalyzing and worrying a bit about not being taken seriously because of it, especially in regards to career. Both my parents and my grandparents look a lot younger than they are so I know it's just my genes, but I hope I can compensate a bit with how I dress at least. And you are right, makeup is important! I'm wondering if I should start wearing my glasses more too, they make me look a little bit more serious.

I've been looking at shoes some more, and came upon the Okala pumps from Sam Edelman. At first I was hesitant about the wide ankle strap, but after seeing them on a foot I actually quite like them. They seem to get very good reviews about being comfortable, and someone said they were great if you had high arches and inflexible feet, which I do.

capezioshoes.ca

What do you guys think?

01-09-2014
trendsetter

I have Sam Edelman sandals or years now and they are like new. Very comfortable and the leather is butter soft. All in all the quality is superior, especially for the brand's price point, so I would say go for them!

01-09-2014
rising star

Long time lurker here... I was just looking at the Sam Edelman Okala's myself. They're pretty. I have quite a few pairs of Sam Edelman shoes and have nothing bad to say about them.

Im actually torn between the SE Okalas and the Louise et Cie Esperance pumps here:

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/louise-e...y=also_viewed2

fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramel View Post
What do you guys think?
They look great! If the reviews are good I would give them a try.

Power to the 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbaraaa View Post
A COS has very recently opened in here! I've been excited about it but have been avoiding it because I think I'd rather stay away from it before the sales season

Regarding that dress I bought - I'm still considering keeping it, as I like how it looks on me and the fabric is really nice, but I think the cape is too formal a detail. My mum says the cape detail makes it look horrible
And I was thinking whether it would be worth it to have the cape removed? I mean... I feel weird about buying items to have them altered in such a way, but on the other hand, it is rare for me to find a dress that I think fits my body and isn't too short on me... It would be a nice sleeveless dress that way.

Couldn't you wear it for a nice dinner? I will also sometimes wear something a bit more formal (but not revealing) to work if I'm going out after.

Nylon I believe makes wool wear better ... about 5% should be plenty. I don't wear merino as I find it too scratchy on my sensitive skin, but what I've seen has never looked fragile. I would pass that by ...

I like the shoes, Caramel.

Last edited by fashionista-ta; 01-09-2014 at 06:13 PM.

02-09-2014
backstage pass

I discovered that my new favorite lightweight sweater has 22% nylon in it. To be honest I didn't noticed it until I was about to wash it (usually I check the label in the store). It feels like it's pure cotton (which is the other 78%) and it breathes like cotton as well. I think it helps to keep the sweaters shape better, especially since it's partly ribbed.

I like the shoes a well Caramel, the wide strap makes them more interesting. Not everything has to be thin and delicate.

03-09-2014
tfs star

That's true Fewormany. I could surely use a few pieces in my wardrobe that are not too sweet.

03-09-2014
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionista-ta View Post
I don't wear merino as I find it too scratchy on my sensitive skin, but what I've seen has never looked fragile.
Which kind of wool are you wearing instead? I love merino wool just because of that, it is much softer and finer than other types of wool (not counting cashmere obviously).
Uniqlo makes some really good extra fine merino knitwear (very affordable too) and it is machine washable, which is a big plus for me, because I just can't be bothered to wash all my wool pieces by hand. Call me lazy , but I prefer wearing low maintenance clothes in the last years.
I am very satisfied with COS's merino knitwear too, but is a lot more expensive for it's quality. Also their prices increased in the last couple of years, I noticed that the same sweater I have for a few years costs about 20-25 % more now.

Also, must show you a new member of my hand party, a leather bracelet from Ted Baker. I love it's versatility and despite being a bit more girly than my usual accessories, I know I will be wearing it plenty.
Do not mind a mosquito bite.

my pic
Attached Images
File Type: png TB3.png (253.8 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by Jinadaze; 03-09-2014 at 08:54 PM.
04-09-2014
tfs star

So, I'm probably late to the party, but I downloaded Stylebook for my iphone last night, and man! Why did I not think to do this sooner? It seems brilliant, if just slightly addictive. Anyone else using it?

Love the bracelet Jinadaze!

04-09-2014
fashion insider

* googles stylebook * Aha, not for android. Nevermind

Jinadaze: My hands are constantly covered in cat scratches so don't feel bad about your invisible mosquito bite Btw, I also walked into a doorframe today (and then fell down) and I now have a big blue bump on my forehead. Every outfit needs some personalization!

Last edited by eizhowa; 04-09-2014 at 09:57 AM.

04-09-2014
Power to the 99%

^ Just put some mascara on it ...

Jinadaze, I don't wear very much wool, actually. Sometimes furblend ... usually I wear some kind of blend (like silk) that just has a little wool in it, and that way I'm fine. A lot of my sweaters are cotton ... Very expensive ones bother me a lot less, so I guess quality has something to do with it.

05-09-2014
fashion elite

The boots from my wishlist have arrived, what do you guys think?
my pics
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Boots 1.jpg (31.1 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Boots 2.jpg (35.5 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Boots 3.jpg (29.3 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Boots 4.jpg (26.9 KB, 43 views)

fashion insider

I think you can make a lot of interesting silhouettes with the boots. I think it looks chic with the black trousers, but I think the look with the skirt is a bit unflattering from the side. I am very self conscious about my calves and ankles myself, so I might be projecting... I seem to remember you have very good legs, so I don't know if this would even cross your mind or bother you at all. They look very good from the front. Are you going to try to pair them with a midi skirt, like in the picture you posted, as well?

05-09-2014
fashion elite

Thanks eizhowa. My only worry is that maybe it looks a bit too wide in the upper part from the side... I discovered I don't own a midi skirt!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#6, #7, 45, french, piece, wardrobe