The 4-5 piece French wardrobe #9 - Page 3 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

03-01-2016
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionista-ta View Post
I received some Christmas socks as a present this year, but I think they would be too subtle for you One pair is white with red and green polka dots, and the other is red with a green edging and hot pink toe/heel.

I have given some before that you might like--a string of Christmas lights winding around the foot and ankle.

This year it was too warm to wear my Christmas sweater on Christmas Day!

PS Maybe a sweater with a deeper V-neck?
I like the idea of christmas lights on a sweater... hmm...

I am always looking for deep v sweaters and t-shirts, but unsurprisingly, I am very picky... I haven't found a single one that I like (that also fits)...

03-01-2016
#Resist

^ Well, put some meat on your bones, girl! Then you'll really have a shape to show off

Yes, I understand about picky! I think that is one thing we all have in common here

03-01-2016
front row

eizhenhowa and tata: stupid question, but is it possible to be shortcircuited when wearing socks / sweater with xmas lights?

tata: hahahaha, actually i am too lazy to put on lipstick because i eat all the time, so it always almost wiped out. i painted my nails dark purple today, and am not happy. I thought bright red would be a better color. Oh well, til wednesday!

04-01-2016
#Resist

I'm talking about lights knitted into the pattern--so no!

Well, I eat at all the usual times as well I start off the day with lipgloss, and then apply lipstick as needed. At home, I keep a lip balm in every room, and apply that when I'm there. I virtually never have chapped lips!

04-01-2016
#Resist

Finally got my black dress when I went back to work today (and my two pair of bear socks--one for me, one to give away). The fit was good in many ways, but ultimately fell short. I went to fill out the return form tonight, and had the opportunity to exchange for the next size--which has never even been a possibility before with other Yoox returns--so I decided to try it.

I think what's biting me is that my unusually curvy rear view is taking an inordinate amount of the available space, thus causing fit issues in other areas I also thought it was a tad short, so the next size should fix that, and hopefully everything--I'll see!

04-01-2016
front row

Ouchhhhhhhhhhh so it's knitted lights!!! *embarassed*

tata, have you tried Lush lip scrub? I love it so much, so delicious and effective! BTW on the bottega veneta, mine are venetas in maxi. I lugged a lot of stuffs in my bag, and i heard medium is quite small, altough can perfectly used in night outings as it looks more formal. Yours is purple, right? Os is it your make up pouch that is purple? The leather is so delicious, right?

BTW I got zara coupon for xmas, and i bought this. Very comfy to wear, and the back is interesting.

Last edited by floodette; 04-01-2016 at 11:38 PM.

05-01-2016
#Resist

I did once see a sweater that lit up! Not sure if that was DIY or not ...

Pretty back to the dress!

I like a very specific size bag, and I find that Bottega doesn't make it generally--I typically find their bags either too small or too big. So the things I have from them are not handbags, but other accessories--like my makeup bag. I would buy more if I could think of a reason!

I need lip scrub only once every few years, so I don't own any

05-01-2016
V.I.P.

Beautiful dress floodette, love sexy backs on dresses!

Hopefully your next size is perfect fashionista-ta.

05-01-2016
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nymphaea View Post
Beautiful dress floodette, love sexy backs on dresses!

Hopefully your next size is perfect fashionista-ta.
thanks a lot, nymphaea and tata!

just a bit on goldilocks type of problem with BV bag, indeed a lot of people said that they need a size between lrge and maxi venetas, on which it was replied that large belly veneta (the one with rounded edge) is that size. i dont know if it is the size you prefer, tata, but just in case...

05-01-2016
#Resist

Some years ago, Tomas Maier would say that the bags were the 'right' size, and he didn't really care if they weren't the size women wanted. Then mysteriously that changed, it seems I am perfectly happy with my Happy--long may it last!

Thanks, Nymphaea--me too! Hopefully the style works on me.

The dress has an interesting (and very typical) feature that I didn't notice mentioned in the description ... at the seam under the bustline there are large hooks at either side and thread eyes to make the dress a bit more fitted. I have the same hook in a different finish in my Bottega skirt I think ...

05-01-2016
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionista-ta View Post
^ Well, put some meat on your bones, girl! Then you'll really have a shape to show off

Yes, I understand about picky! I think that is one thing we all have in common here
I just bought a bra with an F-cup. I consider myself quite curvy as I am!

I like small to medium sized bags myself. But that might be because I can't lift more than about 20 kilos (and only 12-ish if I want to get the bag up to my shoulder) so I can't do big bags

Which size is your Happy bag, Fashionista-ta? I forget.

Floodette: I like bare backs and I cannot lie...

Last edited by eizhowa; 05-01-2016 at 02:00 PM.

05-01-2016
#Resist

^ I suppose so

The description of mine is Medium. But I'm not sure there's a small, I thought the only smaller one is the mini, maybe cross-body, not sure. That one is more evening bag size. There used to be a bigger size, but I haven't seen it in years.

06-01-2016
front row

oooohhhhhh tata, you really intrigued me with Happy. Am waiting for my preloved Happy to arrive this week! Hopefully I will love mine as much as you love yours.

I am really a big bag girl, and just tried to downsize as now I have terrible back pain (age, age...). As my smallest bag is really not small at all, or too small so I can't fit in umbrella (indispensible during rainy season!), I let myself bought the medium Happy and also a special veneta made from cervo leather with ayers stitching. Hope the pic is attached, I only received him yesterday, but bought it on New Year's eve.

For 2016, I would like (not need, LOL) to have one pair of south sea pearl earrings. And I need to buy my subeng, the traditional earrings I posted earlier...

Eizhowa: hello from another curvy girl.
Attached Images
File Type: png Capture.PNG (418.8 KB, 4 views)

06-01-2016
#Resist

I have some back/neck/shoulder issues as well, so I stopped carrying shoulder bags, unless I really have to free up my hands. I carry the Happy on my left wrist, with the handle doubled (you can also extend one handle all the way, with the other flush with the bag, to create a long shoulder strap).

IMO it doesn't have room for an umbrella, but I always carry one separately when I think I need it, unless I happen to be carrying my tote.

06-01-2016
#Resist

Received my Farfetch packages today, and overall I'm pleased.

The blouse is a prettier blue than in the pictures--I would call it a peacock blue, not a royal blue. The color name is Bleu Azure, Pristine Blue in English. It has the complexity that is typical of Alber's colors. It fits like a glove, which would not be my first choice, but it's that or nothing! The fabric of the blouse is also much heavier than I expected, a heavy crepe.

The gold shoes I really love. They are more beautiful than the pictures. The contrast with the bow is really nice, the pearls are lovely ... and somehow the padding is pillowier in these than in any of my others.

The only thing is, I ordered the wrong size in the black shoes. I'm so used to 39 being my size for the ballet flats that I forgot I take my normal size in their pumps, which is what the black shoe is. I haven't looked to see if they have my size ... it looks like all they have left is 38. So those are going back ... they are beautiful, they look just like the picture, except pointier.

Last edited by fashionista-ta; 06-01-2016 at 10:42 PM.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#8, #9, 45, french, piece, wardrobe