The 4-5 piece French wardrobe #9 - Page 50 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

1 Week Ago
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by eizhowa View Post
Betina, if you find a good dupe, remember to let me know where you found it

Barbaraa, I am so envious of your UK trip! I haven't been in ages.
Will do! Topshop has a pair that looks god shapewise and is patent, but they are pleather, and Bianco has a pair that looks good shapewise but is plain leather and not patent. I am thinking I will buy the latter.

Also, the dress you commented on on pinterest came back in stock so I ordered it. I am thinking it might work for the weddings I am attending later this year, if I have it hemmed to a knee-length.

Also, with the warmer weather (hopefully) approaching I need t-shirts, so I might pick up a few of those (I am thinking one statementy and one plain white) soon.

Pics via asos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg asosdress2.jpg (30.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg asosdress1.jpg (24.4 KB, 0 views)

1 Week Ago
tfs star

I haven't been shopping much lately either. Only some sportswear (leggings and trainers) and this knitted top from ADPT. I am probably going to Paris for the first time with my husband in May, so I have to save some spending money for the trip.

asos

1 Week Ago
#Resist

Thanks, floodette, Jina, and betina

betina, great dress! The high-low hemline seems to be very popular right now ... not sure you need to hem it? So beautiful as is ... I've felt a bit tempted to get a skirt with a hi-lo hemline, but I'm not sure about wearing it to work ...

Jina, what about tropical-weight wool or lined wool crepe? I've had skirts like that I could wear much of the year here, but I know your climate is rather different Maybe with special warm tights underneath? Our summers are quite hot and I hate to wear wool then unless I have to. Maybe you can find something in Paris! (I find it quite sad that I don't share a continent with Paris )

Save

1 Week Ago
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionista-ta View Post
Thanks, floodette, Jina, and betina

betina, great dress! The high-low hemline seems to be very popular right now ... not sure you need to hem it? So beautiful as is ... I've felt a bit tempted to get a skirt with a hi-lo hemline, but I'm not sure about wearing it to work ...

Jina, what about tropical-weight wool or lined wool crepe? I've had skirts like that I could wear much of the year here, but I know your climate is rather different Maybe with special warm tights underneath? Our summers are quite hot and I hate to wear wool then unless I have to. Maybe you can find something in Paris! (I find it quite sad that I don't share a continent with Paris )

Save
The thing is, that the model is 1.76 meters tall and... I am not so yeah I think I have to. Also I am thinking it might be slightly overdressed as a maxi as both weddings are casual daytime wedddings like our own.

I think you can defintely do hi-low for work depending on the styling - and working environment ofc.

1 Week Ago
V.I.P.

Betina, I think the ruffles and wrap element makes it more casual (and it is very summer-y). Are you sure hemming it to knee length is neccesary? I am sure it would look good at that length as well, but it is more special as a maxi dress. Maybe it can be hemmed to be a midi-dress?

1 Week Ago
V.I.P.

Betina (again), H&M Basics have some plain white crew neck tees. My sister bought them in ivory and pure white and I have stolen both, because they didn't twist in the wash. They were only 90 kr each so they were a steal. Litteraly

#Resist

Maybe a way to make it more casual would be with the shoes ... like maybe wear it with espadrille wedges?

1 Week Ago
tfs star

I think it is fairly boho casual for a long dress as well, but for one wedding the bride will be wearing a short dress and on reddit the general opinion was that a long dress is no go for a guest then. Maybe I should have asked you guys first I will definetely go for a midi if I have it hemmed. I will go casual with accesories, knowing me I will probably wear my fringe-y leather jacket with it. I don't think espadrilles really suit my style - I was considering that too though.

Thx for the tee recommendation Eizhowa. I usually buy the organic cotton tee from Gina tricot but I will look for the h&m ones too.

1 Week Ago
tfs star

I was about to click "buy" on those plain leather tango dupes but suddenly I cannot decide if the plain leather combined with the shape makes them look a little matronly any thoughts?

1 Week Ago
backstage pass

I think the style of the shoe is ridiculously gorgeous in any type of leather or even colour, but if you could provide some pictures it might be easier to form an opinion

1 Week Ago
#Resist

^ True that

1 Week Ago
V.I.P.

I am very enamoured with the patent version, so I don't think I can give an objective response.

Massimo dutti are doing a pale pink dupe. I remember I saw them in spain, but forgot to mention them. I am not sure if you are set on getting a black dupe.

tfs star

Thx for your input guys. I definetely think the patent brings some "oomph", but in the end the shape of the toe was just too square and I think that just made the shape of the shoe look less elegant. So no shoes this time.

1 Week Ago
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by eizhowa View Post
I am very enamoured with the patent version, so I don't think I can give an objective response.

Massimo dutti are doing a pale pink dupe. I remember I saw them in spain, but forgot to mention them. I am not sure if you are set on getting a black dupe.
Yeah, I saw those and the shape looks really good, but I would really like something black.

1 Week Ago
#Resist

^ Maybe you can save the purchase of the real thing for next year ... and put your Christmas $$$ toward the purchase

Well, I am totally kicking myself today ... I had found some black Lanvin ballets on Yoox, my size, marked down, ornament I really liked ... and now they're sold out because I didn't order them immediately. My reasons for not doing so now seem utterly idiotic Geez ... big sigh.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#8, #9, 45, french, piece, wardrobe