The 4-5 piece French wardrobe #9 - Page 6 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

20-01-2016
front row

My subeng is here!!!!

The details and workmanship is just awesome. They even carved the top part of the 'bottom', which basically noone could see!!! And the graet thing is that it is quite lightweight!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0322.JPG (270.5 KB, 7 views)

20-01-2016
#Resist

^ Glad you're so happy with them

My exchange dress arrived, and the new size works. It's rather plain at the neckline, but I can try a necklace I rarely wear--rubies with a black and diamond pendant. I imagine it was intended to be worn with one of those spectacular costume pieces. I got an e-mail saying my shoe refund has been processed, but still waiting for the actual funds to show up. In the meantime, someone's returned a top I wanted ... and someone's bought the graffiti ballet flats I wanted in my size. Online shopping drama

21-01-2016
tfs star

Beautiful Floodette!! Congratulations!
Oh wow Ta-ta, drama indeed, good job keeping your cool through it all
I like plain necklines, they are very versatile with all sorts of necklaces or big earrings.

Been looking casually around the usual suspects for sales, nothing catches my fancy... good thing I bought the striped sweater full-price last month, and my long over-knee boots from the fall have grown comfy so they're happily and elegantly keeping me warm in sub-zero temps. So glad I planned ahead!

Just to say, yesterday my Russian Red was absolutely impeccable after eating a big salad with big clumsy leaves and dressing that went everywhere and having to dab constantly at my mouth with the napkin. So yes. But I would not wear red lipstick without a full base of good liner.

21-01-2016
backstage pass

Hi everyone

I have been keeping up but sometimes it is hard to take the time to actually post... I'm officially "unemployed" as I quit my job to take care of heavy bureaucracy to get my new job

Regarding my Marc by Marc Jacobs wallet - I LOVE it. The leather feels amazingly smooth and the quality is definitely palpable. A great investment for sure, and the colours and style are so classic that I can definitely use it for years and years to come. Very, very pleased with the purchase.

Regarding lipsticks... like nail polish, I find that your mileage may vary (Opi is a brand that disappointed me but others find really good). I have never tried MAC, but my coworkers were often impressed at how some of my lipsticks didn't wear off during the day. I find Revlon's lipsticks very durable and comfortable to wear. I eat like three or four times during my work day and I never reapplied! I also have a Sephora lipstick I really like, and recently got Lord & Berry from my Look Fantastic beauty box subscription and it is really good as well.

My new job is near a huge shopping centre and I browsed a little the other day when I went to sign the contract... I finally found a leopard print button up I'd had my eye on for a while, nicely discounted (for 1/3 of the original price). One of my goals is to balance nicer quality items with items that are not as good, and I think it is working.

The thing with my new job is it has a bit of a dress code... but not too much. It's a well known international financial services group. Jeans for Casual Fridays only, no leggings (not a problem for me) and no sneakers (also cool with that). Everyone seems to wear non-obvious denim during the week however I want to get some skinny trousers... looking into those.

I've also bought a handbag "organiser" thing but I haven't used it yet as I've been relying heavily on my gym bag my boyfriend gave me for Christmas (as I'm mostly going out in order to go work out) and my British Museum tote bag for my wallet or a sandwich

Browsing yoox has given me a better idea of what designers I do like, but that site is a mess!

Also trying to wear more jewellery but I'm not sure what kinds I do like...

Last edited by barbaraaa; 21-01-2016 at 07:39 AM.
21-01-2016
front row

Thanks, Melisande and Tata. Now my next shopping list is south sea pearl stud.

Melisande, so you use liner? do you put the liner all over the lips to give the lipstick something to 'hang' to or really as a liner? I will try to pick up RR next time I'm in a mall.

Barbaraa, congrats on a new job! ahhhh nothing's better than having things you coveted with great discount!! love that feeling!

Last edited by floodette; 21-01-2016 at 09:10 AM.

21-01-2016
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by floodette View Post
Thanks, Melisande and Tata. Now my next shopping list is south sea pearl stud.

Melisande, so you use liner? do you put the liner all over the lips to give the lipstick something to 'hang' to or really as a liner? I will try to pick up RR next time I'm in a mall.

Barbaraa, congrats on a new job! ahhhh nothing's better than having things you coveted with great discount!! love that feeling!

I don't know of Melisande of course ( ) but I do that - I find that it makes the lipstick last better.

21-01-2016
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by floodette View Post
Melisande, so you use liner? do you put the liner all over the lips to give the lipstick something to 'hang' to or really as a liner?
Absolutely. All over. That's what I mean. Wouldn't dream of doing otherwise. I've tried a gazillion different liners but always come back to MAC, so many of them smear/bleed.

21-01-2016
V.I.P.

If you don't use the liner all over, you run the risk of looking like Pamela Anderson if you forget to freshen up your lipstick at any one point

#Resist

barbara, glad you're so happy with your wallet! I think it's a great item to invest in, since you use it practically every day. I have my eye on a new one myself ...

And congrats on the new job!

PS Most of the time I use a liner shade that is just darker than my natural lip color, so it's pretty invisible. When my lipstick wears, it's typically just from the inner third or half of my lips, unless I'm eating a massive sandwich or something.

Last edited by fashionista-ta; 21-01-2016 at 01:25 PM.
21-01-2016
V.I.P.

I completely missed the part about your new job, Barbaraa! Congrats! (lets pretend thats me in a party hat with fireworks in my hand, and not a wizard with a wand)

#Resist

saksoff5th
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melisande View Post
Beautiful Floodette!! Congratulations!
Oh wow Ta-ta, drama indeed, good job keeping your cool through it all
I like plain necklines, they are very versatile with all sorts of necklaces or big earrings.

Been looking casually around the usual suspects for sales, nothing catches my fancy... good thing I bought the striped sweater full-price last month, and my long over-knee boots from the fall have grown comfy so they're happily and elegantly keeping me warm in sub-zero temps. So glad I planned ahead!

Just to say, yesterday my Russian Red was absolutely impeccable after eating a big salad with big clumsy leaves and dressing that went everywhere and having to dab constantly at my mouth with the napkin. So yes. But I would not wear red lipstick without a full base of good liner.
Just another reason to meditate

I love a bargain, but sometimes it's well worth paying full price. Tonight I did not though ... got this for less than a quarter of retail. This is the top I didn't snag in time originally that was returned ... hopefully because of sizing. Lanvin's S/M/L, etc. is quite different from American S/M/L ...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Lanvin white.jpg (11.9 KB, 0 views)

22-01-2016
backstage pass

I made a long post and now it's gone..

So, the shirt version. Got some jeans as replacement (one grey pair from A.P.C, one light blue from Nudie) in the sale. And just this morning I spotted a great t-shirt by Chayalan (I needed some non-solid tops for the summer) and a grey cashmere v-neck form Jcrew. Never bought cashmere before, hope it will be as cloudy-soft as I hope.

Also got new glasses, the climate control at my workplace is insane and my contacts usually are dry at the end of the day. Look forward to wearing my glasses more often.

Pictures:

mrporter.com
lyst.com
aceandtate.com

22-01-2016
backstage pass

Sorry about the size of the pictures...

22-01-2016
#Resist

^ Great frames, and like the bold T! Also like how there's a color scheme to all the pieces ...

22-01-2016
V.I.P.

That's a great earring floodette, glad you love it so much.

Great your exchange dress works well fashionista-ta, statement necklaces are so nice. And a great top too.

Congrats barbaraaa with your new job and your great new wallet. Your wardrobe is going to be better and better!

Love your mini collection Fewormany, well balanced and great versatile items.

Concerning the sale I purchased so far a great black woolen sweater and a black leather pants. Keeping my eyes open for more knitweat and maybe the black belted cashmere coat I've pinned on my wishlist, but I suspect is rather thin irl. Still on the look out for a nice fitted black blazer, I have to be patient, but it's a bit annoying to have to wait forever for the perfect one to come by. My wardrobe is in it's basics complete so most of the time now I'm on the look out for something special/different.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#8, #9, 45, french, piece, wardrobe