The 4-5 piece French wardrobe #9 - Page 63 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

1 Week Ago
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionista-ta View Post
I embrace the whiteness as well

If you wear a longish skirt or dress, you can obscure the proportions, especially with heels.
Long skirts and dresses are just not me, so thats not an option.

I don't mind evening-dresses though. In the evening it is dark and everyone is a bit tipsy anyway so I have less reason to be self-conscious

Another factor is that my hips and thighs are some of my favourite body parts and skirts just hide them too much. So I am very happy to wear trousers. The only real issue is that finding good quality trousers that fit my frame is difficult. I am shorter than my countrymen and a lot more picky...

V.I.P.

Throwing something new in! I've ordered these, curious for how they look irl, how versatile they are and the fit. (pic by mansur gavriel)

Going to Paris again during the Fall looking for the items of my Pinterest board FW and hopefully enjoying the weather and the architecture.

Your skirt is gorgeous Betinapple.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinadaze View Post
^ Same here. Actually I've been more self-conscious about my legs before I had any cellulite that I am now. It comes with age.
I can't agree more!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (23.9 KB, 1 views)

#Resist

^ Cute ... very you.

I finally threw out the denim trousers that have been hovering on the edge of wearing out. They were still hovering, but I decided I shouldn't be paying to dry clean them any longer. They were a bit over 2 years old, but I probably wore them about once a week for that time. I feel like denim wears out faster than other fabrics ... but now that I don't work someplace where everyone wears jeans, I don't think I need to buy denim trousers anymore.

Right now my extra $$$ is earmarked for furniture and vacation ... I might not buy anything for the rest of the year

5 Days Ago
front row

some great additions here!

i remember that betina and some others were searching for valentino tango pumps or copys

right now the original ones are on sale in a few colours and heights at mytheresa!
some of them are -50%!

https://www.mytheresa.com/de-at/tan-...atref=category

5 Days Ago
V.I.P.

Those are some really nice shoes, Nymphaea.

I picked up this today:

hm.no

I have also bought a linen shirt that I have been living in. They were both bought on the high street, so I am not sure how they will hold up in the long run. I'll just have to try to treat them well and hopefully my wardrobe won't dissintigrate before I get a job

5 Days Ago
V.I.P.

Thanks guys!

That one is really nice eizhowa, delicate and summery.

#Resist

^^ Pretty blouse ... eyelet really says summer!

4 Days Ago
tfs star

@Thx, Nymphaea! Please let me know how you like the sandals - I have been considering them as well.

@Eizhowa: such a nice blouse!

@Blackcoffee: thx for the heads up! I would prefer them in black patent or leather, and those are, of course, not marked down. Maybe another time

So, I bought this print l/s mock-turtleneck blouse from Ganni in December, which I have really enjoyed. It comes in a t-shirt style as well, which I was considering too, but since it was winter at the time and I really liked the neckline, I went with the l/s sleeve one. The other day I came across the tee marked down 60% and got it. Cannot decide if it is a bit extensive with such a somewhat loud print on two items, but on the other hand, I have worn it a lot.

Pics via ganni.com, stoy.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg linfield.jpg (30.2 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg linfieldls.jpg (5.5 KB, 34 views)

4 Days Ago
V.I.P.

Thanks, Betina, Fashionista-ta and Nymphaea!

Betina, I always regret not buying several pieces once I fall in love with something so I would just enjoy both of the pieces if I were you

tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by eizhowa View Post
Thanks, Betina, Fashionista-ta and Nymphaea!

Betina, I always regret not buying several pieces once I fall in love with something so I would just enjoy both of the pieces if I were you
Valid point - you are perfectly right

3 Days Ago
scenester

eizhowa: fantastic purchase. That eyelet blouse is lovely perfect for summer.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearlsandtwirls View Post
eizhowa: fantastic purchase. That eyelet blouse is lovely perfect for summer.
Thank you! I am really pleased with it

So I was clearing out my sisters closet and I found a pair of old Forte_Forte trousers that I had given to her a few years back. They were a perfect shade of rust (), a wool and viscose mix and surprisingly flattering. They just need to be hemmed (and steamed...)and they will be a pair of lovely casual trousers I had a rust shirt on my wishlist, but if I can get these ones sorted, then I can infuse some rust into my wardrobe without buying anything new I have accumulated a decent amount of white shirts/blouses that will all work with the trousers.

Thank God I give all my clothes to my sister instead of Goodwill and that my sister is a hoarder

Last edited by eizhowa; 3 Days Ago at 04:46 PM.
1 Day Ago
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betinapple View Post
@Thx, Nymphaea! Please let me know how you like the sandals - I have been considering them as well.
I've tried them and they look just like as in the pic, really nice suede. I like the frontal view, but not the side view. Maybe that's why there isn't an side view at NAP? Maybe the proportions are better/nicer when you have small(er) feet, I'm IT 39,5. So unfortunately not for me.

Great find in the closet of your sister eizhowa! So she actually manages you're spare closet.

tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nymphaea View Post
I've tried them and they look just like as in the pic, really nice suede. I like the frontal view, but not the side view. Maybe that's why there isn't an side view at NAP? Maybe the proportions are better/nicer when you have small(er) feet, I'm IT 39,5. So unfortunately not for me.

Great find in the closet of your sister eizhowa! So she actually manages you're spare closet.

Thats a real shame. What didn't you like about the side view? My usual issue with mules is that I feel like they cut my feet in a very unflattering way (too close to the ancle), but since the strap on these ones are way slimmer than what I've tried so far, I thought they would be better. Maybe no?

@Eizhowa: it feels so great when you are able to vamp up your wardrobe without shopping. Congrats!

Hubby and I are planning a trip to Paris during Fall. Also I will go to Oslo with a friend for a few days. If anyone have any shopping related advice it will be greatly appreciated so far I've noted that I have to visit Colette's when in Paris, since they are closing at the end of the year. Also, I believe they have Uniqlo, so I am thinking I might stock up on a few basic sweaters.

1 Day Ago
V.I.P.

Beforehand I was thinking exactly the same, but you see a little toe area and a very large ankle/rest of the foot part. It wasn't very elegant looking, also the heel seemed a bit small (the width) from the side.

Paris is lovely! I wasn't that impessed by Colette, it's rather small, busy and not many interesting items. I like L'eclaireur, also Le Bon Marché. I always visit Galeries Lafayette and Printemps. They've got at least 2 Uniqlo stores I believe.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#8, #9, 45, french, piece, wardrobe