The 4-5 piece French wardrobe #9 - Page 67 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

28-07-2017
backstage pass

Betina, I might be very late on this one, but I wear 32'' lenght jeans and once I bought a pair of 34'' skinny jeans (and once something that looked ridiculously longer than that) and... I think it looks funky. Especially when the jeans have some sort of "wear pattern" to them, as in, they're not 100% indigo or black, but have some pre-wear fading, you know? I remember having the faded knee area in my shins... a bit of a weird look imo. Buying jeans is tricky enough as it is without having to hem them that much.

I'd never seen that top before, but it looks like a lovely cut. I especially like the navy with the smaller print (probably because it looks polka dot-y in a way), but if you fell for the ivory, go for the ivory!

Speaking of cleaning closets... I have cleaned mine a couple of weeks ago and I found this pair of jeans that I'm 100% sure weren't mine because they're Mango and I never bought Mango jeans because I once tried on a pair and they fit awfully I'm thinking they were my mum's... they're brand new!

I'm also currently fully wearing out a pair of jeans I bought in 2010 that fit me again

I bought a couple of things in these sales. Some highlights: a Zara coat, a pair of red shoes, a silver skirt and a silver dress.

asos, zara

mango

When I was 12 I wore a sheath overlay silver dress to a wedding and have been wanting a new silver dress ever since

And also... I got a new pair of jeans, because I'm two sizes down!

cheapmonday

28-07-2017
#Resist

I should say that I never buy jeans with a 'wear pattern' ... I don't buy skinny jeans either, but I do buy boot cut, and I guess perhaps boyfriend cut.

28-07-2017
backstage pass

^ Yes, that should make a difference when hemming jeans! But when buying grey jeans for example, or even those I posted above - the fading is very slight, but I think it would look signnificant if "misplaced"...

29-07-2017
tfs star

@Eizhowa: I have never heard of that product, but it sounds like I need to get some of that! How do you wash silk? TBH, I have never dared to, and therefore always take my silk items to get dry cleaned.

@Barbaraa: thank you for your input. Luckily it solved itself, since ASOS, who had them cheaper, only stocked down until size 25, and appearently I need a 24, so I just got them at Zalando, where they had a 30 length. No 28, but looking at the pictures of the 26/28 on me they look a bit on the short side, and I don't think I want a cropped pant - full length seems more classic long term. Such gorgeous purchases you've made. I especially like the coat and the shoes - perfect for adding some interest to an outfit. And awesome with your jeans - that is just such a great feeling.

Still haven't decided on the top (very typical me). I know it will be the black or the ivory, and I want the latter but feel like the black one is still the more sensible choice. Oh well, I will figure it out at some point.

29-07-2017
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betinapple View Post
@Eizhowa: I have never heard of that product, but it sounds like I need to get some of that! How do you wash silk? TBH, I have never dared to, and therefore always take my silk items to get dry cleaned.

@Barbaraa: thank you for your input. Luckily it solved itself, since ASOS, who had them cheaper, only stocked down until size 25, and appearently I need a 24, so I just got them at Zalando, where they had a 30 length. No 28, but looking at the pictures of the 26/28 on me they look a bit on the short side, and I don't think I want a cropped pant - full length seems more classic long term. Such gorgeous purchases you've made. I especially like the coat and the shoes - perfect for adding some interest to an outfit. And awesome with your jeans - that is just such a great feeling.

Still haven't decided on the top (very typical me). I know it will be the black or the ivory, and I want the latter but feel like the black one is still the more sensible choice. Oh well, I will figure it out at some point.
I wash silk with Milo for silk (don't know if you have Milo, but it is a wool&silk detergent). Nylonvask for spot removing. Cold water in the machine, gentle cycle, in a washing bag.

Nylonvask can also be used to wash your car... It says so on the tin. It is well known in norway for being a "miracle cure" for stains.

I prefer the ivory one, Betina.

29-07-2017
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by eizhowa View Post
I wash silk with Milo for silk (don't know if you have Milo, but it is a wool&silk detergent). Nylonvask for spot removing. Cold water in the machine, gentle cycle, in a washing bag.

Nylonvask can also be used to wash your car... It says so on the tin. It is well known in norway for being a "miracle cure" for stains.

I prefer the ivory one, Betina.
Thank you - I will give that a shot. If I can't get nylonvask in Denmark I can fetch something when I go to Oslo. Probably the weirdest souvenir I will ever get, but handy non the least

29-07-2017
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betinapple View Post
Thank you - I will give that a shot. If I can't get nylonvask in Denmark I can fetch something when I go to Oslo. Probably the weirdest souvenir I will ever get, but handy non the least
You will find it in regular grocery shops, next to the wasing supplies

Barbaraa: It feels so great when you can tick items you have wanted for a long time (like your silver dress) off the list! I really like printed coats like the one you got. That length is so flattering as well. I wear a 28" length in jeans All you normies who wears the standard size makes me feel so short

Last edited by eizhowa; 29-07-2017 at 04:11 PM.

04-08-2017
V.I.P.

Fall 2017
Update from Norway: It is October in August. Why not, said the weather gods... It hailed kittens the other day.

And seeing as fall is well underway, I have started planning my fall wardrobe. I so sensible. Not like you nutters who plan your fall wardrobe in early spring

My wishlist as of now looks like this:

- Winter boots, black and sleek design, possibly these Deyissa boots from Isabel Marant Etoile. I could possibly do without and use my dicker boots. Or just wear sneakers when ballet flats don't work (ie. when it is snowing). In that case I need sneakers.

- Jeans with a straight-ish leg. Must go with the boots.

- Cashmere scarf from Close To My Heart in brown melange. Must. Have. This. Scarf. Now. (IT IS GREY AND BROWN! * cries a bit *)

- Porselli flats in black patent leather. There is a 6 month waiting list () and I need to order them now in order to get them in the spring... I forgot to resole the ones I had and ruined them before I noticed how badly they needed resoling (And when I say "forget" I mean suppressed because I could not bear the thought of being seperated from my patent Porsellis for 3 weeks while they were being resoled.)

- Possibly a camel crew neck jumper. Possibly.

And I would like to see if I can alter the shoulders of my Isabel Marant coat. I would like them less structured. So I will probably have to save a small fortune to pay for that.

SSense/Net-a-porter/vakrevene/apc.fr

04-08-2017
backstage pass

That grey and brown melange is beautiful and I usually hate brown!

04-08-2017
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbaraaa View Post
That grey and brown melange is beautiful and I usually hate brown!
Thank you! And how dare you!

04-08-2017
#Resist

Wait ... grey and brown together?! Isn't that ... too much color??

Are you sure the shoes are ruined? Did your cobbler say so? Ruined how ... ? Inquiring minds want to know

PS Maybe you can find some rust satin sneakers, something like that ...
Save

Last edited by fashionista-ta; 04-08-2017 at 10:18 PM.

05-08-2017
tfs star

@Eizhowa: thx! I will look for it.

I tried on the Deyissa boots a few weeks ago in my hunt for my next pair of perfect boots. Something about them wasn't right for me (I think I was wearing a dress and they didn't really work well with that, and that is a must for be, but not for you, I recall). There were really nice though.

Where is those pants from?

05-08-2017
Automated Thread Manager

This thread is now closed it has a continuation thread Here

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#8, #9, 45, french, piece, wardrobe