How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

28-12-2015
Automated Thread Manager

The 4-5 piece French wardrobe #9
This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

28-12-2015
Automated Thread Manager

The 4-5 piece French wardrobe #8
This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

28-12-2015
Love trumps hate

^ Nice design! Finding a good-looking wallet really is a challenge.

28-12-2015
V.I.P.

"THE 4-5 PIECE FRENCH WARDROBE #8 - PART 7"? What

Love trumps hate

I know

29-12-2015
front row

Tata, I am getting the medium one, plain black, I think... Haven't check as I haven't got my new phone with me. Do you think the outside pocket could fit iphone 6s? I plan to put it inside the outer pocket for easy access and not having to open Nd close the bag everytime I use my phone, which is very often.

Glad to know the new one is OK no problem. It's the one with the zipper pull inside pocket is a teardrop, right? I saw other version with coin as the inner zipper pull. which veraion do you have?

Oh, today I started to use my black maxi veneta, my XmS gift from myself, haha... I love it so much, although lots of ppl can't differentiTe between my ebano maxi and the new nero maxi...

Slmost forgot, MERRY XMAS, ALL,

29-12-2015
Love trumps hate

Mine doesn't have an outer pocket, just an inner one.

Just had to check the inner zip, I had no idea what it looked like. It is a leather pull.

PS Thanks for fixing the #9.

30-12-2015
Love trumps hate

farfetch
I was really pleased to see my refund money in my account tonight, and ordered this ...

I'll be interested to see what stores buy from the spring collection. From resort, I've bought the snake shoes and this blouse, and there's another pair of shoes I'm contemplating. Looking around at online stores, it appears that they could be cutting back their buy/commitment to the brand now that Alber's left. Liberty, for instance, had Lanvin clothes, but they've taken everything down except accessories, and have removed Lanvin from their women's designer list. The selection at Nordstrom is way down, etc. I may not be interpreting what I'm seeing correctly, of course, but it does make me wonder how much of the spring collection will even be available.

PS I wasn't able to find a code for Farfetch for this order, but I did sign up for their referral program. If you want to be referred (I believe it's $50 off), just let me know.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Lanvin ruffle blouse.jpg (77.3 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by fashionista-ta; 30-12-2015 at 10:17 PM.
31-12-2015
Love trumps hate

farfetch
Also, these shoes on sale ... not sold out as so many things are--what's nice about Farfetch is it doesn't seem to get as much traffic. Love the pearls ...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Lanvin black flat.jpg (19.1 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Lanvin gold.jpg (28.4 KB, 1 views)

31-12-2015
V.I.P.

You are totally into Albert's Lanvin shopping spree! I love the items you've chosen. I wouldn't guess you would choose a pointy flat by the way. Hopefully everthing works out nicely.

I'm still waiting for some items getting a higher discount.

V.I.P.

I had some black pointy flats once. Very flattering with jeans. I love the blue silk blouse!

Farfetch doesn't get much traffic, I think, because (just like yoox) it is impossible to navigate. I tried it once on my phone and then I had to go to therapy to get myself right again

V.I.P.

Two months from now I can start wearing ballet flats again (assuming the winter will be as usual), so I think I'll save my money and not get some winter boots.

I am really trying to not buy anything right now, because I don't know in which direction I want to take my style yet...

V.I.P.

Yoox is really horrible if you're just browsing, Farfetch is a Saint compared to Yoox imo.

V.I.P.

^True. Yoox gives me a headache

Love trumps hate

Thanks, girls

eizhowa, you're giving new meaning to retail therapy

If I really had a choice, there were some beautiful black ballerinas with a purple snake toe, and if I could bring that back, I'd have them instead. With these, I believe they took the heel and brought it down. It may be similar to the toe of the leopard heels I have. I think these will be versatile ... but what I was thinking they could do is work well when I have a more formal occasion where I need to walk a lot, like a museum show opening.

The reason I say that about the two sites is, these gold flats have been sitting around forever on Farfetch. On Yoox, literally everything I was interested in (that's at a reasonable price) has sold out. Granted, they do much better discount codes than Farfetch. But had these been on Yoox at the same price net, I think they would've been long gone.

Usually I search both sites by designer (and not just the one I've been buying lately ), and that works well. Sometimes if I'm looking for something like a black sweater, denim trousers, etc., that can be more of a needle in a haystack situation--best not to go there, especially on Yoox! But, patience can pay off. A color/type search can really work well too, especially when it's a more unusual color--I've done that for myself, as well as others.

So you're thinking of changing your style, eizhowa? Go ahead and start warning us now, so we don't get too shocked later Will you go for the Hedi Slimane transgressive schoolgirl look? Luxe bohemian? Maybe princess, with fur and tiaras??

Last edited by fashionista-ta; 31-12-2015 at 11:16 AM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#8, #9, 45, french, piece, wardrobe